Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • softmind82
    • By softmind82 6th Apr 18, 5:48 PM
    • 145Posts
    • 7Thanks
    softmind82
    Housing benefits UNDER CAUTION LETTER
    • 6th Apr 18, 5:48 PM
    Housing benefits UNDER CAUTION LETTER 6th Apr 18 at 5:48 PM
    I received a letter from dwp to attend a interview regarding housing benefit capital/ savings.

Can someone please advice what kind of question they might may ask. I have capital around 7k into my account and pay around £700 into my credit cards each month other than bills etc and earns £480 a month.

Also few days ago made council aware I started receiving carer allowance for my child and asked them to recalculate my benefit.

Is someone gone through this situation please comment, Iím really worried.

Please advice.
Page 3
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 9th Apr 18, 2:35 PM
    • 5,499 Posts
    • 11,458 Thanks
    marliepanda
    Thanks NYM and bspm for your your support here today! I really have no idea how Wizardy can report me because i actually have this poster on ignore and have done since i was last attacked by him!! I thought if you have a person on ignore they also can't see what you're posting? Can someone please correct me if i'm wrong?

This poster clearly doesn't like me and i also think they're either a friend of Aaronlowe and Andy's or one of their "troll" gang. If he wasn't on my ignore list i'd go ahead and report him too, sadly that's not possible unless i remove him from my list..... Not likely!
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    I'm fairly certain you ignoring people means you cant see them but they can see you.

Otherwise I could, for example, ignore you and then run about telling everyone how you post contradictory nonsense and have lots of puppet accounts to back you up! Itd be sad if you couldnt see what I was saying.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 9th Apr 18, 2:39 PM
    • 2,435 Posts
    • 2,399 Thanks
    poppy12345
    I'm fairly certain you ignoring people means you cant see them but they can see you.

Otherwise I could, for example, ignore you and then run about telling everyone how you post contradictory nonsense and have lots of puppet accounts to back you up! Itd be sad if you couldnt see what I was saying.
    Originally posted by marliepanda
    Thanks. Then he clearly needs to put me on his ignore list or as he keeps telling me to move on and ignore what he doesn't like.
    • Tommo1980
    • By Tommo1980 9th Apr 18, 2:43 PM
    • 363 Posts
    • 575 Thanks
    Tommo1980
    I too have the fool on my ignore list

Unlike Andy, he posts his tripe across a number of MSE forums so is somewhat harder to avoid.
    • bspm1
    • By bspm1 9th Apr 18, 4:51 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    bspm1

Originally posted by marliepanda
    Well I think if you put someone on ignore you cannot see what they type and they cannot see what you type unless someone copies your post and then the ignored person can see it?

But actually just because you have ignored one poster they could pop up with one of their other names and read your post.

Like I said, confusing.
    • bspm1
    • By bspm1 9th Apr 18, 4:56 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    bspm1
    Ignoring all the rubbish which is currently being spouted in this thread, if somebody has an entitlement to a non Income Related benefit there is no reason for them not claim it irrespective of what other money they have.
    Originally posted by TELLIT01
    Agree. Very difficult to ignore all the rubbish though isn't it when genuine posters are asking for help and are being ill advised.

Goes without saying though that uncalled for posts will creep in.
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 9th Apr 18, 5:10 PM
    • 11,419 Posts
    • 13,299 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    I am so sick of all this.

Trying to help posters is becoming so difficult.

Threads are being derailed and misinformation being given.

Please can the board guide swiftly close threads once the poster has all the information they need?
    • venison
    • By venison 9th Apr 18, 8:29 PM
    • 1,941 Posts
    • 2,075 Thanks
    venison
    I am so sick of all this.

Trying to help posters is becoming so difficult.

Threads are being derailed and misinformation being given.

Please can the board guide swiftly close threads once the poster has all the information they need?
    Originally posted by pmlindyloo
    I agree 100% it would seem to be the answer to the "problems" this forum has atm.
    I hope you don't mind me starting with this one.:
    I am a BG on loans,credit cards and benefits I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly". Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

822Posts Today

6,257Users online

Martin's Twitter