Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RoyaleMale
    • By RoyaleMale 4th Apr 18, 4:53 PM
    • 236Posts
    • 65Thanks
    RoyaleMale
    Paypal payments now take 2-3 days
    • 4th Apr 18, 4:53 PM
    Paypal payments now take 2-3 days 4th Apr 18 at 4:53 PM
    Paypal used to take 2 hours to get into my bank account but since this week they've increased it to 2-3 days.

Another way for paypal to make that little bit extra by holding onto your money for longer.

Is this a new policy and has this happened to anyone else on here?
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 4th Apr 18, 7:10 PM
    • 12,575 Posts
    • 8,484 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 4th Apr 18, 7:10 PM
    • 4th Apr 18, 7:10 PM
    Sometimes it just happens like that, it shouldn't but it does. I usually find that logging out and back in sorts it out (stop the withdrawal when you see the time).
    • soolin
    • By soolin 4th Apr 18, 7:52 PM
    • 60,846 Posts
    • 43,415 Thanks
    soolin
    • 4th Apr 18, 7:52 PM
    • 4th Apr 18, 7:52 PM
    Mine is still instant, as theonlywayisup says it sometimes seems to delay for no apparent reason.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • RoyaleMale
    • By RoyaleMale 12th Apr 18, 2:17 PM
    • 236 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    RoyaleMale
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:17 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:17 PM
    Sometimes it just happens like that, it shouldn't but it does. I usually find that logging out and back in sorts it out (stop the withdrawal when you see the time).
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Payment ended up taking 6 working days.

Yesterday it stated 2 hours, so I withdrew some more money, sure enough the money hasn't be received by my bank.

The sooner they replace paypal the better.
    • RFW
    • By RFW 12th Apr 18, 10:02 PM
    • 8,740 Posts
    • 5,088 Thanks
    RFW
    • 12th Apr 18, 10:02 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 10:02 PM
    Payment ended up taking 6 working days.

Yesterday it stated 2 hours, so I withdrew some more money, sure enough the money hasn't be received by my bank.

The sooner they replace paypal the better.
    Originally posted by RoyaleMale
    Be careful what you wish for. The replacement for Paypal is likely to make disbursement much slower. It sounds to me like it's going to be more like Amazon which takes a minimum of 3 working days to hit your bank account.

As regards Paypal, there's every likelihood that the delay is from your bank and not Paypal. If you have another bank account try that one to transfer to, that's where the delays tend to come from.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 13th Apr 18, 8:35 AM
    • 60,846 Posts
    • 43,415 Thanks
    soolin
    • 13th Apr 18, 8:35 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 8:35 AM
    Be careful what you wish for. The replacement for Paypal is likely to make disbursement much slower. It sounds to me like it's going to be more like Amazon which takes a minimum of 3 working days to hit your bank account.

As regards Paypal, there's every likelihood that the delay is from your bank and not Paypal. If you have another bank account try that one to transfer to, that's where the delays tend to come from.
    Originally posted by RFW
    The American eBay forums are discussing this already and it does look like the current information suggests the replacement that eBay plan to roll out will work like the Amazon model and take longer to hit the bank account.

PayPal is still instant for me into my HSBC account, and takes about 3 hours if I put it into a Co Op account.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 13th Apr 18, 10:45 PM
    • 5,676 Posts
    • 5,004 Thanks
    mgdavid
    • 13th Apr 18, 10:45 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 10:45 PM
    Paypal to Barclays has been pretty well instant for me for a number of years. However I did a transfer during last weekend which didn't hit my bank account until Wednesday morning!
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 14th Apr 18, 9:48 PM
    • 4,021 Posts
    • 305,152 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:48 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:48 PM
    I did a "faster payment" (not via Paypal) just via online banking to a friend at the start of the month and it took 4 days to get there, which was unusual ... maybe the banks are having problems lately or something lately?
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
    • fallen121
    • By fallen121 16th Apr 18, 2:34 PM
    • 770 Posts
    • 695 Thanks
    fallen121
    • 16th Apr 18, 2:34 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 2:34 PM
    Paypal withdrawals to a Bank of Scotland account, which used to happen instantaneously, now take 3-4 days. I've now done several withdrawals and it's been the same each time. Even the screen you get come up when making the withdrawal is different, and the email you get states "2-3 working days".

In an age of Faster Payments (which presumably is what Paypal used previously) this is definitely a downgrading of service. I made the first withdrawal because I had gone overdrawn at the Bank and had Paypal funds, so thought I would transfer to avoid paying the daily O/D fee. Obviously I'm no better off.

What annoys me is that if I wished to transfer funds from another Bank, the transfer would be pretty much instant. Paypal are always telling us how "Banklike" they are. This just gives the lie to that.

20p SAVERS CLUB
    2016 #5 35
    2017 #5 35
    2018 #5 15.20
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,233Posts Today

8,059Users online

Martin's Twitter