Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jaran92
    • By jaran92 28th Mar 18, 9:14 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 9Thanks
    jaran92
    LINK PARKING - 'County Court Claim Form' Received
    • 28th Mar 18, 9:14 PM
    LINK PARKING - 'County Court Claim Form' Received 28th Mar 18 at 9:14 PM
    Hello,

A driver of my car was issued a PCN in later November of last year. It was for 'Link Parking' and was a private residential area. Ultimately, it was completely undeserved - the driver parked in an area in front of a property they were staying in for work which showed no signage or lines on the road. There was a sign the other side of the road some way down but that showed no indication of the area the vehicle was parked in being subject to those terms (I have plenty of photos that were taken at the time).

From that point, slightly stupidly, the ticket was ignored as it was so ridiculous and un-enforcable and subsequently was totally forgotten about.
    I received a NTK from them dated the 26th December (Apparently parking charges don't rest for Christmas!) which I ignored (Please don't tell me off, I was incredibly busy!)
    I then heard nothing further until now. I have actually been away with work and returned to find a 'Letter Before Claim' from the infamous Gladstones Solicitors now demanding 160. This was dated the 20th February - I just returned home a couple of days ago to find this and today I received a 'County Court Claim Form' for the charge dated yesterday...

I have read the Newbie sticky about forming a defence to a Claim Form but I wanted to just check what everyones current opinion is on how to tackle this - as there seems to be some conflicting thoughts on the posts I am reading.
    Just also to note, the Claim Form shows the 'Claimant' as Link Parking Limited, but the 'Address for sending documents and payments' as Gladstones Solicitors.

What is everyones thoughts?

Thanks!
    Last edited by jaran92; 30-03-2018 at 9:55 PM. Reason: Accuracy
Page 2
    • jaran92
    • By jaran92 15th Apr 18, 6:00 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jaran92
    I didn't say nobody helped - I meant there was no specific guidance IN the TMA. I read through it.
    So - what I'm getting at is that I've already mentioned there wasn't adequate signage so there is not really much else in regard to specifics about being on the other side of the road I can mention...
    I will also look at Tsgrd2016.

I am simply asking if there is anything else I should mention.
    • jaran92
    • By jaran92 15th Apr 18, 6:03 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jaran92
    Does Tsgrd 2016 definitely apply to PPC's? There isn't an alternative guidelines for them specifically in regard to signage?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Apr 18, 6:16 PM
    • 6,712 Posts
    • 5,935 Thanks
    KeithP
    Does Tsgrd 2016 definitely apply to PPC's? There isn't an alternative guidelines for them specifically in regard to signage?
    Originally posted by jaran92
    No there isn't anything specific to PPC's signage.

It's just that TSRGD2016 gives specifics for road signs and therefore is a good starting point for arguing that the PPC's signs are not good enough.
    • jaran92
    • By jaran92 15th Apr 18, 6:20 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jaran92
    Okay - I'll look at that and maybe reference that they haven't applied those guidelines when creating the signs.

I've also realised that they haven't got my birth name (which the car and my driving licence is registered as) correct on all their correspondence and as such on the claim. So that's now going in as a point to disregard the whole claim - they can't have got my information from the DVLA.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 15th Apr 18, 6:29 PM
    • 2,315 Posts
    • 2,760 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    That doesn't make the claim invalid. Just means they cannot use pofa to hold you liable as keeper.
    As regards tsgrd and tma, make it clear you acknowledge that these have no bearing on private land, but they create standards that any motorist could expect to be followed on private land. Especially where signage is deficient
    Last edited by nosferatu1001; 15-04-2018 at 6:50 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,097Posts Today

8,287Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin