Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • philpot24
    • By philpot24 3rd Apr 18, 12:55 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    philpot24
    Aqua Card missing from Experian
    • 3rd Apr 18, 12:55 PM
    Aqua Card missing from Experian 3rd Apr 18 at 12:55 PM
    Hi Guys,

I've been rebuilding my credit and have been very happy with the results to date. Quick background, I was stupid with credit about 5 years ago when I moved to London, being a grad in an expensive city with an entry level job (no excuse but it is what tit is). Since then, I've paid off all my debts, have savings etc.

I used to look at all my credit reports nearly weekly but decided this wasn't very useful as it was driving me crazy so deleted them all to no get caught up in effectively pointless numbers moving up & down. A year and a bit later, I've decided to give them a one-off check.

I have just checked Clearscore (Equifax) and I'm very happy, It's in the green at 470 . My Experian on the other hand is at 666 (scary!) and just on the border of poor and fair.

For some reason my Aqua Card hasn't been reported on my Experian (I have a 4,000 credit limit) and one of the limiting factors on Experian is that my largest credit limit is low so I think my Aqua Card not being reported is hurting my Experian credit score.

I've seen on this forum peoples Aqua Cards are being report to Experian. What do I do in this instance? Do I ask Aqua Card to report it or do I speak with Experian to add it?

My Equifax is completely up to date, mirrors my personal details on Eqerian and I'm on the electoral roll etc.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Philpot
    Last edited by philpot24; 03-04-2018 at 3:01 PM. Reason: Fixed gramatical errors
Page 1
    • GM1880
    • By GM1880 3rd Apr 18, 2:34 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    GM1880
    • 3rd Apr 18, 2:34 PM
    • 3rd Apr 18, 2:34 PM
    Before anyone comes in to comment on the score being close to meaningless, it's pretty meaningless.

But, not having the Credit Card on Experian (which most lenders tend to use it seems) is a negative in that that gives prospective lenders proof that you can handle credit.

It would appear odd if they don't report to Experian, but not out of the question. I'd raise it with them. Is it registered to the same address that you're registered on the electoral roll at?
    • philpot24
    • By philpot24 3rd Apr 18, 3:45 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    philpot24
    • 3rd Apr 18, 3:45 PM
    • 3rd Apr 18, 3:45 PM
    Thanks! I've just contact Aqua to see what they say / recommend.

Update: I've just checked my Experian details and the electoral roll details Experian have for my current address is missing my Flat Number (everything else is correct). On ClearScore under the electoral roll, it's given the completely correct address. When I check the separate accounts in Experian, some of them contain my full address with the flat number.

Could the reason it's not showing be because of this discrepancy? I don't understand why Clearscore is correct and Experian isn't. I opened the Aqua Card before I moved into my new flat (moved 7 months ago, had the card for about 1 year).

I'll keep you updated on what Aqua say.

Thanks,

Philpot
    • ywlgy
    • By ywlgy 3rd Apr 18, 4:41 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ywlgy
    • 3rd Apr 18, 4:41 PM
    • 3rd Apr 18, 4:41 PM
    Experian seems to have a strange address format for flat. On my experian report, the format is different from the RoyalMail version and also those for my credit accounts.
    • philpot24
    • By philpot24 8th Apr 18, 3:36 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    philpot24
    • 8th Apr 18, 3:36 PM
    • 8th Apr 18, 3:36 PM
    Update on this: Spoke to Experian and they found the card but it had some weird address format, a mix between my old and current.

Spoke to Aqua Card and they!!!8217;ve updated it (even though my right address was registered with them). The lady I spoke with didn!!!8217;t seem surprised and said it!!!8217;s happened before..

anyway, fingers crossed it will now appear.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,715Posts Today

7,027Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin