Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 9th Apr 18, 8:42 AM
    • 416Posts
    • 148Thanks
    MSE Callum
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Avios rewards programme to close - customers to be transferred to the BA Executive Club
    • 9th Apr 18, 8:42 AM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Avios rewards programme to close - customers to be transferred to the BA Executive Club 9th Apr 18 at 8:42 AM
    The UK Avios Rewards Programme is closing this summer and members are being transferred into the British Airways Executive Club - if you're an Avios customer, here's what you need to know...
    Read the full story:
    'Avios rewards programme to close - customers to be transferred to the BA Executive Club'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 2
    • singhini
    • By singhini 10th Aug 18, 12:56 PM
    • 367 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    singhini
    I'm pulling my hair out with this new BA executive account. All I want to know is how long do I have to use my points that were recently transferred over from my old Avios account (I know I have 36 months, but from when)
    1 - is it when my new BA account was set up (I never had an existing account with them)
    2 - is it from the date they were transferred over to the BA account from the old Avios account
    3 - is it from the last activity on my old Avios account (they have been sat there for 33 months with no activity)
    4 - is it some other date

Anybody know please?
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 10th Aug 18, 3:44 PM
    • 38,270 Posts
    • 160,900 Thanks
    silvercar
    Theoretically it should be (3). Anecdotedly, people are finding that a single avios has been added to their account to restart the clock as BA have no way of knowing the date of the last activity - so (2) maybe what is happening.

It is relatively easy to earn an Avios, buy something through the shopping portal.
    • singhini
    • By singhini 11th Aug 18, 11:00 AM
    • 367 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    singhini
    Theoretically it should be (3). Anecdotedly, people are finding that a single avios has been added to their account to restart the clock as BA have no way of knowing the date of the last activity - so (2) maybe what is happening.

It is relatively easy to earn an Avios, buy something through the shopping portal.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Hi
    I managed to speak to the old Avios people and they told me it was from when I set up my BA account (so around June time).

To keep it simple I did what you suggested and just now I converted £2.50 of my Tesco vouchers into 600 BA Avios points which will be credited in the next 28 day (thus re-setting my 36 months).

Thanks once again.
    • steve1500
    • By steve1500 11th Aug 18, 2:46 PM
    • 1,121 Posts
    • 748 Thanks
    steve1500
    3 years from when you last credited your account - a transfer from Avios to BA doesn't count, needs to be from somewhere like Tesco's which usually happens within 24 hours.

Agree very naughty of BA to take the Avios if transferred in, I had the same problem last year, gave me a month to credit the account
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA
    • alfista
    • By alfista 13th Aug 18, 8:40 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    alfista
    Back in April, I transferred all my Avios to my BA account. Since then, I have been earning Avios each month - I then login to Avios and manually transfer the Avios to BA. No problems so far. Avios may not be a perfect scheme, but it works for me - so far this year I've been to Corfu at minimal cost, and will soon be going to Barcelona. BTW I've just noticed I can earn more Avios if I use an Avios "cash passport" - to be tried.
    It's only rock 'n' roll ...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

416Posts Today

2,469Users online

Martin's Twitter