Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • diggingdude
    • By diggingdude 27th Mar 18, 10:36 PM
    • 385Posts
    • 491Thanks
    diggingdude
    PIP Home assessment
    • 27th Mar 18, 10:36 PM
    PIP Home assessment 27th Mar 18 at 10:36 PM
    Hello I applied for PIP for the first time early this year. They have come back with an appointment for next week at my home. I did not request a home assessment and believed them to be as rare as hens teeth. I was wondering, do they do more practical tests at home than in an office, will they want to see my bedroom etc? Sorry if its a crazy question, I'm just quite surprised by it.

Many thanks all

Edit - I have upper and lower limb nerve damage/metal plates following an accident and surgery. Maybe they think the journey would be hell, but I thought their aim was to punish you as much as possible in these assessment days
    House Deposit - Target 20000 April 2019
    Current Savings - 10225 13121.22 14621.22 16021 17296
Page 2
    • diggingdude
    • By diggingdude 3rd Apr 18, 7:38 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 491 Thanks
    diggingdude
    You can ring DWP in a few days time to ask them to send you a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as mostly they go with that report. It's also a good thing to have if the decision doesn't go in your favour, it's handy for the Mandatory Reconsideration.

Decision times vary wildly across the country and it really depends on backlog in your area. Some wait a couple of weeks while others wait 8 or more weeks. There really isn't any timescales. A lot of HCP's will tell people 4 weeks but they really have no idea, the same as anyone else.

Good luck.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    Yes figured I would give them a ring some time next week. It was an 11 week wait from application to assessment so I imagine we are not doing too bad in this part of the world
    • diggingdude
    • By diggingdude 10th Apr 18, 11:04 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 491 Thanks
    diggingdude
    So I phoned up yesterday to ask for a copy of the assessors report having had a text from DWP that they had received it. When speaking to a very nice chap on phone he admitted that the form isn't showing as there on the system. Lets hope it hasn't gone missing

Sadly nerve conduction tests today showed no improvement from 3 months ago so that will be further evidence if i have to challenge it. Annoyingly after being off for just under 6 months with next to no physiotherapy, now i have returned to work i have a new physio I met today who wants to sign me up to all sorts over the next 12 months. Lets hope work are understanding
    • diggingdude
    • By diggingdude 24th Apr 18, 8:03 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 491 Thanks
    diggingdude
    So got the decision. Higher rate daily living and lower rate mobility. Im surprised as would have thought it would be the other way round. 2 points off higher rate mobility, didn't need it for a mobility car though so dont see the point in challenging anything
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

126Posts Today

1,451Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin