Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 28th Mar 18, 9:45 AM
    • 9,312Posts
    • 22,170Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Forum updates
    • 28th Mar 18, 9:45 AM
    Forum updates 28th Mar 18 at 9:45 AM
    Hi folks

We wanted to let you know about a few changes we’ll be making over the coming weeks to help keep the forum secure. Some of them may affect the way you use the Forum.

Switching the Forum to HTTPS (unsecure url message)

Some of you have noticed the phrase “unsecure url” in your address bar. We’re working now on switching the forum to HTTPS, which will mean that message will no longer show, and aiming to go live with it in April. This will involve turning the forum off for a few hours overnight while it’s set live. We’ll let you know closer to the time when this will be.

Turning off old forum versions

Work to switch the forum to HTTPS needs to be done on all versions (skins) of the forum. To reduce the time and resource it takes to make the switch we need to switch off some of those old forum skins and migrate the forum members who are on them to a newer skin (the one prior to the new blue skin). This will affect around 1,000 of you. You will still be on an old, green version of the Forum and will, of course, still be able to choose to switch to the newest, blue version if you decide to. We’re sorry this may affect your use of the Forum. Our priority, though, has to be the security of the site.

Facebook login

Facebook is making changes to the way Facebook log-in works in April. At this time we’ve taken the decision to remove the ability to log into the Forum via Facebook.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MSE Forum Team.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 15
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 15th Apr 18, 6:55 AM
    • 25,378 Posts
    • 12,595 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    Thank you Painkiller in post#8.
    I followed your links - thanks and I'm back to stretchy.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • VoucherMan
    • By VoucherMan 15th Apr 18, 7:27 AM
    • 2,538 Posts
    • 5,021 Thanks
    VoucherMan
    And the same can be done without an extra add-on.
    Originally posted by tronator
    Already noted on the other thread.

• sbirks23
    • By sbirks23 15th Apr 18, 8:29 AM
    • 661 Posts
    • 33,947 Thanks
    sbirks23
    EASY to change layout, link in signature
    I've put Painkillers link in my signature so everyone who sees my posts can become aware there are other layout options that are easy to use. I didn't realise there's such a quick and easy solution for nearly all the browsers including Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Whilst looking at max width, I also noticed the declutter style so have applied both and it's now so much easier to skim read through and much less scrolling, saving potential RSI! THANK YOU PAINKILLER

MSE Andrea, it's such a simple change in the code for your web developers, just change 1000px to 100pc which changes the width from pixels to percent and therefore automatically resizes to whatever screen ANYONE is using, it even looks like it could be a typo from the developer! Surely this can be done to please EVERYONE regardless of screen size as then we'll all benefit and much less bad feedback regarding the new site design?

Please consider this...
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! If helpful please thank me Won gym,BAFTA vip,£75,tan,soundbar,signed cookbook,tix,duplo,facewash,Bodyshop,Lindt,Prevage ,Everiche,disney,dvd,supplements,perfume,Topshop makeup + other prizes
    • prowla
    • By prowla 15th Apr 18, 12:30 PM
    • 10,118 Posts
    • 8,356 Thanks
    prowla
    Stretchy no workee on green fixed style for me.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 15th Apr 18, 8:29 PM
    • 5,756 Posts
    • 5,643 Thanks
    DoaM
    Stretchy workee fine for me.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • LadyMorticia
    • By LadyMorticia 20th Apr 18, 11:37 AM
    • 19,143 Posts
    • 87,018 Thanks
    LadyMorticia
    Thanks Tigs for posting about Painkiller's fix. All working and back to stretchy! The large amount of white space was really annoying me!
    January wins: *4 piece bamboo towel bale* *Winter Wonderland break*
    Win £2018 in £2018: £816.26/£2018
    • custardy
    • By custardy 20th Apr 18, 11:43 AM
    • 34,142 Posts
    • 29,020 Thanks
    custardy
    I've put Painkillers link in my signature so everyone who sees my posts can become aware there are other layout options that are easy to use. I didn't realise there's such a quick and easy solution for nearly all the browsers including Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Whilst looking at max width, I also noticed the declutter style so have applied both and it's now so much easier to skim read through and much less scrolling, saving potential RSI! THANK YOU PAINKILLER

MSE Andrea, it's such a simple change in the code for your web developers, just change 1000px to 100pc which changes the width from pixels to percent and therefore automatically resizes to whatever screen ANYONE is using, it even looks like it could be a typo from the developer! Surely this can be done to please EVERYONE regardless of screen size as then we'll all benefit and much less bad feedback regarding the new site design?

Please consider this...
    Originally posted by sbirks23
    Not anymore it seems...
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 20th Apr 18, 11:53 AM
    • 6,163 Posts
    • 2,796 Thanks
    LeeUK
    Now got green back to stretchy with the Stylish Addon on Opera.

All worky now.
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 28th Apr 18, 7:31 PM
    • 5,834 Posts
    • 5,179 Thanks
    mgdavid
    Not anymore it seems...
    Originally posted by custardy
    well, post #8 is by seven-day-weekend, not Painkiller although the latter is still a regular poster.
    #Did MSE delete it for being too helpful?
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
    • VoucherMan
    • By VoucherMan 29th Apr 18, 8:05 AM
    • 2,538 Posts
    • 5,021 Thanks
    VoucherMan
    well, post #8 is by seven-day-weekend, not Painkiller although the latter is still a regular poster.
    #Did MSE delete it for being too helpful?
    Originally posted by mgdavid
    Possibly referring to Painkiller's post 8 on the other topic https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74151687&postcount=8

As for links in signatures. I expect they were deleted for being against forum rules

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,977Posts Today

7,598Users online

Martin's Twitter