Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • davidscot
    • By davidscot 5th Apr 18, 9:37 AM
    • 549Posts
    • 93Thanks
    davidscot
    Sony Customer Service
    • 5th Apr 18, 9:37 AM
    Sony Customer Service 5th Apr 18 at 9:37 AM
    Hello all, hopefully someone can help here.
    Long story short is that grandsons Sony VR headset broke. Sent the pictures, details etc to Sony and after a really long wait they decided not to repair ( they are still under warranty )
    Anyway was hoping that someone can provide contact details of senior Customer Care (sic) team from Sony so I can take this matter further.
    Seem to have ran into a brick wall with Sony but not letting this lie.
    Thanks in advance for any help
Page 1
    • custardy
    • By custardy 5th Apr 18, 9:38 AM
    • 33,478 Posts
    • 28,375 Thanks
    custardy
    • 5th Apr 18, 9:38 AM
    • 5th Apr 18, 9:38 AM
    Define 'broke'
    • davidscot
    • By davidscot 5th Apr 18, 12:33 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    davidscot
    • 5th Apr 18, 12:33 PM
    • 5th Apr 18, 12:33 PM
    Define 'broke'
    Originally posted by custardy
    The plastic holder for the ear muff hinge broke so the ear muff just dangles and is of no use
    • Lumstorm
    • By Lumstorm 5th Apr 18, 7:55 PM
    • 210 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    Lumstorm
    • 5th Apr 18, 7:55 PM
    • 5th Apr 18, 7:55 PM
    Ear muff Hinge? There no ear muff or hinges on PSVR. I take they think its been abused so no warranty stands.
    • davidscot
    • By davidscot 6th Apr 18, 7:57 AM
    • 549 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    davidscot
    • 6th Apr 18, 7:57 AM
    • 6th Apr 18, 7:57 AM
    Ear muff Hinge? There no ear muff or hinges on PSVR. I take they think its been abused so no warranty stands.
    Originally posted by Lumstorm
    Well its the part that connects the ear speaker to the headset. I have not had any explanation apart from them saying they will not repair. I sent photographs as requested and on the basis of these photographs they have decided on this. No physical examination of them or anything
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 6th Apr 18, 8:20 AM
    • 31,705 Posts
    • 19,995 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 6th Apr 18, 8:20 AM
    • 6th Apr 18, 8:20 AM
    Who did you buy from ? Have you spoken to them ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 6th Apr 18, 5:50 PM
    • 12,289 Posts
    • 9,629 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 6th Apr 18, 5:50 PM
    • 6th Apr 18, 5:50 PM
    Well its the part that connects the ear speaker to the headset. I have not had any explanation apart from them saying they will not repair. I sent photographs as requested and on the basis of these photographs they have decided on this. No physical examination of them or anything
    Originally posted by davidscot
    Are you sure you're talking about the vr headset? Because theres no parts for your ear

You can wear headphones or get third party clip on earphones but the vr headset itself doesn't have them.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • davidscot
    • By davidscot 7th Apr 18, 7:54 AM
    • 549 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    davidscot
    • 7th Apr 18, 7:54 AM
    • 7th Apr 18, 7:54 AM
    Who did you buy from ? Have you spoken to them ?
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    Bought from Argos and when taking them back to the store they referred me to Sony Customer Services
    • davidscot
    • By davidscot 7th Apr 18, 7:56 AM
    • 549 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    davidscot
    • 7th Apr 18, 7:56 AM
    • 7th Apr 18, 7:56 AM
    Are you sure you're talking about the vr headset? Because theres no parts for your ear

