Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thegirlsmum
    • By thegirlsmum 8th Apr 18, 7:39 PM
    • 118Posts
    • 101Thanks
    thegirlsmum
    0 WOW
    where is everyone getting these great deals from???
    • 8th Apr 18, 7:39 PM
    0 WOW
    where is everyone getting these great deals from??? 8th Apr 18 at 7:39 PM
    I hear all these people going on 2 holidays a month who just keep saying "oh i just keep browsing online". they drive me nuts. i would love to find out how/where to get these great bargains. i wouldnt be really fussy on where and when,its more the price.

any recommended websites and how do i deal with the site asking for specific dates of travel and destination?
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 9th Apr 18, 12:02 AM
    • 8,885 Posts
    • 9,247 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 9th Apr 18, 12:02 AM
    • 9th Apr 18, 12:02 AM
    Ahem:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3408003#1
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 9th Apr 18, 11:08 AM
    • 5,170 Posts
    • 3,731 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    • 9th Apr 18, 11:08 AM
    • 9th Apr 18, 11:08 AM
    This board is just for posting deals, moving to correct forum

Hi, we move threads if we think they!!!8217;ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 9th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    • 60,841 Posts
    • 43,411 Thanks
    soolin
    • 9th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    Holidaypirates is another good one, but like all third party sites do your own research about the recommendations before you book anything.

However, I prefer to travel independently (and yes I have a lot of holidays) so have signed up to the airline sites I tend to book from and wait for cheap airline deals which I can use with my own hotel bookings.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 9th Apr 18, 1:37 PM
    • 20,710 Posts
    • 55,739 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 9th Apr 18, 1:37 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 1:37 PM
    I hear all these people going on 2 holidays a month who just keep saying "oh i just keep browsing online". they drive me nuts. i would love to find out how/where to get these great bargains. i wouldnt be really fussy on where and when,its more the price.

any recommended websites and how do i deal with the site asking for specific dates of travel and destination?
    Originally posted by thegirlsmum
    Why not ask the people what websites they used to get the great deal?
    • richardw
    • By richardw 9th Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    • 18,765 Posts
    • 7,874 Thanks
    richardw
    • 9th Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    If you can go on holiday in mid-May, avoiding the bank holidays, this year then keep your eyes open for cheap fares because there is over supply of flights and not enough demand at this time. The airlines yield management software should be reducing prices about now or in the next several days. Use Skyscanners everywhere as a destination and pick the whole month of May for departure and return. Book direct with the airline, avoid those agents promoted.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • knightstyle
    • By knightstyle 9th Apr 18, 6:12 PM
    • 4,815 Posts
    • 1,793 Thanks
    knightstyle
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:12 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:12 PM
    We have found some good deals using the big operators last minute deals. But check the weather and go out of normal school holidays.
    Plus look at Jack's Flight Club for some great flight deals but you need to be quick on there to book them.
    • ohreally
    • By ohreally 9th Apr 18, 6:14 PM
    • 6,757 Posts
    • 5,288 Thanks
    ohreally
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:14 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:14 PM
    i would love to find out how/where to get these great bargains.
    Originally posted by thegirlsmum
    Ask them!..
    Donít be a canít, be a can.
    • Neil49
    • By Neil49 9th Apr 18, 8:30 PM
    • 1,344 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    Neil49
    • 9th Apr 18, 8:30 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 8:30 PM
    Take a look on the Hot UK Deals website - Holidays and Leisure section

https://www.hotukdeals.com

Example

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/7-night-package-holiday-to-calan-forcat-in-menorca-for-2-adults2children-incl-flights-luggage-hotel-and-airport-transfers-124pp-tui-total-price-494-2923287
    • DUKE
    • By DUKE 10th Apr 18, 1:37 PM
    • 7,127 Posts
    • 315,198 Thanks
    DUKE

I too second Holiday Pirates, & HotUKDeals.

Holiday Hypermarket.
    Thanks everyone!
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 10th Apr 18, 1:41 PM
    • 695 Posts
    • 545 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    In addition to the previously mentioned websites, I also use:

Head For Points - for any airmile promotions e.g. it's alerted me to offers on Virgin Flying Club miles to get 2x upper class tickets for this November coming!

Secret Flying - This got me £250pp flights from Manchester to Houston with Singapore Airlines (they're awesome!)
    • AubreyMac
    • By AubreyMac 10th Apr 18, 2:47 PM
    • 1,435 Posts
    • 3,184 Thanks
    AubreyMac
    I've made a thread on this before but whenever I've done research, I tend to find that buying flights and hotel together on expedia seems to be the cheapest. I have been warned that when/if things go wrong, expedia can be terrible but fingers crossed its not happened yet.

I have tried all the usual tricks when researching - flights and hotel separately, directly with the airline and hotel etc but do find that it's cheaper booked together via expedia plus with the added bonus of nectar points.

For me, holidaying is pricey because I just can not do basic accommodation. I prefer en-suite hotel rooms that are a minimum 4 star and in the town centre, I have to pay for the convenience and luxury. Those I know who travel a lot are able to do so due to staying in hostels or travelling with a partner/friend.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,153Users online

Martin's Twitter