Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pidge04
    • By pidge04 26th Mar 18, 6:18 PM
    • 29Posts
    • 26Thanks
    pidge04
    I want to believe I can do this!
    • 26th Mar 18, 6:18 PM
    I want to believe I can do this! 26th Mar 18 at 6:18 PM
    Is this how I start a diary? I don't know whether anyone would want to read it but I hope it will keep me focussed and on track to becoming debt free. I am inspired by the diaries I've read here and would welcome advice when I get started.
Page 2
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 6th Apr 18, 5:39 PM
    • 6,248 Posts
    • 12,364 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    What interest rates\fees are you paying for your credit cards and overdrafts?

Boosting your income would be a big help.

Was the loan a consolidation loan of old debt? How come you have two overdrafts?

Good luck on getting rid of the debt.
    Debt free and mortgage free and early retiree. Living the dream

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • pidge04
    • By pidge04 14th Apr 18, 7:10 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    pidge04
    It has been difficult to find the time to post recently but I'm back and determined.

In response to Enthusiastic Saver, I am absolutely horrified to discover the interest rate on my Barclaycard is 25%. I've looked at it before but I don't think it registered that it was that high. What can I do about that?

Both of my overdrafts cost 9 a month. So 18 a month.

Yes, it is a consolidation loan. That's very much been my pattern of behaviour I'm afraid.

I have an overdraft on my current account and an overdraft on our bills account (in my name).

I've picked up some bits from around the home to sell and I am making progress with setting up my training sideline.

My plan is to reduce my debt by 1500 by the summer.

Best wishes everyone.
    • pidge04
    • By pidge04 14th Apr 18, 7:35 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    pidge04
    End of April - end of May

Rent and bills 550
    Loan 227
    Car 166
    Professional fees 20
    Car insurance 25
    Phone 17
    Child care costs 80
    New tyre 50
    Petrol 40
    O/D fee 9
    Hoover 30
    Hair 20

HSBC CC 100
    Barclaycard CC 150 + 50 from eBay sales

I'm going to ask my husband to take over my grocery shopping for the next 3 months. I will menu plan carefully. I will steer well-clear of supermarkets. No party invites so far and no family birthdays. Will use the 5 pocket money my parents give my daughter each week for presents if there are any party invites.

Actions:
    1. Book car service for the following month with a view to changing car/reducing car payment.
    2. Find out about work taking over professional fee.
    3. Sell things from around the home.
    4. Get dates booked in for delivering training and boosting income.

Dear Debt Free Diary friends, is this completely unrealistic?! Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    • pidge04
    • By pidge04 14th Apr 18, 7:41 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    pidge04
    14th April 2018
    Loan 6598
    CC1 2354
    CC2 2695
    OD1 1000
    OD2 750
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,014Posts Today

6,622Users online

Martin's Twitter