Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • snorters
    • By snorters 6th Apr 18, 10:58 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    snorters
    0 WOW
    Ryan Air: 2 x 12.99 = 25.99??
    • 6th Apr 18, 10:58 AM
    0 WOW
    Ryan Air: 2 x 12.99 = 25.99?? 6th Apr 18 at 10:58 AM
    Is anyone else getting the same problem?
    I recently booked two tickets with Ryan Air at 12.99 each and they charged me 25.99, not 25.98.
    Now I know it's only a penny but I have still been overcharged, what's more I've been overcharged by Ryan Air.
    At approximately 100m passengers a year this is a very lucrative steal.
Page 3
    • budgetflyer
    • By budgetflyer 8th Apr 18, 1:45 PM
    • 5,729 Posts
    • 3,684 Thanks
    budgetflyer
    I cant imagine any market traders being taken to court by trading standards for occasionally short changing anyone by a penny.
    Reason being, most normal people wouldn't care.
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 8th Apr 18, 7:22 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 677 Thanks
    Ganga
    OP, ignore the carping.

I think your posting can be taken more generally as a pointer to Ryanair morals or lack thereof. On experience of Ryanair to date, I personally would not at all put it past O'Leary and Co. to have thought this one up as a quick way of making another million out of their clientele.

Presumably the thought is: who's going to complain about a penny? We're safe.

Once again, multi-nationals get away with what your friendly neighbourhood market stall holder would be taken to court for.
    Originally posted by Charlton King
    If you hate Ryanair and their owner that much why do you still fly with them,vote with your feet and use some other company or you one of these people who twist all day but still realise that a cheap fare is still a cheap fare
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
    • Charlton King
    • By Charlton King 8th Apr 18, 8:05 PM
    • 1,578 Posts
    • 1,046 Thanks
    Charlton King
    If you hate Ryanair and their owner that much why do you still fly with them,vote with your feet and use some other company or you one of these people who twist all day but still realise that a cheap fare is still a cheap fare
    Originally posted by Ganga
    Well you may have the luxury of limitless cash but some of us have little choice BUT to take the cheapest on offer, almost regardless of whatever other considerations apply... so kindly resist the easy sarcasm. What I'm saying is that the matter raised by the OP is just another illustration, if any were needed, of Ryanair pursuing every half-legal method it can dream up to screw money out of people.

Whether this particular thing is 'systematic' is open to debate for the moment... but if the great travelling public were to be asked 'which airline do you think might be the first to go for a ploy like this?', I can sort of guess which one they'd plump for, can't you..?
    • Infidel
    • By Infidel 9th Apr 18, 3:33 PM
    • 1,211 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    Infidel
    In principal I'm with the OP on this one.

Back in the day I worked p/t for a big supermarket chain and noticed that my monthly wage was down 25p or so. Which I did complain about, but the majority of people probably wouldn't have noticed . . .it did get me wondering how much the company would be 'saving' if they did this to everyone.

Furthermore - you rich folks on here have probably never used the bus, but I can tell you that the drivers don't just wave you on if you're even just 1p short of your fare.
    Last edited by Infidel; 09-04-2018 at 3:36 PM.
    Instigated terrorism the road to dictatorship.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 9th Apr 18, 3:38 PM
    • 24,697 Posts
    • 64,516 Thanks
    pollypenny

Back in the day I worked p/t for a big supermarket chain and noticed that my monthly wage was down 25p or so. Which I did complain about, but the majority of people probably wouldn't have noticed . . .it did get me wondering how much the company would be 'saving' if they did this to everyone.

Furthermore - you rich folks on here have probably never used the bus, but I can tell you that the drivers don't just wave you on if you're even just 1p short of your fare.
    Originally posted by Infidel

However, it has been explained to the OP, umpteen times, that Ryan Air is based in Ireland, uses the Euro, so the price via currency exchange has been rounded up.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 9th Apr 18, 3:44 PM
    • 8,318 Posts
    • 10,670 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters

Originally posted by Infidel
    If three or four Ryanair flyers had come forward and posted a similar experience while this thread had been live I'd agree.

As it stands, it's an isolated case which suggests nothing deliberate is in place to harm passengers financially in this way.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 9th Apr 18, 3:58 PM
    • 3,493 Posts
    • 2,230 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Well you may have the luxury of limitless cash but some of us have little choice BUT to take the cheapest on offer, almost regardless of whatever other considerations apply.
    Originally posted by Charlton King
    You get what you pay for. We could get away on holidays more often if we stayed in cheaper hotels but we don't want to so we settle for fewer and better trips. At the end of the day it's a personal choice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,048Users online

Martin's Twitter