You can wear headphones or get third party clip on earphones but the vr headset itself doesn't have them.
    Originally posted by unholyangel
    For point of clarification they are, and I quote from the box in front of me PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 and the ear muff is on a hinge which drops and you then adjust the headset to your size accordingly
    • custardy
    • By custardy 7th Apr 18, 9:44 AM
    • 33,478 Posts
    • 28,375 Thanks
    custardy
    Hello all, hopefully someone can help here.
    Long story short is that grandsons Sony VR headset broke. Sent the pictures, details etc to Sony and after a really long wait they decided not to repair ( they are still under warranty )
    Anyway was hoping that someone can provide contact details of senior Customer Care (sic) team from Sony so I can take this matter further.
    Seem to have ran into a brick wall with Sony but not letting this lie.
    Thanks in advance for any help
    For point of clarification they are, and I quote from the box in front of me PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 and the ear muff is on a hinge which drops and you then adjust the headset to your size accordingly
    So not VR. Headphones.
    Can you post the pictures?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2-r2xXu2yA

so this?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 7th Apr 18, 8:24 PM
    • 31,705 Posts
    • 19,995 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Why not post the photo of the damage ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • davidscot
    • By davidscot 8th Apr 18, 8:53 AM
    • 549 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    davidscot
    So not VR. Headphones.
    Can you post the pictures?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2-r2xXu2yA

so this?
    Yes that is the type of headphones I was meaning, maybe I have described them wrongly but still no further forward getting any contact details or help from Sony. Pictures were sent and on the basis of these pictures they will not repair or replace
    • davidscot
    • By davidscot 8th Apr 18, 8:54 AM
    • 549 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    davidscot
    Why not post the photo of the damage ?
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    Pictures were taken as requested and sent to Sony
    • custardy
    • By custardy 8th Apr 18, 9:20 AM
    • 33,478 Posts
    • 28,375 Thanks
    custardy
    Pictures were taken as requested and sent to Sony
    They meant post them here. You have no contract with Sony.
    you need to push back to Argos
    however if the damage is as per the video,its an easy self fix.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 8th Apr 18, 9:54 AM
    • 31,705 Posts
    • 19,995 Thanks
    DCFC79
    They meant post them here. You have no contract with Sony.
    you need to push back to Argos
    however if the damage is as per the video,its an easy self fix.
    Yes I meant post them on here, should have been more explicit.
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 9th Apr 18, 9:42 AM
    • 1,295 Posts
    • 1,605 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    Maybe they dismissed your claim because you told them you had a broken VR headset and then sent them pictures of headphones?
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • davidscot
    • By davidscot 11th Apr 18, 8:51 AM
    • 549 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    davidscot
    Give please more details
    Originally posted by Brown99
    Give more details of what?
    The original post was for anyone to be able to provide me contact details of Sony Customer Services and, no offence guys, all I have had is questions about what I have done wrong.
    Nobody seems to be answering my question regards Sony
    • custardy
    • By custardy 11th Apr 18, 8:58 AM
    • 33,478 Posts
    • 28,375 Thanks
    custardy
    Give more details of what?
    The original post was for anyone to be able to provide me contact details of Sony Customer Services and, no offence guys, all I have had is questions about what I have done wrong.
    Nobody seems to be answering my question regards Sony
    Because its not the answer (FYI you are answering a spammer building post count)
    Your contract is with Argos,why do you think escalating with Sony will change their opinion?
    If they are over 6 months old then the onus is on you to prove the fault. From Sony's view this is physical damage,hence why they have refused repair.
    • woody2234
    • By woody2234 11th Apr 18, 9:59 AM
    • 376 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    woody2234
    So just to confirm they are SONY HEADPHONES and you have not uploaded a picture so Im guessing these are the ones

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/2746269

And you brought them more than 6 or 12 months ago and Argos say no refund but I thought you get a 1 year guarantee

Also can you take it to your local Sony Centre
    Last edited by woody2234; 11-04-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    Let them eat cake (Marie Antoinette 1765)
    • davidscot
    • By davidscot 11th Apr 18, 10:20 AM
    • 549 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    davidscot
    Because its not the answer (FYI you are answering a spammer building post count)
    Your contract is with Argos,why do you think escalating with Sony will change their opinion?
    If they are over 6 months old then the onus is on you to prove the fault. From Sony's view this is physical damage,hence why they have refused repair.
    Argos refuse refund yes. Tell me to contact Sony yes. Sony refuse to repair/replace yes. Ask for Sony Customer Service address no
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

9Posts Today

4,262Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin