Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sandragill108
    • By Sandragill108 27th Mar 18, 10:34 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sandragill108
    Scottish Power not sending death refund
    • 27th Mar 18, 10:34 AM
    Scottish Power not sending death refund 27th Mar 18 at 10:34 AM
    My mother died on Feb 9th and after clearing her flat I supplied a meter reading on 19th Feb. Since then I have been trying to get a refund of 106 They claimed it had been sent to her account on 19th Feb and was available on 22nd. My mothers account was frozen and RBS have checked twice and nothing has been sent. The account was still allowing pay in until 28th Feb.
    Scottish power claim it will be in a suspended account and it was up to me to get it. RBS say no they do not have this money.
    I have raised a complaint and Karen at Scottish Power who is handling it says she has phoned me but no call has come and I have answer phone.
    Now an email asking me again to contact my bank.
    I asked to speak to Karen direct instead of through a 3rd party. She should have called last evening but nothing.
    What should I do I am so annoyed with this terrible service. It is costing me on phone calls that take ages to answer.
Page 1
    • benten69
    • By benten69 27th Mar 18, 2:28 PM
    • 325 Posts
    • 1,326 Thanks
    benten69
    • 27th Mar 18, 2:28 PM
    • 27th Mar 18, 2:28 PM
    Take it up with the Energy Ombudsman if you are not getting anywhere with their internal complaints dept.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy
    Emergency Fund - 100% Complete | Motorcycle Fund - 2.2% Complete
    New Kit Fund - 0% Complete | Touring Fund - 0% Complete
    Mortgage Sept '15: -161,250 | Mar '18: -151,288.12

• Scottish Power
    • 29th Mar 18, 8:33 AM
    • 29th Mar 18, 8:33 AM
    Hi Sandra - firstly, I am so sorry for your loss. I would like to help get this sorted for you - if you could please email me directly on social@scottishpower.com and confirm the ScottishPower Account Details (Full Name, Account Number, Date of Birth and Full Address), I will look into this and help to get it escalated - Thanks, Fraser
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Sandragill108
    • By Sandragill108 16th Apr 18, 10:06 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sandragill108
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:06 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:06 AM
    Cheque has just arrived thank you all for your help
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

738Posts Today

6,124Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin