Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cbrookes
    • By cbrookes 3rd Apr 18, 5:54 PM
    • 218Posts
    • 23Thanks
    cbrookes
    Parkingeye charge
    • 3rd Apr 18, 5:54 PM
    Parkingeye charge 3rd Apr 18 at 5:54 PM
    Hi, just after some advise as I think I may have approached this the wrong way !!!128542;. My partner had a job picking up from the park inn heathrow. She pulled in 5 minutes before pickup time and after a couple of minutes received a call saying they were running about 30 minutes late (they were guests at the hotel the night before). She went in and asked at reception if she was ok to wait or needed to pay for parking, the man on reception said she was ok to wait for them without paying, she did state they would be about 30 minutes, maybe a little more. She moved to a parking space so she didnít block the hotel entrance. We then received the parking charge and I called the hotel, who told me to email the manager, which I have done and am still waiting for a reply! I also appealed using the instructions on the back of the charge letter but I think I have made a mistake not going through BPA? The date for the reduced amount is tomorrow so should I just pay the reduced amount or if the appeal is rejected will we still be able to pay the reduced amount as it stated the appeal could take 28 days, which is still about 3 weeks away!
Page 2
    • Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Apr 18, 7:19 PM
    • 20,410 Posts
    • 25,768 Thanks
    Redx
    go into your settings on your IPHONE and turn off SMART PUNCTUATION as it is ruining your posts on here , same as on any APPLE device

you do have a golden ticket, especially as the original pcn had to arrive by day 15 (not the reminder) , so if the POFA2012 paragraph is missing, its a "golden ticket"

use a laptop to navigate this site, not an IPHONE

you cannot post a picture on here, its not a file site

use tinypic for hosting a redacted picture or pictures
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • cbrookes
    • By cbrookes 3rd Apr 18, 7:25 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    cbrookes
    So sorry again! on a computer now! I didn't realise the iPhone did that! Thank you all again for putting my mind at rest, I was so close to just paying it so i didn't worry!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Apr 18, 7:28 PM
    • 20,410 Posts
    • 25,768 Thanks
    Redx
    see post #7 here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74028713&highlight=smart+punctuat ion#post74028713
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • cbrookes
    • By cbrookes 3rd Apr 18, 7:32 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    cbrookes
    I've turned it off!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Apr 18, 7:39 PM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,472 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You do not need to show us a pic of the PCN. Are you saying it DOES mention the POFA on the back?

If so, norty norty, very norty of PE, who can be reported to the BPA and DVLA for that!
    • cbrookes
    • By cbrookes 3rd Apr 18, 7:43 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    cbrookes
    No it doesn't mention POFA anywhere on the letter.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 3rd Apr 18, 8:21 PM
    • 38,049 Posts
    • 85,387 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Originally posted by cbrookes
    Good, assuming you mean NTK and not a reminder letter. You really need to confirm this.

If it is the NTK then you await the rejection and PoPLA code. You then construct a PoPLA appeal using all the relevant points available from post 3 of the NEWBIES. Your winning point will be non POFA compliant NTK.

Post your draft here for checking before you submit it.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Apr 18, 8:29 PM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,472 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I told you earlier to compare yours to the one shown in the NEWBIES thread. SNAP!

So why did you say you didn't have a Golden ticket? I don't understand why this is so hard.
    • cbrookes
    • By cbrookes 3rd Apr 18, 8:57 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    cbrookes
    I'm sorry, just getting my self worked up and trying to take in all the information. First and hopefully last time having to deal with something like this so it isn't coming easily.
    • cbrookes
    • By cbrookes 14th Apr 18, 9:08 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    cbrookes
    Good morning, I am sorry I have not updated this thread. On Thursday afternoon I received an email from ParkingEye saying that the charge had been put on hold for 28 days as I was not the driver, to allow me to give further evidence, ie who was driving. If I don't provide further evidence the appeal may be rejected and a POPLA code provided.

I am pretty sure I shouldn't give them the drivers details but do I state that I won't be giving the drivers details, state that they took 17 days to raise the charge, ie over the required 14 days, just ignore and wait for the code or do something else? Thanks again.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 14th Apr 18, 9:17 AM
    • 38,049 Posts
    • 85,387 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good morning, I am sorry I have not updated this thread. On Thursday afternoon I received an email from ParkingEye saying that the charge had been put on hold for 28 days as I was not the driver, to allow me to give further evidence, ie who was driving. If I don't provide further evidence the appeal may be rejected and a POPLA code provided.

I am pretty sure I shouldn't give them the drivers details but do I state that I won't be giving the drivers details, state that they took 17 days to raise the charge, ie over the required 14 days, just ignore and wait for the code or do something else? Thanks again.

You wait for your PoPLA code, construct your draft appeal when you get it, post your draft here for checking, and submit the appeal once the regulars have said it is OK, you stop worrying, and you WIN.

Please also complain to your MP and Sir Greg Knight MP.

These are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

These complaints are very, VERY important.

You should also tell all your friends and family to come here if they get an unfair PCN.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 14-04-2018 at 9:20 AM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Apr 18, 9:38 AM
    • 20,680 Posts
    • 32,584 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    It's their last desperate attempt to gain some leverage on this as they know they can't pin this on the keeper because of their failure to meet the requirements of PoFA.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,921Posts Today

6,047Users online

Martin's Twitter