Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DanielDeronda
    • By DanielDeronda 8th Apr 18, 1:51 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 2Thanks
    DanielDeronda
    Claiming travelling expenses when attending an interview whilst unemployed
    • 8th Apr 18, 1:51 PM
    Claiming travelling expenses when attending an interview whilst unemployed 8th Apr 18 at 1:51 PM
    I am currently claiming new style JSA & have had a few interviews that have meant Ice had to take a train or a taxi from the station to reach the office of the company.
    During previous claims, there was the travel to interview scheme, but I couldn't find anything on gov.uk website.
    What schemes, if any, exist currently to offer support for travelling to interviews?
Page 2
    • Tallaght
    • By Tallaght 10th Apr 18, 6:36 PM
    • 677 Posts
    • 543 Thanks
    Tallaght
    Where do you get a bus pass for free?
    What if the interview (or your home) is not on a bus route?
    Originally posted by lisyloo
    He has a disabled rail card so he should be able to get a bus pass due to disabled if he takes a covering letter to the local council who will issue a subsidised bus pass.A lot are free after 9-30AM and free all weekends.
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 10th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,438 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    He has a disabled rail card so he should be able to get a bus pass due to disabled if he takes a covering letter to the local council who will issue a subsidised bus pass.A lot are free after 9-30AM and free all weekends.
    Originally posted by Tallaght
    The criteria for a free bus pass is entirely different (and far stricter) than that for a disabled railcard.

Please check your information before making misleading posts.
    • venison
    • By venison 10th Apr 18, 7:53 PM
    • 2,435 Posts
    • 2,725 Thanks
    venison
    OP I hope you have had all the answers you need, for obvious reasons I am going to close this thread.
    However if you still need more info please PM me and I will re-open it.
    Former Board Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,037Posts Today

6,900Users online

Martin's Twitter