Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    signomi
    Appeal site wont acept my VRN
    • 2nd Apr 18, 12:39 PM
    Appeal site wont acept my VRN 2nd Apr 18 at 12:39 PM
    Hi,
    Euro carparks wont accept my VRN on the appeals page it keeps saying :-
    "Please re-enter the correct Vehicle Registration Mark. The information currently given is not correct - please re-enter with the correct information in order for your appeal to be logged and processed."
    The ticket came through the post and is titled NOTICE TO KEEPER (ANPR) should I ignore seeing as I cant appeal against it online, or should I rely on the post?
Page 2
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 4th Apr 18, 9:48 PM
    • 37,016 Posts
    • 83,632 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I'd be willing to bet the online system doesn't think ABCD 1 is a valid VRN format.
    I didn't realise it was for UK plates - I don't think I've ever seen this.
    Originally posted by kryten3000
    A friend of mine used to drive a UK registered car that had five (or it may have been six) numbers as the VRN. No spaces, no letters. That was it.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • signomi
    The WEB site will let me pay the ticket but not appeal perhaps the appeal site doesn't like the reference number and VRN , I can't put any VRN in the site just states:
    "Please re-enter the correct Vehicle Registration Mark. The information currently given is not correct - please re-enter with the correct information in order for your appeal to be logged and processed."
  • signomi
    I'll keep you posted.
    • kryten3000
    • By kryten3000 4th Apr 18, 10:26 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    kryten3000
    All numbers no letters is a Guernsey plate.
    Jersey plates start with a J followed by numbers.
  • signomi
    OK, so come back & tell us what happens when Steve C investigates this one.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I received a PM from Steve C yesterday to which I replied today I got a bounce back stating that he was on leave today but he still mailed euro car parks and HEY PRESTO I can now log onto the appeal site, the only difference was that previously I was loging on through 4G on my phone but I had broadband installed today and am now using that??
  • signomi
    Today I received an Email from: dataprotection@eurocarparks.com with a PDF attachment.
    Is this normal behaviour?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th May 18, 6:56 PM
    • 8,048 Posts
    • 7,913 Thanks
    KeithP
    Today I received an Email from: dataprotection@eurocarparks.com with a PDF attachment.
    Is this normal behaviour?
    Originally posted by signomi
    It might help if you told us what the pdf is about.
  • signomi
    Here is the contents of the PDF:

"We are in receipt of your correspondence regarding your PCN. Please be advised you will be contacted separately
    regarding the appeal proper.
    Your correspondence makes reference to Section 10 of the Data Protection Act 1998; specifically where you
    believe you retain the authority to remove consent to process data. In regards this matter we do not uphold your
    request on the basis that it does not fulfil the remit as outlined by the Information Commissioners Office
    guidelines relating to Section 10. We would therefore refer you to the information provided on the website of the
    ICO and the UK Government as below;
    https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-6-rights/damage-or-distress/
    https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/section/10
    If you require any additional information please contact the ECP Data Protection & Compliance Department
    quoting the above reference either via mail or email at the below address.
    dataprotection@eurocarparks.com
    Thank you.
    ECP Data protection and Compliance"
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th May 18, 9:41 PM
    • 8,048 Posts
    • 7,913 Thanks
    KeithP
    Perfectly normal.

You sent them a DPA Section 10 notice. They responded.

File it.
  • signomi
    Thank you.
  • signomi
    Today I received a 'final notification letter' in the post demanding 85.
    I take it that this is usual.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 28th Jun 18, 5:04 PM
    • 8,048 Posts
    • 7,913 Thanks
    KeithP
    Who exactly is asking for 85?

Have you read post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread?
  • signomi
    It's from Euro car parks a 'final notification letter' yet I've already appealed the ticket?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Jul 18, 12:17 AM
    • 59,465 Posts
    • 72,635 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    What happened to your POPLA code/rejection letter after you appealed, and if you never got a POPLA code, surely you emailed Steve Clark again?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• signomi
    I never got a POPLA code or rejection letter, as far as I know my appeal is still going forward?

All I've had recently is the Final notification letter
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jul 18, 12:57 AM
    • 59,465 Posts
    • 72,635 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    They are waaay out of time, You appealed in April. Email Steve Clark!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• signomi
    Steve is looking into the matter and will be in contact in due course, thank's.
  • signomi
    I received the following Email from Emma-Louise Ford but I am unsure how to proceed, which investigation has she closed;

I find it quite hard to keep up with this :-(

Emma-Louise Ford <emma-louise.f@britishparking.co.uk>
    Attachments
    16 Jul 2018, 15:13 (1 day ago)
    to me

BPA-13744

Parking Charge Notice: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your patience whilst we contacted Euro Car Parks for further information.

Euro Car Parks have reverted back to me to advise that they responded to your appeal on 02/05/2018

(THEY DID NOT, I RECEIVED A REJECTION EMAIL ON THE 13/07/2018)

!!!8211; please find a copy of the appeal rejection attached which also contains a POPLA Verification Code.

(EXACTLY THE SAME AS ABOVE BUT WITH A DATE OF 02/05/2018 AND A DIFFERENT POPLA CODE)

As you are not in receipt of this, as a gesture of goodwill, Euro Car Parks have made the decision to issue you with a new POPLA Verification Code (which is valid for a period of 28 days).

Your new POPLA Verification Code is: XXXXXXXXXXX

I trust that this information is of assistance to you.

As I have not identified a breach of our Code of Practice, I have closed this investigation.

Kind regards,

Emma-Louise Ford
    Last edited by signomi; 17-07-2018 at 9:01 PM. Reason: POPLA code showing
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jul 18, 8:45 PM
    • 36,302 Posts
    • 20,548 Thanks
    Quentin
    Haven't read all 38 posts but you now look to have a popla code

#3 in the FAQ covers Popla appeals

Construct yours and put the draft up for comments before sending it

Edit your post to remove details that will identify you especially your popla code
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Jul 18, 9:04 PM
    • 18,363 Posts
    • 29,063 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You have until 10th August to do plenty of research on previous ECP/POPLA cases from which to construct your own. Post it up here for critique before submission.

Take your time - get it right!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,226Posts Today

7,452Users online

Martin's Twitter