Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ripplyuk
    • By ripplyuk 5th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    • 1,726Posts
    • 1,596Thanks
    ripplyuk
    Modern washing machines - lack of water
    • 5th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    Modern washing machines - lack of water 5th Apr 18 at 2:55 PM
    Iíve just got this new washing machine and it doesnít use enough water. With my old (about 15yo) one, the water would be halfway up the door. This new one doesnít fill up at all. The clothes are wet but they are never sitting in water. Iíve been reading up and it seems that all the new machines are obsessed with using as little water as possible.

Can I pour more water through the drawer to fill it up? Or would the machine just drain that? Itís really not satisfying to watch and I keep thinking that thereís no way it could rinse things properly using so little water. Now Iím worrying my clothes will start to rot.
Page 2
    • jack_pott
    • By jack_pott 9th Apr 18, 12:11 AM
    • 4,507 Posts
    • 5,803 Thanks
    jack_pott
    What make is it?

Have you checked for reviews saying the same as you're experiencing?

Is it plumbed in properly?
    My sis's ex plumbed their new one in wrong, can't remember exactly what he did but my sis had the engineer out and he told her that.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    An Indesit. Yes it's plumbed in correctly (if you have the standpipe too low, that will stop it filling to the correct level).
    I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
    • ripplyuk
    • By ripplyuk 10th Apr 18, 11:16 AM
    • 1,726 Posts
    • 1,596 Thanks
    ripplyuk
    Just to update, the Ďbabyí wash program is much more satisfactory. It uses far more water and the clothes are clearly sopping wet. Iíll just use that for everything

Mine is a Hotpoint Ďsmart techí and I still wouldnít recommend it. The rubber seal has an indent at the bottom which stays full of water after itís finished. Mould would soon grow, so I have to manually soak this up with kitchen towels after every wash. It also has the most aggressive wool wash Iíve ever seen. On the plus side, it doesnít insist on washing everything in cold temperatures. It seems to have a default of 60 degrees on most settings.

Iím sure the Miele ones are good but I wouldnít buy anything else from them after experiencing their customer service recently with my vacuum cleaner. Even if I could afford one!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

98Posts Today

1,872Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin