Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MXW
    • By MXW 8th Apr 18, 1:45 PM
    • 510Posts
    • 228Thanks
    MXW
    Birthday gift
    • 8th Apr 18, 1:45 PM
    Birthday gift 8th Apr 18 at 1:45 PM
    Is it ok for your partner/boyfriend to tell you to go and buy yourself something for your birthday and they'll give you the money for it?

This has just happened to me and I'm a bit upset by it as it's seems a bit impersonal, but I don't know if I'm overreacting.

Thanks
Page 3
    • clairec79
    • By clairec79 9th Apr 18, 10:53 PM
    • 2,407 Posts
    • 6,345 Thanks
    clairec79
    How about giving him a list of things you would like (can even go to the extent of emailing him the links) and then he can pick out of them?

Or suggest a day/night out as your gift and he can organise it - my husband's christmas gift isn't until September because thats when the band he likes are playing locally. Could be a date night for both of you or if it's something you like and he dislikes then go with a friend
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,022Posts Today

6,989Users online

Martin's Twitter