Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lulu984
    • By lulu984 6th Apr 18, 6:41 PM
    • 392Posts
    • 1,897Thanks
    lulu984
    0 WOW
    USA Road trip HELP! Nashville to Texas?!
    • 6th Apr 18, 6:41 PM
    0 WOW
    USA Road trip HELP! Nashville to Texas?! 6th Apr 18 at 6:41 PM
    Hi,
    I am trying to book a surprise holiday and I am sooooo lost and confused (it doesn't take much!)

I just want the best price for flights, accommodation and car hire. I defo want to include Nashville and Texas for two weeks.

I don't mind want else I can fit in in between times. I've been given a quote for a package deal - but want to see if I can find it for a better price.

I'm looking to go towards the end of the year, but no set dates. Quite flexible.

Where do I start?! Any tips?
Page 2
    • Toucan_toucan
    • By Toucan_toucan 11th Apr 18, 2:05 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Toucan_toucan
    We did this trip a few years ago...

Memphis>Vicksburg>Natchez>New Orleans>Great Smokey Mountains (Gatlinburg)>Nashville>Memphis

In Memphis we did Sun Studios, Gibson factory, Graceland, Rock N Soul museum, Civil Rights museum - all excellent.

The country music hall of fame in Nashville is very good.

We did Civil War stuff in Vicksburg & Natchez, foody/history stuff in New Orleans, nature in Gt Smoky Mountains...

I think we did this in 2 weeks, and then flew to Dallas for a few days for the Texas State Fair. There were a couple of days of long drives but nothing too onerous (my husband doesn't drive, so I did it all).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,408Posts Today

7,064Users online

Martin's Twitter