Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrbearatlas
    • By mrbearatlas 5th Apr 18, 7:11 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mrbearatlas
    Part time MBA funding
    • 5th Apr 18, 7:11 PM
    Part time MBA funding 5th Apr 18 at 7:11 PM
    Hello,

I am about to undertake a part time MBA costing circa 28k. Unfortunately, my giant multinational employer does not sponsor any further study so I am self-funding. Part-time courses are also not eligible for scholarships.

Roughly 10k of that will be covered by postgraduate government student loan however it is the remaining 18k that I am investigating as to how best pay for.

Has anyone any experience of this or advice on how best to pay for the remaining 18k? I will need to work out what I can cover from my salary alone too.

I'm assuming the best option would be a bank loan from Martin's latest email but keen to hear if anyone has any other suggestions.
Page 1
    • WibblyGirly
    • By WibblyGirly 6th Apr 18, 9:13 AM
    • 415 Posts
    • 745 Thanks
    WibblyGirly
    • 6th Apr 18, 9:13 AM
    • 6th Apr 18, 9:13 AM
    Are you sure it is 28K? That seems very expensive for a Masters degree.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 6th Apr 18, 9:45 AM
    • 20,949 Posts
    • 16,732 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 6th Apr 18, 9:45 AM
    • 6th Apr 18, 9:45 AM
    Are you sure it is 28K? That seems very expensive for a Masters degree.
    Originally posted by WibblyGirly
    Not for a MBA.

"MBA fees range from 16,000 to 73,000 in the UK. "

https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/mba/

OP, your only real option is to pay from savings.
    • WibblyGirly
    • By WibblyGirly 7th Apr 18, 10:29 AM
    • 415 Posts
    • 745 Thanks
    WibblyGirly
    • 7th Apr 18, 10:29 AM
    • 7th Apr 18, 10:29 AM
    Wow! I had no idea it could cost so much! Could it be cheaper to do the course in a different EU country? The university should be able to advise you as I'm sure they'll have been asked this a lot, they may offer payment plans.
    • rheb
    • By rheb 9th Jul 18, 10:36 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rheb
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:36 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:36 AM
    If your employer funds apprenticeships, you should ask them to fund an MBA under the government's apprenticeship scheme. This is a brilliant new way to get an MBA 90% funded by someone else, if you can work it out. If you own a small business and can justify the education as a business expense (should be easy for an MBA, for pretty much any role), the business can use gov't funding to fund your MBA.

Look for the FT.com article entitled, "MBA students become unlikely beneficiaries of UK apprenticeship levy".

Not all schools offer it, but you can google "MBA apprenticeship" to find those that have already started.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,353Posts Today

8,774Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin