Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dhoney22002
    • By Dhoney22002 9th Apr 18, 5:28 AM
    • 29Posts
    • 16Thanks
    Dhoney22002
    Scs law lbc by ukpc
    • 9th Apr 18, 5:28 AM
    Scs law lbc by ukpc 9th Apr 18 at 5:28 AM
    Hi all, thanks for all your threads and peace of mind. I have read the NEWBIES thread and I understood them well most of them anyway.

Why I am starting this thread is because I haven't read anything on hospital car parks. A LBC was received from SCS LAW on behalf of UKPC who in turn is working for a hospital. As staff of the hospital, we pay, monthly, quarterly or yearly on parking and were issued with parking permits. However, half of the time there were never enough spaces therefore parking anywhere posiible in order not to be late for shifts. Each time this happened, ukpc would issue tickets on the screen before the end of the shift. Now a letter has arrived asking for over 800.

These cowboys rogue are so heartless, on one of the days, ticket office was shut due to staff shortage, a letter was left on the screen explaining this, but a ticket was still left anyway.
    Another occasion, a courtesy car was used and a message was left with own car reg number with explanation that the permit was forgotten in own car and car at garage for Service, a ticket was still issued anyway.
    3rd and most crazy one. The car was left on same spot for 2 days. 1st day, ticket was issued, 2nd day another ticket was issued and the 1st ticket was on the ground......... how did that happen????? Guessed the parking attendant took it off and issued a new one
    We use to laugh about these in the coffee room saying how rogue and crazy they are not knowing it's still coming to take a big chunk out of our backsides
    It was learnt that the amount of tickets they issue the more commission they get....... that is disgusting!!!!
    A complaint will be made to the trust and a reply would be drafted and posted here for a proof read and help.......
    Thanks guys!!!
Page 3
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th May 18, 7:45 AM
    • 17,575 Posts
    • 27,786 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Not "Many thanks" for heaven's sake.

It should really be a "Dear Sir....................Yours faithfully" letter.

Does the contract give them authority to take legal action? If not, put that in as well.
    Originally posted by Guys Dad
    +1

It is the contract with the landowner that needs to include the authority to take legal action, not 'a letter from the landowner'.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Dhoney22002
    • By Dhoney22002 17th May 18, 7:51 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Dhoney22002
    [QUOTE It should really be a "Dear Sir....................Yours faithfully" letter.[/QUOTE]
    Noted, will change that now thank you.
    • Dhoney22002
    • By Dhoney22002 17th May 18, 8:00 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Dhoney22002
    is the contract with the landowner that needs to include the authority to take legal action, not 'a letter from the landowner
    Thanks. I have gone through the contract again and it does give permission for court proceedings however, something else caught my eyes whilst reading through it again. It stated that any change to the contract is only effective if and when UKPC agrees to it in writing. So I hope this gives me leverage that the contract is no longer valid.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th May 18, 9:28 AM
    • 7,333 Posts
    • 9,773 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Thanks. I have gone through the contract again and it does give permission for court proceedings however, something else caught my eyes whilst reading through it again. It stated that any change to the contract is only effective if and when UKPC agrees to it in writing. So I hope this gives me leverage that the contract is no longer valid.
    Originally posted by Dhoney22002
    Keep going ...... I hope all the notice boards in the hospital
    now have the notification that UKPC is banned from the DVLA

No doubt UKPC are still issuing tickets in the hope they
    can still mug people.
    Why not have a box available for people to put
    their pointless tickets in, build up a collection and then
    present the box to the press.

I wonder just how much the hospital understands the
    sheer size of the scam operated by UKPC

So, at the moment ALL UKPC tickets are worthless and you
    are in a prime position to scupper the earnings of UKPC.

