Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Haz29
    • By Haz29 28th Mar 18, 7:46 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Haz29
    Selling house before 6 months
    • 28th Mar 18, 7:46 PM
    Selling house before 6 months 28th Mar 18 at 7:46 PM
    So basically bought my bungalow last month and fell out of love with it. Have not even moved into it and not planning on. And circumstances changed from when i first started the buying process meaning i no longer need to move out . And in future will want a property closer to home.
    So i heard i cannot sell within 6 months. How does that work? I cannot advertise until 6 months are up or is it so the completion date has to be atleast 6 months after i bought it so for example i can put it on the market after 5 months?
    How does it work ? I really need help with this topic its really bothering me now
    Thanks
Page 3
    • societys child
    • By societys child 9th Apr 18, 6:27 PM
    • 5,198 Posts
    • 5,734 Thanks
    societys child
    So much negativity in the replies.

It took 15 days to buy the house I currently own and live in.

My son bought his house with no problems even though it had changed owners only 4 months previously. He did ok, bought a bit cheaper then similar houses were going for, and the vendor made a few shillings on the deal as well, (and he needed a mortgage)

You can't believe everything you read on the interweb . . .
    Last edited by societys child; 09-04-2018 at 6:30 PM.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,980Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin