Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PennineAcute
    • By PennineAcute 27th Mar 18, 6:35 AM
    • 221Posts
    • 99Thanks
    PennineAcute
    Utility Point
    • 27th Mar 18, 6:35 AM
    Utility Point 27th Mar 18 at 6:35 AM
    Use this link to get 25 credit to your energy account.

If there is nothing in the referral code box, just enter Violet7291

https://www.utilitypoint.co.uk/?refer_token=Violet7291

13 Sept. Link is still valid
    Last edited by PennineAcute; 13-09-2018 at 4:24 PM.
Page 6
    • janzetec1
    • By janzetec1 30th Jul 18, 11:37 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    janzetec1
    Nothing on my account yet but I think it is the last code on here. I have only recently found out how to put a referral code on this site..
    I expect the waiting time to be at least 8 weeks or maybe longer before anyone receives a reward because, anyone using a code has to wait until their utility account is switched over to Utility Point and opened.

See below: This was my answer to how long I waited for twenty five pound when I switched account, I used a code from here,

>>>>Thank you. Just checked. There is 25 in my account which was awarded for using one of the codes posted on here when I signed up for Utility Point.
    It was awarded to my account 7 days after my first direct debit was taken out, so I did not wait too long. Hope all goes well for everyone<<<<
    Last edited by janzetec1; 06-08-2018 at 11:32 AM. Reason: answering another part of question
    • zzzatang
    • By zzzatang 31st Jul 18, 9:41 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    zzzatang
    Referral NOT Tracking - dont rely on codes from this forum
    Hello Charles. I used this code and it worked. Unfortunately, I never got the credit and utility points are asking me for the account number of the person with this code. Do you know who it belonged to on here? I would just hate for him/her and me to miss out on the 25 each! Ta ever so...
    Originally posted by Moneysaverexpert

I am in similar situation. Never got the credit. I remember using referral URL and also entering the code in the form while registering for Utility Point.

However, when I called them last week, they said their system doesnt show that I was referred or that I entered a referral code ! (thats daylight robbery). They asked me to produce the "full name" and "email address" of the referrer to prove I know the referrer and that person had referred me!
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 31st Jul 18, 9:59 AM
    • 1,630 Posts
    • 1,270 Thanks
    bxboards
    Are people who are sharing these codes getting the 25 credit, and if so how long did it take??
    Originally posted by FastFreddie
    I joined before they did referals so did not qualify for a sign-up but my code has been on this thread for a while - either no one has used it (which is disappointing for a longstanding member who actually contributes here vs. all the 1 shot new posters), or they've not been credited.

Perhaps they only want genuine friends referrals?
    • vision2009
    • By vision2009 31st Jul 18, 11:51 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    vision2009
    Their own website says to quote
    "Spread the word on any social media platform and be rewarded for every single switch that uses your personalized code and joins our growing community."
    Nothing in there about having to know the person or be a friend.
    • groovygraham
    • By groovygraham 2nd Aug 18, 1:38 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    groovygraham
    Hi.
    Just switched over to them on 1st August as SSE wanted 180 a year more over previous 12 month fix! Just hope it doesn't go like a certain energy company that failed a few days ago.

Here is my referral code i received. Feel free to use it.

Cheers Graham
    Green41579
    I've joined Utility Point and saved money on my energy. They provide a dedicated and personalised service and work together with their customers to ensure our utilities work around our lifestyle. If you join too we both get 25 credit towards our energy plus they actually reward loyalty!
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 2nd Aug 18, 8:03 PM
    • 7,786 Posts
    • 3,818 Thanks
    Stompa
    FWIW I went live on the 1st, and nothing here either. I emailed them about it a few days ago, but have so far had no response.
    Originally posted by Stompa
    Well, to my surprise, I've just received an email saying referral credit has been added to my account. It seems to only be 25 though. I've no idea whether that is from the referral code I used at sign up, or somebody on this thread who said they'd used my code. Oh well, it's better than nothing I guess!
    Stompa
    • FastFreddie
    • By FastFreddie 3rd Aug 18, 10:30 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    FastFreddie
    Well, to my surprise, I've just received an email saying referral credit has been added to my account. It seems to only be 25 though. I've no idea whether that is from the referral code I used at sign up, or somebody on this thread who said they'd used my code. Oh well, it's better than nothing I guess!
    Originally posted by Stompa

Well that gives the rest of us waiting on the credit a glimmer of hope.

Did you have to chase it up or provide them with your "friends" details at all??

Im hoping I receive an email soon too as I went live on the 10th.
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 3rd Aug 18, 11:32 AM
    • 7,786 Posts
    • 3,818 Thanks
    Stompa
    Did you have to chase it up or provide them with your "friends" details at all??
    Originally posted by FastFreddie
    No, though I did include the referral code I used at sign up. I simply emailed them asking when I could expect to see the expected referral credit in my account.
    Last edited by Stompa; 03-08-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    Stompa
    • janzetec1
    • By janzetec1 6th Aug 18, 12:06 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    janzetec1
    Utility Point
    Sorry the terms and conditions on the Utility Point website says the actual link has to be used.
    New members are being prevented on here from posting their actual link. We have no chance of getting the 25 for referring anyone. Very unfair. Sorry but unable to post my referral link.

How many post do you have to have before being able to post and actual Token or link? This is a genuine question, I do hope my post is not removed.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 6th Aug 18, 12:38 PM
    • 34,072 Posts
    • 40,192 Thanks
    Browntoa
    The forum does not publish the threshold that allows you to post links as it would assist spammers.

You can edit your original post with your link , just Change https part to hxxp .... Or leave that part off
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 6th Aug 18, 10:26 PM
    • 7,786 Posts
    • 3,818 Thanks
    Stompa
    Sorry the terms and conditions on the Utility Point website says the actual link has to be used.
    Originally posted by janzetec1
    If that really is the case, then it seems rather bizarre that the form you fill in to do the switch contains a section which says:

Referral
    If you have a referral code enter it here
    [example: Red1077]
    Stompa
    • doctorpain
    • By doctorpain 7th Aug 18, 2:02 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    doctorpain
    My Utility Point account opened on 10th June, my referral credit appeared in my account on 4th July
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Aug 18, 5:16 PM
    • 34,072 Posts
    • 40,192 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Several reposts deleted

Only post your referral once in the thread

Do not delete your earlier post and repost ( I can see your deleted posts)
    Originally posted by Browntoa

And people still ignorantly doing this

Deleted
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • lorenzom
    • By lorenzom 21st Aug 18, 4:32 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lorenzom
    Name and Email
    Hi

Looks like utility Point is asking for the full name and email of the person who supplied the referral code. If you're willing to share this, please can you send me a direct message and I'll use your code

Thanks
    Lorenzo
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 21st Aug 18, 7:24 PM
    • 1,630 Posts
    • 1,270 Thanks
    bxboards
    Hi

Looks like utility Point is asking for the full name and email of the person who supplied the referral code. If you're willing to share this, please can you send me a direct message and I'll use your code

Thanks
    Lorenzo
    Originally posted by lorenzom
    IMHO anyone sending a total stranger personal info just because they ask for it on a forum is totally nuts.

I've had some successful referrals and this info has not been required from me or the person I've referred, and nor is this mentioned anywhere in the referral scheme.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 23rd Aug 18, 8:24 PM
    • 34,072 Posts
    • 40,192 Thanks
    Browntoa
    If your posts been deleted read post 115.....
    • dannyrado
    • By dannyrado 27th Aug 18, 4:32 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    dannyrado
    If your posts been deleted read post 115.....
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    Post 112 is a violation then...
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 27th Aug 18, 5:36 PM
    • 34,072 Posts
    • 40,192 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Post 112 is a violation then...
    Originally posted by dannyrado
    Made up code for example , not real code
    • apc1
    • By apc1 28th Aug 18, 3:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    apc1
    Name & UPD Ref/E-mail
    Hi,

I'm in a similar boat to Lorenzo...require referrers name and either UPD reference or e-mail address. If you're willing to share this info please PM me.

Thanks,
    Alan
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 28th Aug 18, 5:41 PM
    • 34,072 Posts
    • 40,192 Thanks
    Browntoa
    IMHO anyone sending a total stranger personal info just because they ask for it on a forum is totally nuts.

I've had some successful referrals and this info has not been required from me or the person I've referred, and nor is this mentioned anywhere in the referral scheme.
    Originally posted by bxboards
    And as before ........this information is not required in the referral scheme
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,551Posts Today

5,955Users online

Martin's Twitter