Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • yeke
    • By yeke 26th Mar 18, 11:13 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    yeke
    Equita and Take formal notice
    • 26th Mar 18, 11:13 PM
    Equita and Take formal notice 26th Mar 18 at 11:13 PM
    I am worried about giving too much detail about my situation ( because I think they are not many people in my situation) and because of the warning that Equita people are reading the posts here as well. The details below is a short and incomplete summary of my case.

I have received from Equita a Take formal notice letter for unpaid parking charge from ParkingEye. I don't remember any unpaid parking charge ( I would normally pay them). The letter is not telling me where and when the unpaid charge come from.
    My question is should I do something or ignore it? Is this letter to be taken as first notice and should I enquire about the charges? Am I going to awake a sleeping dog?

In the last years I have changed my address many times ( and have only recently updated DVLA). So probably that is the reason that I have not received anything previously.

Anyway could I ask some help in private? I am not sure if that is possible in a forum environment.
    So all help is appreciated.
Page 2
    • fil cad
    • By fil cad 10th Apr 18, 8:43 PM
    • 765 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    fil cad
    To update the people who are giving me advice.

I have received another Take Formal Notice letter from Equita. I presume similar advice (ignore) is still the case?
    Originally posted by yeke
    Be strong they thrive on people who cave in and fill up their grubby bank account
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue.
    • yeke
    • By yeke 10th Apr 18, 10:56 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yeke
    Thanks I will keep updating the forum if there are new developments.
    • yeke
    • By yeke 21st Apr 18, 7:43 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yeke
    Now I have received a "Final Notice" from Equita. That was only 1 week after the previous Take Formal Notice.
    Any ideas what next I can expect and when?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 21st Apr 18, 7:59 PM
    • 7,261 Posts
    • 6,782 Thanks
    KeithP
    Yeke, we really don't need to know about debt collector's letters.

You know how to deal with them and that's all that matters.

As to your question... it is futile to guess.
    Go back and re-read some of the answers you have already received.

What was the response you received from your MP?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 21st Apr 18, 8:30 PM
    • 7,358 Posts
    • 9,797 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Now I have received a "Final Notice" from Equita. That was only 1 week after the previous Take Formal Notice.
    Any ideas what next I can expect and when?
    The bully boys in action again .... scary scary ... but as
    they are only debt collectors you ignore them, let them
    waste their time

Interesting little line from them ....
    Take Formal Notice

They pinched that from Donald Trump when he was shooting
    tweets to Kim

Now you wait to see what PE will do
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • yeke
    • By yeke 23rd Apr 18, 6:52 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yeke
    Not really related to this but I have received another letter from PE directly about a parking charge from 2016. PE tells me that my address was supplied by a Credit Reference Agency (because I had not updated DVLA)

Any idea which Credit Reference Agency is doing this or is this now common practice?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 23rd Apr 18, 6:56 PM
    • 7,261 Posts
    • 6,782 Thanks
    KeithP
    Any idea which Credit Reference Agency is doing this or is this now common practice?
    It's a common practice. Could be any one of them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

122Posts Today

1,699Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin