Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 6th Apr 18, 10:03 AM
    • 2,632Posts
    • 309Thanks
    britishboy
    Tesco's/Highview Parking PCN
    • 6th Apr 18, 10:03 AM
    Tesco's/Highview Parking PCN 6th Apr 18 at 10:03 AM
    Hi everyone
    I recieved a PCN from Highview Parking through this morning's post (6th April), dated 4th April for a parking offence on 21 Mar for overstaying in a local Tesco carpark, was in there for 3hr 41 minutes (basically my OH went to shop, bumped into an old work friend and ended up going for lunch)

Its 42 if paid in 14 days, or 70 after

There is a photo of our car driving in, and also leaving the car park. Can this be appealed or rejected by us? She's had an earfull from me about it already
Page 4
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Apr 18, 9:26 PM
    • 19,391 Posts
    • 30,634 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I love people like you Umkomaas
    Originally posted by britishboy
    That's what Mrs U says too. Well, not so much of the 'people like you' (hopefully!)

I'll show her this thread - could be on to a winner tonight!
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • DMorris
    • By DMorris 29th Jun 18, 4:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    DMorris
    right,I had the same I had a fine yes I did over park by 10 mins my bad, got chatting (bad me) , I sent a letter to the CEO, Dave Lewis, telling him this was a bad mistake as I spend a lot of money in there store and if I have to pay it they will lose my custom and I also mailed highways that I wasn't driving,( I wasn't so), I've had a letter back telling me highways have cancelled the fine, but the CEO told me he would wavier it this time, but they would be watching us for the next year, i'm sorry I will not be watched by a supermarket so today wrote a letter asking under GDPR to use my right to object, chapter 7 Article 21 says it needs to be lawful basis and in the public interest, well a parking ticket is not lawful, and i'm sure the public are not interested and they need to show me compelling legitimate grounds for processing this information that over ride my rights, interests and freedoms, now as I was not the driver they really can't hold it, I know I didn't pay the fine and "got off" but it's the principle now, had it been a hospital, doctors surgery, or something like they I wouldn't have thought anymore of it, but i'm sorry Tesco's i'm the customer (well was) and your out of line, so lets see how this goes down
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Jun 18, 5:00 PM
    • 61,501 Posts
    • 74,381 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well done for your stance!

They can't hold the data to 'watch' a car that you could have sold or could be driven by others. Unacceptable big brother, disproportionate data processing.

Next time you get one from Highview, please just send the appeal from the NEWBIES thread and they will always cancel.

And:

Do not reply if a poster with less than 1000 posts sends you a private message. People lurk and pop up and post on this forum with a dark agenda.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 29-06-2018 at 5:22 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 29th Jun 18, 5:07 PM
    • 8,436 Posts
    • 11,096 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Did not think that Dave Lewis was a predator ??

Tesco really do need to learn some manners, they have
    been pretty ignorant for a long time
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • ljsilver
    • By ljsilver 26th Jul 18, 10:16 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ljsilver
    Hello to one and all,

Not sure if I need to start a new thread for this ...

I'm in the same situation as britishboy, except, in their most recent letter Highview informed me that the time for appeal has expired and they've increased the fine.

I'd like to know if they actually send these to court and whether you guys know of anyone having debt collectors come knocking as a result of parking at Tesco?

I'm aware of the appeal letter you guys recommend sending, but as they're saying my appeal time has expired, I'm wondering if totally ignoring it is a good idea.

Edit: I also have a feeling that I've overstayed the 3hr limit on numerous occasions because my Tesco has a PureGym incorporated into it so I'm there all the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by ljsilver; 26-07-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    • Thorsson
    • By Thorsson 26th Jul 18, 10:30 AM
    • 146 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    Thorsson
    Hello to one and all,

Not sure if I need to start a new thread for this ...
    Originally posted by ljsilver
    Yes. One thread per case.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,269Posts Today

7,787Users online

Martin's Twitter