Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beeef
    • By beeef 6th Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    beeef
    Diplomat oven not heating
    • 6th Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    Diplomat oven not heating 6th Apr 18 at 1:44 PM
    There was a powercut in my flat and since then I am unable to get the oven to turn on.

It is an old Diplomat Select 610 with an analog clock. The clock is ticking and the oven doesnt sound like it is not working however, when I turn the temperature nob the light does not turn on and ultimately it does not heat up.

I have read about setting the time to 9 o clock however it still isn't working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Page 1
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 6th Apr 18, 1:49 PM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 2,211 Thanks
    EssexExile
    • 6th Apr 18, 1:49 PM
    • 6th Apr 18, 1:49 PM
    Has it gone to auto mode? If so, press the manual button..
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • beeef
    • By beeef 6th Apr 18, 1:53 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    beeef
    • 6th Apr 18, 1:53 PM
    • 6th Apr 18, 1:53 PM
    Has it gone to auto mode? If so, press the manual button..
    Originally posted by EssexExile
    Maybe, how do I do this? There are no buttons, just a temperature dial. On the clock there is a top dial (doesnt seem to move anything, and a bottom dial where I can set the timer and the time)

Thanks
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 6th Apr 18, 2:12 PM
    • 3,300 Posts
    • 2,237 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 6th Apr 18, 2:12 PM
    • 6th Apr 18, 2:12 PM
    Taken from a question on a tech site about a diplomat 610: -
    It sounds as if you have set the auto cook mode.
    Looking at the clock, there will be a symbol that should be a hand or it may say "MAN" for manual.
    If it says AUTO, you need to change this back to Manual
    • beeef
    • By beeef 6th Apr 18, 2:31 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    beeef
    • 6th Apr 18, 2:31 PM
    • 6th Apr 18, 2:31 PM
    There is a hand symbol showing so I think it is in manual mode.
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 6th Apr 18, 2:39 PM
    • 64,710 Posts
    • 379,723 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    • 6th Apr 18, 2:39 PM
    • 6th Apr 18, 2:39 PM
    My mum used to struggle with our oven at times, turning the clock hands round aimlessly because she never understood how the timer worked and was turning the hands hoping it'd come off the "off" mode.... her just twiddling it round used to make it work as I never was aware of any time when the oven completely stopped working.

Maybe the power cut was just poorly timed for some "stop" time to occur, which was previously at a time in the dead of night where it'd not affected you before.

I'd give those clock hands another big twiddling.... it can't hurt.
    • beeef
    • By beeef 6th Apr 18, 4:41 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    beeef
    • 6th Apr 18, 4:41 PM
    • 6th Apr 18, 4:41 PM
    Does anyone have any idea what the top dial on the clock would be for?

The bottom one moves the time and the timer. The top doesn't seem to change anything?

Thanks
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 6th Apr 18, 5:18 PM
    • 3,300 Posts
    • 2,237 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 6th Apr 18, 5:18 PM
    • 6th Apr 18, 5:18 PM
    I found another site that answered (partly) this query back in 2004. Seems it was an oven designed and manufactured for MFI. The oven type - despite it being a Diplomat Select 610 - is an AHY3600 or thereabouts. If you can find the exact model number on your oven, it will help with this link which is the manual and shows several different types. Hope it helps.
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 6th Apr 18, 5:36 PM
    • 3,144 Posts
    • 2,211 Thanks
    EssexExile
    • 6th Apr 18, 5:36 PM
    • 6th Apr 18, 5:36 PM
    Maybe, how do I do this? There are no buttons, just a temperature dial. On the clock there is a top dial (doesnt seem to move anything, and a bottom dial where I can set the timer and the time)

Thanks
    Originally posted by beeef
    I got my information from here:

https://manuall.co.uk/diplomat-select-610-oven/
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • beeef
    • By beeef 10th Apr 18, 10:20 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    beeef
    The strange thing is, we have the correct manual, it just doesn't seem to actually have our model in it. There is no diagram of a model with 1 single dial for temperature and the analogue clock on the right.

Microwave meals are getting limited!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,574Posts Today

8,360Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin