Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • yeke
    • By yeke 26th Mar 18, 11:13 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 1Thanks
    yeke
    Equita and Take formal notice
    • 26th Mar 18, 11:13 PM
    Equita and Take formal notice 26th Mar 18 at 11:13 PM
    I am worried about giving too much detail about my situation ( because I think they are not many people in my situation) and because of the warning that Equita people are reading the posts here as well. The details below is a short and incomplete summary of my case.

I have received from Equita a Take formal notice letter for unpaid parking charge from ParkingEye. I don't remember any unpaid parking charge ( I would normally pay them). The letter is not telling me where and when the unpaid charge come from.
    My question is should I do something or ignore it? Is this letter to be taken as first notice and should I enquire about the charges? Am I going to awake a sleeping dog?

In the last years I have changed my address many times ( and have only recently updated DVLA). So probably that is the reason that I have not received anything previously.

Anyway could I ask some help in private? I am not sure if that is possible in a forum environment.
    So all help is appreciated.
Page 4
    • yeke
    • By yeke 30th Jun 18, 9:21 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    yeke
    The update was about Friday when I started phoning the council from 9 am till 4pm.
    I have accepted the penalty and hope to get out of this with the least trouble now I know this is about a PCN. I am doing the steps that I have read on pepipoo (except for paying).

My original post is still valid and if I receive something about that ( now Equita knows that I live on my current address) I will come back to you if that is okay. I am expecting for Equita to start chasing their other bills which I still don't know what it is for.
    Last edited by yeke; 30-06-2018 at 9:29 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 30th Jun 18, 9:44 PM
    • 63,839 Posts
    • 76,487 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I say you should NOT have 'paid' it, if you paid a smaller sum to the Council that's not over. Should have asked pepipoo first. There might have been scope to get the TEC to reset this to appeal stage, sixty quid or whatever.

You said in one post you'd paid it and now you haven't?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • yeke
    • By yeke 30th Jun 18, 11:13 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    yeke
    Hi Coupon-mad. I have paid 98 via the council website. I am considering to pay all of the sum if it is 173 (98 and 75) via Equita. Some people on pepipoo said that paying is not a bad option for 173. I am also preparing an Out of Time statement to have process started again, but more likely they are not going to accept my OOT because I should have updated my address with DVLA.
    • yeke
    • By yeke 5th Jul 18, 11:25 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    yeke
    I have closed the council PCN case and paid 98 and 75. I didn't want to do the Out of Time statement. It may have worked if I had not paid the 98 via the council website, but I was a bit scared after all the posts... To be clear I am not accusing anybody for their advice. No I am grateful and posting this so someone else can learn from this.

To go back to my original post, and to be on the safe side, I am posting one of the letters which started this post. Is it possible to look at this letter and give advice. Is it safe to ignore this as per the original advice?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vcYDcdpWJxGOHlyM58me5OSm2d9aNBdZ/view?usp=sharing
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Jul 18, 11:32 PM
    • 10,600 Posts
    • 10,983 Thanks
    KeithP
    As advised earlier, you can ignore debt collector's letters about private parking incidents.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

335Posts Today

4,835Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning. I'm on my way to @GMB for my 7:40 Deals of the Week this week including hot BT fibre broadband deal, easyj? https://t.co/FWWMrk8dg8

• "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Follow Martin