Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moneytorques
    • By moneytorques 1st Apr 18, 10:48 AM
    • 120Posts
    • 41Thanks
    moneytorques
    Target HCA Help to Buy Loan!?!
    • 1st Apr 18, 10:48 AM
    Target HCA Help to Buy Loan!?! 1st Apr 18 at 10:48 AM
    Has anyone else failed to receive their welcome pack after Completion? I'm 4 months into our new property and haven't received a single piece of literature.
    I've emailed them several times as I want to discuss other items and had nothing but an automated response.
    They haven't even set up the 1 per month administration fee!
Page 1
    • NYA2017
    • By NYA2017 9th Apr 18, 9:49 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NYA2017
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:49 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:49 PM
    Now that you mention it I don't think I've received mine. I definitely haven't set up the 1 payment. Completed December. But I've read on loads of different sources that there are big delays with Target atm, so that's probably why. It took me 3.5 months to get a reply to an unrelated question so I wouldn't worry. Maybe give them a call to nudge.
    • GRIFFINSM
    • By GRIFFINSM 14th Sep 18, 5:06 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    GRIFFINSM
    • 14th Sep 18, 5:06 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 5:06 PM
    Keep your eyes and ears peeled with Target. Once my 5 yr interest free was coming to an end i contacted them a few months beforehand to set up payments. I heard off them 4 months later to inform me my account was in arrears and i needed to make the payment immediately. Keep on at them as they are super disorganised. I dont think ive had a company cause me so much worry and tears ever. I had to go to the financial ombudsman in the end. They had to pay me compensation.
    • missplant
    • By missplant 15th Sep 18, 8:20 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    missplant
    • 15th Sep 18, 8:20 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 8:20 PM
    i had to phone them to set up my 1 fee, Ive been in my home 2 years but there was no arrears to pay.
    • moneytorques
    • By moneytorques 28th Sep 18, 1:21 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    moneytorques
    • 28th Sep 18, 1:21 PM
    • 28th Sep 18, 1:21 PM
    Keep your eyes and ears peeled with Target. Once my 5 yr interest free was coming to an end i contacted them a few months beforehand to set up payments. I heard off them 4 months later to inform me my account was in arrears and i needed to make the payment immediately. Keep on at them as they are super disorganised. I dont think ive had a company cause me so much worry and tears ever. I had to go to the financial ombudsman in the end. They had to pay me compensation.
    Originally posted by GRIFFINSM
    Ive also gone to the FO.

Can I ask what you ended up getting compo wise as theres no real monetary loss is there?
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 28th Sep 18, 1:37 PM
    • 34,342 Posts
    • 18,653 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 28th Sep 18, 1:37 PM
    • 28th Sep 18, 1:37 PM
    It's worth remembering this organisation won the contract to administer post-sales HTB and other shared equity schemes by submitting the lowest bid to the Homes & Communities Agency.

It isn't a lender and it doesn't have a commercial imperative to have happy "customers."
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • georgia 1991
    • By georgia 1991 11th Oct 18, 4:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    georgia 1991
    • 11th Oct 18, 4:16 PM
    • 11th Oct 18, 4:16 PM
    Hello!

Sorry I just saw this post, and my situation is not the same however I saw a couple of people had went to the ombudsman and wondered if anyone might have some advice.

I will try keep it short but sweet, I applied for a transfer of equity on the 22nd May (this is when I paid my fee etc) after several phone calls I finally received my solicitors pack on the 20th July. By this point because I was switching mortgage lenders from a joint to a single, I was now paying a flexible interest rate with my current joint mortgage and was waiting for Target HCA before I could do anything. They only sorted my documents and sent them off for approval on the 28th August. Documents finally sealed and sent back to solicitor just last week (4th Oct 18) ! Over 5 months I have waited, and over 1000 in mortgage interest I have paid I won't get a penny back. The whole thing has been traumatising, and I think I now know all Target HCA employees by name with the amount of tearful phone calls. At this stage I would like to move forward with some form of severe complaint, but will it just be another document put in a pile and not dealt with for 5 months?

Ok that wasn't so short, but would appreciate any advice or if anyone has dealt with something similar. Thank you in advance - im nearly grey with it all. x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,057Posts Today

9,405Users online

Martin's Twitter