Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 6th Apr 18, 10:18 AM
    • 357Posts
    • 173Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    MSE News: Plusnet to increase broadband prices
    • 6th Apr 18, 10:18 AM
    MSE News: Plusnet to increase broadband prices 6th Apr 18 at 10:18 AM
    Plusnet has warned some customers it's raising broadband prices by £12 a year in June - and call costs will be going up too...
    Read the full story:
    'Plusnet to increase broadband prices'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 2
    • NittyGritty
    • By NittyGritty 9th Apr 18, 10:34 PM
    • 958 Posts
    • 295 Thanks
    NittyGritty
    received my notifaction by email this morning (9th april)

and have just signed up to now tv 38mb fibre deal £20 plus £70 cashback from quidco

all in all decent deal
    • Aletank
    • By Aletank 10th Apr 18, 10:09 AM
    • 543 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    Aletank
    received my notifaction by email this morning (9th april)

and have just signed up to now tv 38mb fibre deal £20 plus £70 cashback from quidco

all in all decent deal
    Originally posted by NittyGritty
    Did you phone them before switching ? Did they try & match your deal ?
    Not had my email yet.
    • pearl123
    • By pearl123 10th Apr 18, 11:27 AM
    • 1,435 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    pearl123
    No notification yet either.
    • NittyGritty
    • By NittyGritty 10th Apr 18, 1:08 PM
    • 958 Posts
    • 295 Thanks
    NittyGritty
    Did you phone them before switching ? Did they try & match your deal ?
    Not had my email yet.
    Originally posted by Aletank

yes you got to make sure you ring them and let them know your leaving due to price hikes, otherwise you may be charged termination charges, just tell them your leaving due to hike and to put a note on your account

yes I tried haggling best they would come up with for 38mb fibre was £21 they wouldn't match now tvs offer with cashback

so I declined and went with now tv 38mb fibre for £20 plus £70 cashback with quidco

also, don't attempt to leave until you receive your notification from plusnet, as soon as u get it you have 30 days to switch free of charge
    • bill888
    • By bill888 11th Apr 18, 10:38 AM
    • 129 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    bill888
    fwiw, Now 38mb Fab fibre only has £40 cashback with quidco. £70 cashback is reserved for 76mb Super Fibre.

Topecashback offering £65 cashback on Now 38mb Fab fibre.
    • Aletank
    • By Aletank 11th Apr 18, 2:13 PM
    • 543 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    Aletank
    Just had my email, I'm thinking of staying. With my Line Rental Saver it works out I'll be paying £23.49 a month with the increase.
    • NittyGritty
    • By NittyGritty 11th Apr 18, 4:06 PM
    • 958 Posts
    • 295 Thanks
    NittyGritty
    fwiw, Now 38mb Fab fibre only has £40 cashback with quidco. £70 cashback is reserved for 76mb Super Fibre.

Topecashback offering £65 cashback on Now 38mb Fab fibre.
    Originally posted by bill888

your wrong, its still £70 with quidco your looking at the 1 month contract fibre that's £40

the 12 month contract is £70

"for new customers taking a Fab Fibre with Entertainment Pass 12 month contract"
    Last edited by NittyGritty; 11-04-2018 at 4:12 PM.
    • oldagetraveller
    • By oldagetraveller 13th Apr 18, 1:39 PM
    • 3,153 Posts
    • 1,668 Thanks
    oldagetraveller
    Phoned yesterday, after receiving the price increase e-mail, told them I was thinking of leaving.
    Customer for 8 years.
    No incentives offered to stay, just a more or less that's o.k., I may leave without charges and receive a refund of unused line rental saver.
    So I've left.
    Did you hear about the politician who had a backside transplant? It rejected him.
    • ck12111
    • By ck12111 13th Apr 18, 9:02 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 809 Thanks
    ck12111
    Phoned yesterday, after receiving the price increase e-mail, told them I was thinking of leaving.
    Customer for 8 years.
    No incentives offered to stay, just a more or less that's o.k., I may leave without charges and receive a refund of unused line rental saver.
    So I've left.
    Originally posted by oldagetraveller
    Who and what deal are you switching to?
    • starM
    • By starM 13th Apr 18, 10:57 PM
    • 1,382 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    starM
    I am currently paying £30.33 for broadband and phone line (evening and weekend calls). I pay £1 for caller display which which will reduce to nil form June however price increase will be £1.

Also they will have changes to termination charges.

Do you think I can leave penalty free? I have got 8 months left on my contract.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 13th Apr 18, 11:23 PM
    • 3,544 Posts
    • 20,268 Thanks
    mije1983
    Do you think I can leave penalty free? I have got 8 months left on my contract.
    Originally posted by starM
    You will have to wait until you receive your notification of the increase, but I don't see any reason why you would be different to everyone else.

• pearl123
    • By pearl123 15th Apr 18, 6:41 PM
    • 1,435 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    pearl123
    You will have to wait until you receive your notification of the increase, but I don't see any reason why you would be different to everyone else.
    Originally posted by mije1983
    Still waiting for notification of price increase.
    Anyone else?
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 15th Apr 18, 7:53 PM
    • 3,544 Posts
    • 20,268 Thanks
    mije1983
    Still waiting for notification of price increase.
    Anyone else?
    Originally posted by pearl123
    They will do it in stages. If they sent them out all at once their call centres would be swamped and unable to cope. For example, when BT raised their prices a few months ago I didn't get the official notification until the beginning of December, which was almost a whole month after the rises had been announced.

Plusnet have to give you 30 day notice of the rise, so they have until the beginning of May to officially contact you. No need to worry just yet.

• starM
    • By starM 16th Apr 18, 9:36 AM
    • 1,382 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    starM
    Will there be a charge of 30 pounds when moving to New provider if they do not use a PUC code?
    • pearl123
    • By pearl123 16th Apr 18, 10:43 AM
    • 1,435 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    pearl123
    They will do it in stages. If they sent them out all at once their call centres would be swamped and unable to cope. For example, when BT raised their prices a few months ago I didn't get the official notification until the beginning of December, which was almost a whole month after the rises had been announced.

Plusnet have to give you 30 day notice of the rise, so they have until the beginning of May to officially contact you. No need to worry just yet.
    Originally posted by mije1983
    Thank you for explaining it so well.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 16th Apr 18, 8:25 PM
    • 3,544 Posts
    • 20,268 Thanks
    mije1983
    Will there be a charge of 30 pounds when moving to New provider if they do not use a PUC code?
    Originally posted by starM

If you mean MAC, then there hasn't been a requirement for that for a while. Switching is all gaining provider led now. But that isn't what activates the charge.

The £30 cessation charge that Plusnet levy is if you don't switch to another Openreach based ISP (like Virgin), or cancel the broadband completely. So if you move to Sky for example, then there is no charge anyway.

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/charges-for-removing-broadband/

• rhialwencomp
    • By rhialwencomp 19th Apr 18, 6:40 PM
    • 273 Posts
    • 10,872 Thanks
    rhialwencomp
    I'm very confused by the email I've just had.

The header states "your broadband just got cheaper" and it says we're now in a low cost area so our cost could go down by up to £7.50. "Up to" being horrible nonsense words of course.

It doesn't actually say anywhere how much it will go down by, just that it will go up by £1.

I'm not sure we're actually eligible for any discount anyway since it's a haggled contract.

I know only Plusnet can really answer the question of how much it'll cost in the end but it just seems not right that they can say I've got 30 days from the email to leave if I don't like it when they've not told me how much it's going to be. *sigh*. I don't want to leave over the £1, and it's not going to be more than that so I suppose it doesn't matter, but I hate this vagueness.
    • Tyler Durden UK
    • By Tyler Durden UK 24th Apr 18, 9:22 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Tyler Durden UK
    Got my email today, must admit I'm tempted by the quidco offer for BT @ £35 pm with a £120 reward card and £100 cashback.
    • Aletank
    • By Aletank 24th Apr 18, 9:27 PM
    • 543 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    Aletank
    Got my email today, must admit I'm tempted by the quidco offer for BT @ £35 pm with a £120 reward card and £100 cashback.
    Originally posted by Tyler Durden UK
    I didn't get my BT Quidco last time, Quidco made no effort to chase it up either. I've stopped using Quidco altogether now n use Top Cash Back but think twice about expecting it !
    I got the BT Reward Card OK though
    • Tyler Durden UK
    • By Tyler Durden UK 25th Apr 18, 1:27 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Tyler Durden UK
    I didn't get my BT Quidco last time, Quidco made no effort to chase it up either. I've stopped using Quidco altogether now n use Top Cash Back but think twice about expecting it !
    I got the BT Reward Card OK though
    Originally posted by Aletank
    Just checked my history and I've had BT payout on both QC and TCB over the last few years
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,499Posts Today

6,058Users online

Martin's Twitter