If you have been in contact with your union, they could
    help by finding out all NHS sites that employ UKPC

If and when the DVLA lift the ban on UKPC, this site
    will know so keep checking
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Dhoney22002
    • By Dhoney22002 17th May 18, 10:11 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Dhoney22002
    If and when the DVLA lift the ban on UKPC, this site will know so keep checking
    Thank you, I will keep checking.
    • Dhoney22002
    • By Dhoney22002 17th May 18, 10:16 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Dhoney22002
    If you have been in contact with your union, they could
    help by finding out all NHS sites that employ UKPC
    Are you thinking I take the information gathered to the press?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th May 18, 10:22 AM
    • 17,575 Posts
    • 27,786 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    They'd love it. I don't suppose you will know about UKPC 'previous' at hospital car parks (and this on top of their ban from DVLA access because of forging of photographs, and now their current ban)?

Well if you're not aware (nor I guess is your hospital) - have a read of this:

https://www.aol.co.uk/2014/07/29/parking-cowboys-target-cancer-wards/
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th May 18, 10:46 AM
    • 7,333 Posts
    • 9,773 Thanks
    beamerguy
    OH YES ...... local and National press and if poss, your
    local TV station.

People must know that as from the 22/3/18 UKPC tickets
    are simply worthless. This is very applicable to NHS hard
    working staff who are being betrayed by the traitor
    Jeremy Hunt

Do remember that while the NHS is happy to allow
    scammers to steal money from their staff, Hunt is living
    a ripe old life buying properties in the South to rent out

Constant exposures regarding these hospital scammers
    is the only way forward

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Dhoney22002
    • By Dhoney22002 17th May 18, 10:47 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Dhoney22002
    OMG this is awful to read and heart breaking actually....... already these patients are vulnerable and struggling financially. How does anyone target such people unless they are hard-core crims!!!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th May 18, 10:47 AM
    • 7,333 Posts
    • 9,773 Thanks
    beamerguy
    They'd love it. I don't suppose you will know about UKPC 'previous' at hospital car parks (and this on top of their ban from DVLA access because of forging of photographs, and now their current ban)?

Well if you're not aware (nor I guess is your hospital) - have a read of this:

https://www.aol.co.uk/2014/07/29/parking-cowboys-target-cancer-wards/
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Well said .. well said

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Dhoney22002
    • By Dhoney22002 17th May 18, 10:49 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Dhoney22002
    And I am sure the trust was not aware of this. Or maybe they knew and just didn't care.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th May 18, 10:51 AM
    • 17,575 Posts
    • 27,786 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    And I am sure the trust was not aware of this. Or maybe they knew and just didn't care.
    Ask them to find out. Email with link. You could do a FOI request asking for copies of the due diligence procedure and data the hospital conducted and collected before contracting with UKPC - and did that due diligence include asking UKPC about the report of their appalling record at hospitals?
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 17-05-2018 at 10:55 AM.

• Dhoney22002
    • By Dhoney22002 17th May 18, 10:53 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Dhoney22002
    Do remember that while the NHS is happy to allow
    scammers to steal money from their staff, Hunt is living
    a ripe old life buying properties in the South to rent out
    Sounds like my Trust might be aware all along that UKPC are scammers but just didn't care.
    • Dhoney22002
    • By Dhoney22002 17th May 18, 10:57 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Dhoney22002
    Ask them to find out. Email with link. You could do a FOI request asking for copies of the due diligence procedure and data the hospital conducted and collected before contracting with UKPC - and did that due diligence include asking UKPC about the report of their appalling re ord at hospitals?
    Might just do that and they probably will suspect straightaway I am up to something!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th May 18, 11:01 AM
    • 7,333 Posts
    • 9,773 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Sounds like my Trust might be aware all along that UKPC are scammers but just didn't care.
    With all the bad publicity about parking and UKPC, someone
    knows, the big question is still .... "who benefits from this"

Corruption is not confined to the Far East ?

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th May 18, 11:35 AM
    • 17,575 Posts
    • 27,786 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Might just do that and they probably will suspect straightaway I am up to something!
    A FOI request doesn't have to be in your real name - a nom de plume is fine. Go here:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

90Posts Today

1,148Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin