Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • El Debster
    • By El Debster 7th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 87Thanks
    El Debster
    EON Website not working for weeks
    • 7th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    EON Website not working for weeks 7th Apr 18 at 4:57 PM
    I have been trying for three weeks to get online at EON. I don't think the website was ever very good but I switched to EON as this site recommended it as a good deal. However I am unable to get through to the company online as the chat facility is not working, the phonelines are useless and repeated attempts to log on have given me the message that the site is 'just having a few technical hitches' and 'we should be back online very soon'. Neither of these being the case.
    Infuriatingly the contact numbers page says:
    'We're really sorry, our contact centres are currently getting a lot more calls than usual. This means that if you call, you could be waiting a long time to speak to someone, so please try to manage your account online or check out our help and support.'
    So I am just going round in circles.
    How do I submit a meter reading with this kind of service?
Page 1
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 7th Apr 18, 5:41 PM
    • 782 Posts
    • 458 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 7th Apr 18, 5:41 PM
    • 7th Apr 18, 5:41 PM
    The E.ON reps on this forum (Malc and Helena) are quite useful, and were able to help me out with login issues in the past.

They are only on during office hours though, so you might need to bump this thread Monday morning to get the attention of one of them.

Regarding the website, It's working for me at the moment. The site does have limited functionality (and the mobile app can't be logged into) until the first bill has been raised, in my case it was a month after switch. The live chat rarely seems to work for me, but you should be able to submit readings here
    https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/your-account/meter-readings
    • El Debster
    • By El Debster 7th Apr 18, 5:47 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    El Debster
    • 7th Apr 18, 5:47 PM
    • 7th Apr 18, 5:47 PM
    Thanks but I have been with EON since last september and have submitted readings before. I can't use the link you have posted because I can't login to my account. Everytime I try to log into my account it gives me a message saying site isn;t working and I have tried changing my password a number of times! I don't use mobile apps for anything financial.
    I will just have to wait until Monday and hope to get one of the reps. Cheers D
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:43 PM
    E.ON Website
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:43 PM
    I have been trying for three weeks to get online at EON. I don't think the website was ever very good but I switched to EON as this site recommended it as a good deal. However I am unable to get through to the company online as the chat facility is not working, the phonelines are useless and repeated attempts to log on have given me the message that the site is 'just having a few technical hitches' and 'we should be back online very soon'. Neither of these being the case.
    Infuriatingly the contact numbers page says:
    'We're really sorry, our contact centres are currently getting a lot more calls than usual. This means that if you call, you could be waiting a long time to speak to someone, so please try to manage your account online or check out our help and support.'
    So I am just going round in circles.
    How do I submit a meter reading with this kind of service?
    Originally posted by El Debster
    Thanks but I have been with EON since last september and have submitted readings before. I can't use the link you have posted because I can't login to my account. Everytime I try to log into my account it gives me a message saying site isn;t working and I have tried changing my password a number of times! I don't use mobile apps for anything financial.
    I will just have to wait until Monday and hope to get one of the reps. Cheers D
    Hello El Debster and I'm sorry you've been struggling to talk to us.

You're right. Response times through all our channels haven't been up to scratch recently. The bad weather last month caused us to close some of our offices. Added to this, we've had several serious system issues. All this caused major backlogs. At the time, we put in place a Service Recovery plan that, I'm pleased to say, is now beginning to see success.

Wait times for our Live Chat advisors are back to what they should be (they're available as we speak) and our social media channels - twitter/Facebook - are back to a response time of just over 2 hours during office hours (8am to 8pm weekdays). This includes the private messaging services. Phone wait times are much better and we're hoping to remove the long wait messages on our website and phone lines by the end of this week. Not fully out of the woods as emails and complaints continue to work through backlogs.

Our website is now working as it should. Have you been with us before and had an online account at the time? It could be an old account linked to your address is causing the problem. If this is the case, I'd suggest cancelling all registrations including the latest one and re-registering. Also, try clearing the cookies in your browser.

Hope this helps. Let me know how you go on.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:07 PM
    E.ON Website
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:07 PM
    The E.ON reps on this forum (Malc and Helena) are quite useful, and were able to help me out with login issues in the past.

They are only on during office hours though, so you might need to bump this thread Monday morning to get the attention of one of them.

Regarding the website, It's working for me at the moment. The site does have limited functionality (and the mobile app can't be logged into) until the first bill has been raised, in my case it was a month after switch. The live chat rarely seems to work for me, but you should be able to submit readings here
    https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/your-account/meter-readings
    Originally posted by Raxiel
    Thanks Raxiel. Our website and Live Chat service are working okay now following the issues I mentioned above. Still the same with the App though. As you say, this can't be used until after the first bill. App issues are something Helena has been talking to our IT guys about for quite a time. She'll let everyone know when there are positive changes around this. Thank you for your patience.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • El Debster
    • By El Debster 11th Apr 18, 2:25 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    El Debster
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:25 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:25 PM
    Hi
    I have just tried to login by resetting my password. I followed all the instructions and got to the password change page. When I clicked on the link that says change password and login this is what I get:

Sorry
    Sorry, we!!!8217;re just having a few technical hitches
    Our website is not working at the moment but we!!!8217;re doing our best to sort it out and we should be back online very soon, so please try again later.
    Here are some emergency numbers if you need them:
    Top Up
    If you need to top up your Smart Pay As You Go meter, or have been disconnected call us on 0800 015 6368
    Power Cut?
    Call 105 open 24/7
    Smell Gas?
    Call 0800 111 999 open 24/7.

Secondly there are no clear instructions on how I cancel my registration and re-register? though how that would make a difference I don't know. I had been using the site perfectly well up until two months ago. I may have been with EON before but that was some years ago and at a different address so why would that cause confusion now? You website is still saying that there are long waiting time for calls and to use online. BUT I CAN'T GET ONLINE!! Please note I have already paid 2 EON bills since I joined and you are still taking my direct debits. Also I do not use apps, they are unsafe and easily hacked and given the problems with your website at the moment I am afraid I would not trust your apps.
    • El Debster
    • By El Debster 11th Apr 18, 2:27 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    El Debster
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:27 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:27 PM
    Also just another point the link that Raziel posted isn't working for me. It goes straight to the 'Sorry, technical hitches' page.
    • El Debster
    • By El Debster 11th Apr 18, 2:47 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    El Debster
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:47 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:47 PM
    So, I cleared all my caches, browsing history etc. just to make sure this wasn't causing a problem then tried to login using my new password (just reset it) and my e-mail address. Didn't recognise my details. So I tried again using the user name I had just been sent by EON. So I login using new password and username and get this:
    YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED.

What is going on? This is an appalling service. I am now trying to call EON on the number recommended.
    • 12th Apr 18, 3:30 PM
    E.ON Website
    • 12th Apr 18, 3:30 PM
    Hi
    I have just tried to login by resetting my password. I followed all the instructions and got to the password change page. When I clicked on the link that says change password and login this is what I get:

Sorry
    Sorry, we!!!8217;re just having a few technical hitches
    Our website is not working at the moment but we!!!8217;re doing our best to sort it out and we should be back online very soon, so please try again later.
    Here are some emergency numbers if you need them:
    Top Up
    If you need to top up your Smart Pay As You Go meter, or have been disconnected call us on 0800 015 6368
    Power Cut?
    Call 105 open 24/7
    Smell Gas?
    Call 0800 111 999 open 24/7.

Secondly there are no clear instructions on how I cancel my registration and re-register? though how that would make a difference I don't know. I had been using the site perfectly well up until two months ago. I may have been with EON before but that was some years ago and at a different address so why would that cause confusion now? You website is still saying that there are long waiting time for calls and to use online. BUT I CAN'T GET ONLINE!! Please note I have already paid 2 EON bills since I joined and you are still taking my direct debits. Also I do not use apps, they are unsafe and easily hacked and given the problems with your website at the moment I am afraid I would not trust your apps.
    Also just another point the link that Raziel posted isn't working for me. It goes straight to the 'Sorry, technical hitches' page.
    So, I cleared all my caches, browsing history etc. just to make sure this wasn't causing a problem then tried to login using my new password (just reset it) and my e-mail address. Didn't recognise my details. So I tried again using the user name I had just been sent by EON. So I login using new password and username and get this:
    YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED.

What is going on? This is an appalling service. I am now trying to call EON on the number recommended.
    Hello El Debster and I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time logging in to your online account. How did you go on when you phoned us last night?

Just a thought but, if you had an online registration for a previous account that used the same email address as now, youll need to use the same password too. If you've changed the password, our system can't distinguish which account to log in to.

Anyone here can cancel registrations. If it's not already sorted please drop an email to the address in my Profile and I'll be happy to do this for you. If you can include details of the current and any past accounts as well as account numbers, addresses and your date of birth it will help me sort this. Thanks El Debster.

Malc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,048Users online

Martin's Twitter