Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 3rd Apr 18, 4:34 PM
    • 2,444Posts
    • 8,824Thanks
    Oakdene
    Worried about my childrens relationship with thier mum.
    • 3rd Apr 18, 4:34 PM
    Worried about my childrens relationship with thier mum. 3rd Apr 18 at 4:34 PM
    Quick bit of background, my ex & I have a son (10) & a daughter (13). My son lives with my ex & my daughter with me, they (usually) spend every weekend together & all the school holiday. My ex has a 3 or 4 year with her new partner. We pay each other maintenance - I pay 55 more a month & I do not have a partner.

There is becoming an continuing issue, in that I feel my children are being left out of trips, visits & events by their mum & her husband. My daughter had been invited to a sleepover on her mum's weekend in a nearby (22 miles) town. I mentioned to her mum that she'd been invited & when I said where she laughed & said "that's not happening". I asked why & she said that she has 2 other kids to worry about & she can't be bothered driving that far. This despite taking both of her sons all across the county for football & parties etc. I said it was ok & that I would take her so she didn't miss out.

In another instance she plans trips to the cinema with her husband & son, on weekends when I have my pair - this I don't mind per say but when my children are with them, they do very little. When I raised this the reply was "well I can't afford to take all 3 of them out for lunch & to the cinema."

The latest is now she has booked a holiday for her, her husband & son to Disneyland Paris in the summer holidays & isn't taking her other 2 children because I am taking them away earlier in the year.

I am getting increasingly concerned that my children are going to feel that they are being left out by their mum & what is worse is she doesn't seem worried that she is doing this.

Am I being unreasonable here in thinking or worrying?
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydion ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.

Page 2
    • Sncjw
    • By Sncjw 15th Apr 18, 10:18 AM
    • 1,892 Posts
    • 1,117 Thanks
    Sncjw
    She says that it!!!8217;s expensive to go to cinema what about the 55 maintenfe you pay. Should that not go towards the cost of your children!!!8217;s tickets maybe
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,691Posts Today

8,544Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin