Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LilBec
    • By LilBec 26th Mar 18, 9:01 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 0Thanks
    LilBec
    A question about cctv camera enforcement smart car
    • 26th Mar 18, 9:01 PM
    A question about cctv camera enforcement smart car 26th Mar 18 at 9:01 PM
    Does anyone know if these can record whilst moving or whether they have to be stationary?
    Today i turned the wrong way out of a car park. I only realised once driving in it that i had turned into a bus lane/bus only road. There was only the one lane so i couldn't move out of it and nowhere to turn so didnt have much choice. In just typical fashion a car marked "parking enforcement" drove past me the other way (its not bus only in the other direction) so I'm wondering if a ticket is heading my way. I was in the bus lane so i am at fault, but will still be really annoyed if i get a ticket coz it was a genuine mistake! Having said that i dont know if these cars do bus lanes as well or just parking. Its bolton area if that makes a difference.
    Thanks for any responses.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 26th Mar 18, 9:15 PM
    • 26,776 Posts
    • 35,033 Thanks
    Redx
    • 26th Mar 18, 9:15 PM
    • 26th Mar 18, 9:15 PM
    SMART do not use CCTV , they use ANPR cameras on the entrance/exit that take still pictures to record the number plate and the time of entry and exit

if there was a council run bus lane then they may have recorded the error so keep an eye on your postbox
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 26th Mar 18, 10:01 PM
    • 4,946 Posts
    • 6,374 Thanks
    Johno100
    • 26th Mar 18, 10:01 PM
    • 26th Mar 18, 10:01 PM
    SMART do not use CCTV , they use ANPR cameras on the entrance/exit that take still pictures to record the number plate and the time of entry and exit
    Originally posted by Redx
    I suspect the OP is referring to a Smart Car an automotive marque rather than Smart Parking Ltd

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Mar 18, 11:58 PM
    • 80,692 Posts
    • 95,221 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 26th Mar 18, 11:58 PM
    • 26th Mar 18, 11:58 PM
    Does anyone know if these can record whilst moving
    Yes they can. If you get a Council PCN, go to pepipoo (no Hotmail emails there):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • DaisyWay
    • By DaisyWay 14th Jan 20, 8:18 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DaisyWay
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:18 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:18 PM
    Was just wondering i was driving down a road and CCTV Smart Car was behind next. Do they record cars while moving off? They was originally parked at a school then moved off just a little behind me??
    • DaisyWay
    • By DaisyWay 14th Jan 20, 8:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DaisyWay
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:27 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 8:27 PM
    Was they recording me? Or is it just for the schools ect
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Jan 20, 10:17 PM
    • 26,583 Posts
    • 43,669 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:17 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:17 PM
    Was just wondering i was driving down a road and CCTV Smart Car was behind next. Do they record cars while moving off? They was originally parked at a school then moved off just a little behind me??
    Originally posted by DaisyWay
    Was they recording me? Or is it just for the schools ect
    Originally posted by DaisyWay
    Why, why, why has this thread, which is almost two years old, been resurrected with a random, lacking-in-detail query?

We have no idea whether 'they was recording you'. Who are 'they'?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

95Posts Today

1,248Users online

Martin's Twitter