Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    • By Grey's_Anatomyfan643 8th Apr 18, 6:15 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 19Thanks
    Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    Universal Credit payment help
    • 8th Apr 18, 6:15 PM
    Universal Credit payment help 8th Apr 18 at 6:15 PM
    Evening,

Just need some advice, on Monday (April 2) I reported my rent changes when housing association rents changed, but when I reported it on my Full Universal Credit account, I put I pay my rent monthly instead of weekly as I wasn't paying much attention. On Thursday (5 April) I got my statement for my payment and I made a shock discovery as I found out they only paid me 70.12 as this is what it states (You said that your rent is 75.79 per month, and you pay 3.48 in service charges each month) - See I made a mistake by putting month, so I made a new report changes on the 5th and I put weekly on the new one, I also made a few notes on my journal and this is what an adverser replied to me.

Hi Shaun

I have just sent the form off to re verify the changes to your housing costs. Once this is done your housing entitlement will amended.

Regards
    Rebecca

All I am asking is, how long does it take to be amended as I am due to be paid on the 11th and I also need to pay my rent as well.

Any advice would be great, thanks
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 8th Apr 18, 6:58 PM
    • 2,414 Posts
    • 2,381 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 8th Apr 18, 6:58 PM
    • 8th Apr 18, 6:58 PM
    Evening,

Just need some advice, on Monday (April 2) I reported my rent changes when housing association rents changed, but when I reported it on my Full Universal Credit account, I put I pay my rent monthly instead of weekly as I wasn't paying much attention. On Thursday (5 April) I got my statement for my payment and I made a shock discovery as I found out they only paid me 70.12 as this is what it states (You said that your rent is 75.79 per month, and you pay 3.48 in service charges each month) - See I made a mistake by putting month, so I made a new report changes on the 5th and I put weekly on the new one, I also made a few notes on my journal and this is what an adverser replied to me.

Hi Shaun

I have just sent the form off to re verify the changes to your housing costs. Once this is done your housing entitlement will amended.

Regards
    Rebecca

All I am asking is, how long does it take to be amended as I am due to be paid on the 11th and I also need to pay my rent as well.

Any advice would be great, thanks
    Originally posted by Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    It depends when you reported the error. As the 11th is just a few days away, if you didn't report this until a few days ago you may have to wait until next month. You can always ring them and ask as we would only be guessing to the length of time here.
    • Ames
    • By Ames 8th Apr 18, 6:59 PM
    • 17,138 Posts
    • 30,122 Thanks
    Ames
    • 8th Apr 18, 6:59 PM
    • 8th Apr 18, 6:59 PM
    I can't answer your actual question, but I think you should contact your HA and ask if you can pay a bit less this month. Pay the absolute most you can manage, but if you're not going to be able to pay the whole amount it's better to speak to them beforehand.

If you can do it in person and show the response from UC to say that it's being dealt with then hopefully they'll be lenient.

Also - check your tenancy agreement. It could be that although you pay it monthly, your agreement shows you need to pay it weekly or fortnightly. If that's the case then you might not end up in arrears at all. Again though, speak to them so they know what's happening.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
    • Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    • By Grey's_Anatomyfan643 8th Apr 18, 7:02 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    • 8th Apr 18, 7:02 PM
    • 8th Apr 18, 7:02 PM
    It depends when you reported the error. As the 11th is just a few days away, if you didn't report this until a few days ago you may have to wait until next month. You can always ring them and ask as we would only be guessing to the length of time here.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    I reported the error on the same day as I got my statement on the 5th.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 8th Apr 18, 7:07 PM
    • 2,414 Posts
    • 2,381 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 8th Apr 18, 7:07 PM
    • 8th Apr 18, 7:07 PM
    I reported the error on the same day as I got my statement on the 5th.
    I would do as Alice suggested because it just may not be sorted out in time for this months payment.
    • huckster
    • By huckster 8th Apr 18, 7:54 PM
    • 3,103 Posts
    • 1,314 Thanks
    huckster
    • 8th Apr 18, 7:54 PM
    • 8th Apr 18, 7:54 PM
    Give UC a call and explain the error. This can be sorted out quite quickly, with any underpayment of rent paid as a faster payment.

With the rent rises, if the increase is less than about 4.50 a week, then the rent can be automatically verified without need to contact the landlord for information. If you entered it monthly rather than weekly, then UC will have automatically paid the reduced amount, as it was auto accepted. Hence why you need to phone UC, explain the error and someone will get it corrected.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
    • Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    • By Grey's_Anatomyfan643 8th Apr 18, 8:38 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    • 8th Apr 18, 8:38 PM
    • 8th Apr 18, 8:38 PM
    Give UC a call and explain the error. This can be sorted out quite quickly, with any underpayment of rent paid as a faster payment.

With the rent rises, if the increase is less than about 4.50 a week, then the rent can be automatically verified without need to contact the landlord for information. If you entered it monthly rather than weekly, then UC will have automatically paid the reduced amount, as it was auto accepted. Hence why you need to phone UC, explain the error and someone will get it corrected.
    Originally posted by huckster
    Thank you, I will ring first thing at 8am when it opens tomorrow morning!
    • jobseeking help
    • By jobseeking help 9th Apr 18, 11:15 AM
    • 171 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    jobseeking help
    • 9th Apr 18, 11:15 AM
    • 9th Apr 18, 11:15 AM
    With any UC FS payment query I would liaise directly with my Case Manager at the Service Centre via the journal in my UC a/c, I wouldn't phone the service centre as you get to speak a telephony agent and I wouldn't guarantee they know what they're talking about.
    • Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    • By Grey's_Anatomyfan643 10th Apr 18, 7:04 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:04 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:04 PM
    Update: My landlord (Calico) has phoned me today to say that they sent the SRS verification back to Universal Credit yesterday (April 9) at 10am but I have left notes on my Journal but no one is contacting me regarding this and my rent is due tomorrow and 70.10 is not enough, any idea how long is it going to take for Universal Credit to pay me the rest of my housing entitlement, or do I need to wait until next month now? I am so worried!
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 10th Apr 18, 7:31 PM
    • 2,414 Posts
    • 2,381 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Update: My landlord (Calico) has phoned me today to say that they sent the SRS verification back to Universal Credit yesterday (April 9) at 10am but I have left notes on my Journal but no one is contacting me regarding this and my rent is due tomorrow and 70.10 is not enough, any idea how long is it going to take for Universal Credit to pay me the rest of my housing entitlement, or do I need to wait until next month now? I am so worried!
    Did you ring UC as advised?
    • Ames
    • By Ames 10th Apr 18, 8:03 PM
    • 17,138 Posts
    • 30,122 Thanks
    Ames
    Did you explain to your landlord that you wouldn't be able to pay all the rent this month?
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
    • Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    • By Grey's_Anatomyfan643 11th Apr 18, 11:35 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    Hi,

I phoned UC up about 8.30am this morning and the lady who I spoken to, she told me that it's underpayment I will get and she marked it down as urgent, does anyone have any idea how roughly it's going to take to get my remaining housing entitlement if she has marked it as urgent?
    • Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    • By Grey's_Anatomyfan643 11th Apr 18, 11:36 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    Did you explain to your landlord that you wouldn't be able to pay all the rent this month?
    Originally posted by Ames
    Hi, I have informed Calico of the situation and they told me to keep contact UC and also keep them updated.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 11th Apr 18, 1:00 PM
    • 4,499 Posts
    • 3,391 Thanks
    sheramber
    Hi,

I phoned UC up about 8.30am this morning and the lady who I spoken to, she told me that it's underpayment I will get and she marked it down as urgent, does anyone have any idea how roughly it's going to take to get my remaining housing entitlement if she has marked it as urgent?
    Did you ask the lady you spoke how long it would take? She is more likely to know than anybody.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 11th Apr 18, 1:00 PM
    • 2,414 Posts
    • 2,381 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Hi,

As you rang them this morning, you could have asked that question. I know i would have.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

382Posts Today

4,638Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin