Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CANARY1996
    • By CANARY1996 8th Apr 18, 9:54 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CANARY1996
    0 WOW
    Scared I won't fit in plane seat
    • 8th Apr 18, 9:54 AM
    0 WOW
    Scared I won't fit in plane seat 8th Apr 18 at 9:54 AM
    Hello.

I am a size 24 top. Size 26 bottoms (uk sizing). About 300lb. I am losing weight but I have run out of time before a few plane trips. I don't want to miss out of such fantastic opportunities but I am having panic attacks over not being able to fit in the seat at all and being kicked off the flight altogether.

The link below is to some pictures of me (as everyone carries weight differently.) Has anyone got any comforting words or stories?
Page 2
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 9th Apr 18, 8:07 PM
    • 4,303 Posts
    • 2,432 Thanks
    Lorian
    I fly a lot.

I have one tip (even though it looks like 4):
    • Don't book a window seat - that window is next to a solid, unyielding wall.
    • Don't book a middle seat - any incursion into other's space happens on both sides of you then.
    • Don't book an emergency exit row seat - it could be embarrassing when you ask for a seatbelt extension and find you then have to swap with someone in another row due to policy.
    • Book an isle seat - it gives you a little more space - just watch out for the drinks trolly.
    • newuser86
    • By newuser86 9th Apr 18, 8:35 PM
    • 207 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    newuser86
    The poster is obviously a joker posting a picture of someone else. Posted it on a number of other websites and not been seen since the original post.
    • budgetflyer
    • By budgetflyer 10th Apr 18, 5:50 AM
    • 5,683 Posts
    • 3,633 Thanks
    budgetflyer
    However, look how much usefully info has emerged. Many people may benefit.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 10th Apr 18, 7:03 AM
    • 19,658 Posts
    • 52,491 Thanks
    Pollycat
    The poster is obviously a joker posting a picture of someone else. Posted it on a number of other websites and not been seen since the original post.
    Originally posted by newuser86
    How do you know the photos (which I've not viewed) are not of the OP?
    • Westin
    • By Westin 10th Apr 18, 7:51 AM
    • 1,292 Posts
    • 955 Thanks
    Westin
    When I looked last night the photo on the link had been removed/taken down.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 10th Apr 18, 8:13 AM
    • 19,658 Posts
    • 52,491 Thanks
    Pollycat
    If it is true that the photos are not of the OP, maybe the OP has posted the photos of someone they wish to humiliate in some sort of fat-shaming.

And that really wouldn't be a nice thing to do.
    I certainly wouldn't consider it a joke.
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 10th Apr 18, 8:21 AM
    • 2,149 Posts
    • 3,513 Thanks
    k3lvc
    I fly a lot.
    • Don't book a window seat - that window is next to a solid, unyielding wall.
    Originally posted by Lorian

You must fly on different planes than the 'a lot' that I fly on. I'm on the larger side and find that the window seat allows 'overspill' as plane walls aren't straight

Better alternative are private jet or become a pilot
    • halogen
    • By halogen 10th Apr 18, 10:38 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    halogen
    I'm size 32-34. 162kg. I'm fine on easyjet with a seatbelt extenstion. Car hire is more of an issue.
    Don't worry about it and enjoy your holiday
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,472Posts Today

8,244Users online

Martin's Twitter