Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Alexipop123
    • By Alexipop123 3rd Apr 18, 4:30 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 45Thanks
    Alexipop123
    Rafflecopter- worth entering?
    • 3rd Apr 18, 4:30 PM
    Rafflecopter- worth entering? 3rd Apr 18 at 4:30 PM
    This may be a really stupid question but Iím fairly new to comping so bear with me. Does anyone actually ever win anything with the rafflecopter and gleam entries? I feel like itís a bit weird with all these multiple entries and it takes a good five minutes (which I guess isnít that long but in comparison to some others it is) to enter one competition. Half the time I donít do everything to get all the entries and I dunno- is it worth doing?
Page 1
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 3rd Apr 18, 4:37 PM
    • 4,887 Posts
    • 25,701 Thanks
    Misslayed
    • 3rd Apr 18, 4:37 PM
    • 3rd Apr 18, 4:37 PM
    I often cba with them, but I entered one just before Christmas and won a beautiful Silver Cross pram for my new granddaughter.
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • Alexipop123
    • By Alexipop123 3rd Apr 18, 4:44 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Alexipop123
    • 3rd Apr 18, 4:44 PM
    Wow!
    • 3rd Apr 18, 4:44 PM
    Congratulations! Thatís a great prize! My travel system cost as much as my first car so that was definitely worth entering!
    I think maybe I will only enter the ones that are really worth it if thatís the case.
    Thank you!
    • andrew71
    • By andrew71 4th Apr 18, 11:39 AM
    • 1,074 Posts
    • 6,769 Thanks
    andrew71
    • 4th Apr 18, 11:39 AM
    • 4th Apr 18, 11:39 AM
    My personal rule is if I have to jump through to many hoops just to win a £5 voucher then I think I'll pass.

Follow five Facebook accounts, six Twitter accounts, five Instagram pages, subscribe to our YouTube channel. Share on Facebook and tag four friends who are fans of three legged unicorns, Retweet this post, comment below last time you were attacked by a pirate in a red car, subscribe to our newsletter.
    All this daily.

• Veegsforlife
    • By Veegsforlife 8th Apr 18, 12:15 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 926 Thanks
    Veegsforlife
    • 8th Apr 18, 12:15 PM
    • 8th Apr 18, 12:15 PM
    I have won on both, but often don't do all of the entries. Depends how much I want the prize!
    Well this is fun
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 8th Apr 18, 12:23 PM
    • 4,021 Posts
    • 305,465 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    • 8th Apr 18, 12:23 PM
    • 8th Apr 18, 12:23 PM
    Depends on the prize, depends on the entry route and depends who's giving the prize.

Mummy or beauty blogs, I tend not to bother, I kinda get the impression they know who's going to win before they even open the competition ... I'm sure some / most are legit (I don't want to tarnish them all with the same brush), but for me I just don't bother.

However, If the prize is good, it might be worth giving it a shot but generally they're not worth the effort in my opinion.

I think you need to just enter everything you like the look of, regardless of entry route ... after a few months into your comping journey you'll decide what's best for you, what route to take and what you should focus your time on. Horses to Courses, everyone's comping strategy is different, you'll find your own mojo given a bit of experience.

Good luck
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
    • MimiJane
    • By MimiJane 11th Apr 18, 3:22 PM
    • 7,567 Posts
    • 48,566 Thanks
    MimiJane
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:22 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:22 PM
    I enter them if they're fairly "quick" and the prize is worth winning IMHO. I've won a few RC comps and one gleam in the past.
    Wins since 2009 = £16,000

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS. - xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,108Posts Today

8,667Users online

Martin's Twitter