Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 9th Apr 18, 3:54 AM
    • 1,657Posts
    • 18,259Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    O/S Daily Monday 9th April 2018
    • 9th Apr 18, 3:54 AM
    O/S Daily Monday 9th April 2018 9th Apr 18 at 3:54 AM
    This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Page 2
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 9th Apr 18, 1:18 PM
    • 2,403 Posts
    • 30,000 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Lainey[/B] I hope Lulu is a good girl for her vaccination, and it's not too unpleasant for her.
    by LameWolf;74135103

[B
    She was a very good girl thanks LW and hardly flinched when the needle went in. She had never had anything in the way of vaccinations before she came to me but has quickly got used to it and always gets a reward afterwards, today it was an apple x
    • poppy811
    • By poppy811 9th Apr 18, 2:06 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    poppy811
    Hi
    Another one who hardly irons, its amazing what a bit of careful folding or hanging can do!
    Weather is still wet and miserable but at least it is a bit warmer. Youngest son and family are coming for tea tonight. They are off to New Zealand next week as daughter in laws Mum is terminally ill. DIL is on maternity leave so is planning on staying out there with the children for about 3 months but my son will have to be home quite quickly as he starts a new (promotion) job.
    • Gers
    • By Gers 9th Apr 18, 6:13 PM
    • 6,694 Posts
    • 43,566 Thanks
    Gers
    Evening all.

What a pleasant day it's been here. Not hot, lots of coud but mostly very mild with enough breeze to waft the washing on the line.

First thing I went up to see a friend and left her a pot of everlasting sweet peas and some seeds which she'll start off for me.

I made it to the bank with five minutes to spare before it closed for lunch so got the cheque deposited. Then I drove down to the dump with my very smelly bag of rubbish - forgot that I had put OOD sprouts in it rather than the compost bin so had to drive with the window open.

The washing was a small load of colours and then an old woollen blanket from DM's car. Everything is dry despite no sun. Another friend called round for 'five minutes' and stayed two hours, we just got caught up in chatting. Her and her husband own a property near me which the long term tenant moved out of two weeks ago and now needs some maintainence work done.

The TA's are in my mind still and I'm hoping that all is well there.

My evening will be quiet, I've got 'Ordeal by Innocence' to catch up on and then some reading. I've just finished a very disappointing Peter James book so am hoping for better things from Mark Billingham.
    • csarina2
    • By csarina2 9th Apr 18, 6:30 PM
    • 2,243 Posts
    • 22,909 Thanks
    csarina2
    Young lady came to look at the dresser, she was delighted with it, so we now have an empty space where it stood. Carpet needs cleaning, i have cleaned the cobwebs off the wall and the dust off the skirting boards. Will be doing a bit of a shift round in the morning.
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 9th Apr 18, 8:06 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 11,983 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    Evening all (bends knees in the policemen style from old films )

Hope everyone has had the best day they can & the poorlies are starting to recover.

Day has been grey & drizzly but was still light at 7.00 p.m.

Started off slowly today - several cups of tea, bit of Angry Birds whilst catching up on recorded TV programmes Then a flurry of activity:-

Vacuumed downstairs, finally emptied dining room fridge/freezer - dozen bottles/tins of beer being put in garage, kitchen - windows washed & cleaned, tiles & work surfaces washed down, plastic window & door frames scrubbed clean - who knew - they are white not cream , dining room Plastic window frame & windows scrubbed clean. DH has filled the bird & squirrel feeders, composted a bag of peelings, tidied three large bags of tools etc into garage, paid a bill & tidied up the telephone wiring

Just about to cook dinner - burger, egg & chips.

Tomorrow’s plans are vacuum upstairs & staircase, clean kitchen floor, V*x the rest of downstairs, defrost & clean dining room fridge/freezer & move it into garage (won’t be plugged in).

After that there will be nothing done (need to rest up ) as off to DSis’s place in a few days to clear out house & pack for moving Her place is enormous & DH & I are panicking about how to clear it What is that saying - ‘needs must when the devil drives’

Anyway now I have depressed myself, I will sign off

MrsSD
  • archived user
    Evening all,

This afternoon was productive....I got rained on coming back from the doctors and Blackun fell down the stairs. I've got stair gates on as well. She followed me up but thankfully she overtook me and I was able break her fall.

Sleep well all.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,723Posts Today

8,320Users online

Martin's Twitter