Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • meme86
    • By meme86 5th Apr 18, 6:59 PM
    • 85Posts
    • 17Thanks
    meme86
    Experian customer service (lack of)
    • 5th Apr 18, 6:59 PM
    Experian customer service (lack of) 5th Apr 18 at 6:59 PM
    Does experian actually have a customer service department that respond to emails?
    Earlier this year I looked at my credit file, and looked at the default dates (been on DMP ), and noticed that 1 default date was 3 years after the others.
    So got in touch with experian/credit expert as per their instructions about challenging a date - they'll get in touch with those concerned to try and rectify it.
    After a month, heard nothing, so emailed again (including the case number that was part of the automated email), still nothing.
    So I emailed their complaints department. Nothing.
    Got in touch with the creditor myself this week. Within 48 hours, all sorted
Page 1
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 5th Apr 18, 7:06 PM
    • 2,897 Posts
    • 2,233 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 5th Apr 18, 7:06 PM
    • 5th Apr 18, 7:06 PM
    It was the creditor in the first place who you should have contacted - not Experian, as they hold no power in removing anything from your files and would only do so on the say so from the creditor who put it there initially.

As a side note, Experian seem to have poor customer service in general from wider reading of this forum.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • molerat
    • By molerat 5th Apr 18, 8:08 PM
    • 18,782 Posts
    • 12,931 Thanks
    molerat
    • 5th Apr 18, 8:08 PM
    • 5th Apr 18, 8:08 PM
    Surely Experian have a duty to ensure the data they are reporting is accurate and if they are told it is not then they must check their source of that information.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • MEM62
    • By MEM62 6th Apr 18, 10:22 AM
    • 1,606 Posts
    • 1,229 Thanks
    MEM62
    • 6th Apr 18, 10:22 AM
    • 6th Apr 18, 10:22 AM
    Surely Experian have a duty to ensure the data they are reporting is accurate and if they are told it is not then they must check their source of that information.
    Originally posted by molerat
    You'd think so wouldn't you?

Regrettably, they are not the only company that does not do what it is supposed to.
    • Harworth
    • By Harworth 16th Apr 18, 7:35 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Harworth
    • 16th Apr 18, 7:35 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 7:35 PM
    Having exactly this issue with Experian. they seem to have no due diligence to see if information is correct either. They seem to be quite happy as long as the firm concerned is paying their fee. Lives are being destroyed this way. A quick internet search shows some real horror stories of lives wrecked by incorrect information being given out by Credit reference companies not bothered if what they are publishing is true or not. when firms keep sending information which is proved wrong you'd think they'd exercise some due diligence or stop taking information from them - but no.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,785Posts Today

9,096Users online

Martin's Twitter