Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 6th Apr 18, 10:03 AM
    • 2,522Posts
    • 297Thanks
    britishboy
    Tesco's/Highview Parking PCN
    • 6th Apr 18, 10:03 AM
    Tesco's/Highview Parking PCN 6th Apr 18 at 10:03 AM
    Hi everyone
    I recieved a PCN from Highview Parking through this morning's post (6th April), dated 4th April for a parking offence on 21 Mar for overstaying in a local Tesco carpark, was in there for 3hr 41 minutes (basically my OH went to shop, bumped into an old work friend and ended up going for lunch)

Its 42 if paid in 14 days, or 70 after

There is a photo of our car driving in, and also leaving the car park. Can this be appealed or rejected by us? She's had an earfull from me about it already
Page 3
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 7th Apr 18, 8:57 PM
    • 2,522 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    britishboy
    Hi all

Hope this link works?? to both letters

https://imgur.com/a/fF2AP
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Apr 18, 9:10 PM
    • 17,250 Posts
    • 27,155 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Appeal to HV, using the template, blue text appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, and get this killed off.

Then write to Tesco and ask them who provided them with the details of the two parking events, linking you to the vehicle VRM AB12CDE.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Apr 18, 9:12 PM
    • 56,085 Posts
    • 69,758 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yep. Didn't need to see them. Highview PCNs always look like that, and the recipients will win by appealing as registered keeper (or 'hirer/lessee' if one of the people is a lease or company car user).

Obviously they give their actual name and address that Highview have anyway.

And they obviously tick the choice of box that says they were NOT the driver/the PCN was wrongly issued.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• britishboy
    • By britishboy 7th Apr 18, 9:46 PM
    • 2,522 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    britishboy
    Appeal to HV, using the template, blue text appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, and get this killed off.
    So straight forward copy and paste and add my postal details and PCN number?

Then write to Tesco and ask them who provided them with the details of the two parking events, linking you to the vehicle VRM AB12CDE.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    So write to the Tesco address the letter came from? Should i wait til i get confirmation from HV of the PCN being cancelled?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Apr 18, 11:14 PM
    • 17,250 Posts
    • 27,155 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Yes (add name (of keeper), postal details and PCN number) and Yes.

You'll have the charge cancelled before you have time to write to Tesco! It matters little when you write to Tesco.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 7th Apr 18, 11:35 PM
    • 10,399 Posts
    • 9,641 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    I never understand using the generic technical appeal in the Newbies thread when there is a Golden ticket based on out of time.

Yes, it's Highview who would probably cancel if you told them it was Tuesday but the generic blue appeal is nowhere near as much of a clincher as when the PPC actually fails to follow POFA.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Apr 18, 11:44 PM
    • 56,085 Posts
    • 69,758 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It's because it doesn't need to mention the lack of POFA at this stage.

There is no need to embellish it, and newbies find it easier to use a template.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• britishboy
    • By britishboy 8th Apr 18, 12:42 AM
    • 2,522 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    britishboy
    Yes (add name (of keeper), postal details and PCN number) and Yes.

You'll have the charge cancelled before you have time to write to Tesco! It matters little when you write to Tesco.
    Thanks again UmKomaas, just submitted it by email and got this generic reply, so will await hearing back from them

Thank you for your appeal submitted via our website.
    Further action on your Parking Charge Notice has been put on hold - please wait to hear from us.
    We aim to write back to you within 14 working days, but certainly no more than 35 days after your representation is received.
    Please note that we are currently receiving a high volume of correspondence. While we are making every effort to respond to appeals in as timely a manner as possible, this process will be greatly assisted by you refraining from sending follow-up emails before you have received our response. The fact that you have received this auto response means that we have received your appeal, and will answer it as soon as possible. You will never be asked to pay a charge at a higher rate due to any delay on our part, and will always be given the opportunity to settle it at the rate it was at when we received your appeal.
    Payment of your notice can be made by credit card on the automated payment line: 0844 371 8784, or by cheque or Postal Order sent to: PO Box 3573, Barnet, EN5 9QA

Thanks again everyone
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Apr 18, 8:45 AM
    • 17,250 Posts
    • 27,155 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I never understand using the generic technical appeal in the Newbies thread when there is a Golden ticket based on out of time.

Yes, it's Highview who would probably cancel if you told them it was Tuesday but the generic blue appeal is nowhere near as much of a clincher as when the PPC actually fails to follow POFA.
    Originally posted by Guys Dad
    Because many don't even understand PoFA, requiring further mind-numbing explanation and hand-holding, or there's a danger of a 'Me, Myself or I' slipping in and blowing the Golden Ticket, or it ends up with one of the regulars either having to tidy up a messy draft, or even having to write it all for them.

Sorry, but my time is stretched enough on here as it is!

• Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 8th Apr 18, 10:02 AM
    • 10,399 Posts
    • 9,641 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    It's because it doesn't need to mention the lack of POFA at this stage.

There is no need to embellish it, and newbies find it easier to use a template.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    .......... and then may get discouraged when the initial appeal is turned down.

The blue template is not designed to get the ticket cancelled except by the PICS who don't fancy a dragged out forum based appeal. I am not knocking that approach when the motorist is going to base their appeals on opinion based points such as signage, but killing it stone dead when a PPC has failed to follow POFA seems better.

And if POFA is too difficult for an initial appeal, how does it become easier with POPLA?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Apr 18, 10:14 AM
    • 17,250 Posts
    • 27,155 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    HV charges are almost always dropped when they see a forum template. Usually within 48 hours, the quickest turnaround was within 2 hours.

What's not to like?

And if POFA is too difficult for an initial appeal, how does it become easier with POPLA?
    There's a bit more time for the OP to read around and get some understanding, but in most cases you are right GD - that's why POPLA appeals often need disproportionate handholding.

Don't get me on to the way the forum has morphed into a free legal advisory service being diverted increasingly into court-related issues and procedures. I've generally drawn my line in the sand there, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 08-04-2018 at 10:45 AM.

• Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 8th Apr 18, 11:17 AM
    • 10,399 Posts
    • 9,641 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    HV charges are almost always dropped when they see a forum template. Usually within 48 hours, the quickest turnaround was within 2 hours.

What's not to like?

There's a bit more time for the OP to read around and get some understanding, but in most cases you are right GD - that's why POPLA appeals often need disproportionate handholding.

Don't get me on to the way the forum has morphed into a free legal advisory service being diverted increasingly into court-related issues and procedures. I've generally drawn my line in the sand there, I'm afraid.

We are not going to fall out over this. With HV, I agree that they are one of the softest PPCs. But I believe in killing things at the earliest opportunity with non-disputable points like out of time. Now I know that IAS ignore this and go for the probability keeper was driving but POPLA have not yet sunk quite so low.

Unfortunately some people, as you will know from being on here for so long, chicken out and pay whatever, even after the help they get from here. And for some, the appeal being turned down at square one is the surrender point.

Most of the cases on here, if going to court, would need a judgement based on the views taken by the judge on the evidence. But a clear failure to follow the strict requirements of POFA does not require the same interpretation of the opposing evidence by the judge. The law is the law. Most PPCs will see that and rarely do out of time cases proceed to court. Or even POPLA.

That is why I always recommend the blue template for cases where the motorist has no solid, indisputable golden ticket but advise using the golden ticket at the earliest opportunity and I think that maybe a golden ticket template would be a welcome addition to the NEWBIES thread.

But as I said, this is HV and OP should win on initial appeal whatever they write.
    Last edited by Guys Dad; 09-04-2018 at 11:43 AM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Apr 18, 12:32 AM
    • 56,085 Posts
    • 69,758 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I like your thinking Guys Dad, but if I added a 'golden ticket' template example, we would go back to the tedious 'which of the two templates do I use?' rubbish. Hence why I created just one.

If I was helping a friend I would use a specific POFA one for a golden ticket, pr would write one from scratch and have a bit of sarcastic fun with the PPC (have done loads of times!). But it's not needed here, people need to find a single template, grab it and go.

Sorry, but my time is stretched enough on here as it is!
    Mine too!

• britishboy
    • By britishboy 9th Apr 18, 10:42 AM
    • 2,522 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    britishboy
    Thanks again all

Well, still no reply from HV as of yet (Monday 10.40am) but not expecting a miracle from them (although the 2 hour record did sound a pleasing outcome!) so will wait and see and keep you all updated.

Re the DVLA and asking who requested my details, should i just email their customer services dept? Or complaints?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Apr 18, 11:00 AM
    • 36,553 Posts
    • 82,801 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Thanks again all

Well, still no reply from HV as of yet (Monday 10.40am) but not expecting a miracle from them (although the 2 hour record did sound a pleasing outcome!) so will wait and see and keep you all updated.

Re the DVLA and asking who requested my details, should i just email their customer services dept? Or complaints?
    Originally posted by britishboy
    No, this must be done by post as explained in the link you were given in post 16. Ensure you state that you understand this service is free to you.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 9th Apr 18, 10:38 PM
    • 1,984 Posts
    • 1,155 Thanks
    Ian011
    Payment of your notice can be made by credit card on the automated payment line: 0844 371 8784, or by cheque or Postal Order sent to: PO Box 3573, Barnet, EN5 9QA
    It is quite simply illegal to offer a premium rate 0844 number for this, and due to BIS regulations this has been the case since 13 June 2014.

It is also a breach of Ofcom regulations to fail to declare the premium rate call charges immediately alongside the 0844 number.
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 15th Apr 18, 4:10 PM
    • 2,522 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    britishboy
    Hi all
    Got a reply today, fairly standard Im guessing, here it is:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence relating to your Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Further to your representations, we have investigated your claims and can confirm that your Notice has subsequently been cancelled in full and no further action will be taken.

Yours faithfully,

Highview Parking Ltd.

Should I reply to explain that the 0844 premium rate number is illegal, just to make a point/be a thorn in their side?

Also I will contact DVLA to ask who requested my details, should I ask HV how Tesco got my details too?

Open to all answers, Im just in an awkward mood today and want to make things difficult for them
    Last edited by britishboy; 15-04-2018 at 4:17 PM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Apr 18, 4:21 PM
    • 17,250 Posts
    • 27,155 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Should I reply to explain that the 0844 premium rate number is illegal, just to make a point/be a thorn in their side?
    Report that to Trading Standards, HV unlikely to do anything about it. You could cc HV into your TS complaint, much more likely to give them something to think about than you writing directly to them.

Also I'll contact DVLA to ask who requested my details, should I ask HV how Tesco got my details too?
    They were quite content to make life difficult for you, so why not return the pain. Ask the DVLA to investigate and find out exactly what has been passed by HV to Tesco, as you believe it might have violated your rights under the DPA.

Told you you'd get a cancellation - well done, but the 2-hour record still stands!

• britishboy
    • By britishboy 15th Apr 18, 7:30 PM
    • 2,522 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    britishboy
    I love people like you Umkomaas
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Apr 18, 8:46 PM
    • 7,158 Posts
    • 9,468 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hi all
    Got a reply today, fairly standard Im guessing, here it is:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence relating to your Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Further to your representations, we have investigated your claims and can confirm that your Notice has subsequently been cancelled in full and no further action will be taken.

Yours faithfully,

Highview Parking Ltd.

Also I will contact DVLA to ask who requested my details, should I ask HV how Tesco got my details too?

Open to all answers, Im just in an awkward mood today and want to make things difficult for them
    Great to see it was cancelled

Going back to the start of this thread.....

Highview accessed your details once and warned against
    further infringment
    This was done on a Tesco letterhead which probably means
    that Tesco pimp out their letterhead to a scammer

Highview retained your information without your permission
    and then issued a charge reminding you that you have
    already been warned ?

The DVLA will tell you when they first accessed your data
    for the VRN.

Tesco need to explain what is happening regarding
    your personal data.

900 plus have read this read, it's enough to put anyone
    off shopping at Tesco whilst they employ a scammer
    to patrol their car park ......

OR .. was it the fact that Tesco staff have cameras that
    send the info to Highview ?????
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,984Posts Today

6,542Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin