Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CrazeeCurlee
    • By CrazeeCurlee 3rd Apr 18, 1:53 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CrazeeCurlee
    Embarrassed - who can the OR speak to about financial situation
    • 3rd Apr 18, 1:53 PM
    Embarrassed - who can the OR speak to about financial situation 3rd Apr 18 at 1:53 PM
    Hi everyone

I had a previous thread on here about my intention to file for bankruptcy. I have an appointment with a local advice group very soon (this month) and aim to file the petition during that appointment. Nervous to say the least!

Anyway, I was wondering who the OR can speak to to verify the details I give them - I had a lodger who has just moved out. I was paid a bit of money by them a few months ago and used that to pay off rent debt - that can clearly be seen in my bank statements. I'm just wondering if the OR can contact them to clarify that they have moved out? That wouldn't be a problem in theory as I have nothing to hide, but it would be incredibly embarrassing as the lodger and I still keep in touch and have mutual friends in common. I know when you go bankrupt that your details are available publicly, but the chances of anyone I know coming across those listings is slim.

Just wanted to be prepared - if the OR is going to call the ex lodger then it might be worth contacting them first myself and explaining the situation.

Thanks all!
Page 1
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 3rd Apr 18, 3:25 PM
    • 2,281 Posts
    • 2,172 Thanks
    TheGardener
    • 3rd Apr 18, 3:25 PM
    • 3rd Apr 18, 3:25 PM
    If there is evidence of the transactions on your accounts - and the lodger is not one of your creditors, there doesn't seem much reason for the OR to contact them. It will depend on the OR I think.
    • Jono987
    • By Jono987 4th Apr 18, 11:53 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    Jono987
    • 4th Apr 18, 11:53 AM
    • 4th Apr 18, 11:53 AM
    Dont worry about it, i can almost guarantee the OR is not going to be calling your lodger. The OR's are very understanding and not what you think they would be like. Relax and it will all go smooth
    • CrazeeCurlee
    • By CrazeeCurlee 11th Apr 18, 12:33 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CrazeeCurlee
    • 11th Apr 18, 12:33 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 12:33 PM
    Thanks both, that's put my mind at ease. So maybe I should wait until the interview and see what happens? If they do need to speak with them then they'll tell me right?
    • Barny1979
    • By Barny1979 11th Apr 18, 12:35 PM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 44,474 Thanks
    Barny1979
    • 11th Apr 18, 12:35 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 12:35 PM
    Rent debt, so did the landlord know you were subletting?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,368Posts Today

8,256Users online

Martin's Twitter