Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 25th Mar 18, 12:30 PM
    • 3,801Posts
    • 16,780Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    F1 2018
    • 25th Mar 18, 12:30 PM
    F1 2018 25th Mar 18 at 12:30 PM
    I bet Lewis was a bit peeved! Boring race until that stunning pit stop, did not see that coming. Was surprised at how long the VSC was in place before the actual came out, there didn't seem to be any attempt by the marshals to hurry up to clear the car. Did feel for the Haas drivers considering they had done so well in quali.
    A smile costs little but creates much
Page 5
    • colinw
    • By colinw 30th Jul 18, 2:36 PM
    • 53,851 Posts
    • 148,953 Thanks
    colinw
    No, have a NowTV thingy which I paid about 10 for a few years ago & it allows me the option to connect to various options, some free, some at a cost. A 24hr sports pass is 8, ok maybe a bit expensive for a day, but much cheaper than contributing to Sky for services I don't have the time to use or wach.
    Originally posted by Gettingtherequickly
    I agree with you mind treating yourself to the races as you can not take your money with you, me however there is a reason I am on MSE so that is a bit steep for me! unless it was a title decided of course or maybe towards the end of the season with an important race. This season has been a good one though in general, some good racing from the back.
    • Labsuper
    • By Labsuper 25th Aug 18, 3:05 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    Labsuper
    Hamilton in the wet...superb! Hope it rains tomorrow.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 26th Aug 18, 2:49 AM
    • 53,851 Posts
    • 148,953 Thanks
    colinw
    Hamilton in the wet...superb! Hope it rains tomorrow.
    Originally posted by Labsuper
    He is the master of the rain! He must be doing rain dances
    • worldtraveller
    • By worldtraveller 26th Aug 18, 1:52 PM
    • 12,062 Posts
    • 24,498 Thanks
    worldtraveller
    Spa is my favourite circuit for F1. It's wonderful, and a massive tester of driving skills.

Bring it on!
    Last edited by worldtraveller; 26-08-2018 at 1:55 PM.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 26th Aug 18, 1:54 PM
    • 19,880 Posts
    • 46,023 Thanks
    peachyprice
    !
    Bring on the rain!
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • worldtraveller
    • By worldtraveller 26th Aug 18, 1:57 PM
    • 12,062 Posts
    • 24,498 Thanks
    worldtraveller
    Bring on the rain!
    Originally posted by peachyprice

I'd love to see rain too!
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
    • worldtraveller
    • By worldtraveller 26th Aug 18, 2:15 PM
    • 12,062 Posts
    • 24,498 Thanks
    worldtraveller
    AMAZING start for Vettel!
    Great racing!
    Loving it!
    Last edited by worldtraveller; 26-08-2018 at 2:19 PM.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 2nd Sep 18, 4:53 PM
    • 53,851 Posts
    • 148,953 Thanks
    colinw
    Sounds like another brilliant drive by Hamilton! And he does not have the fastest car now, near perfect drive and at the home of Ferrari
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 2nd Sep 18, 4:57 PM
    • 19,880 Posts
    • 46,023 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Brilliant race. Beautiful racecraft from Kimi and Hamilton, shame the same can't be said for Vettel and Verstappen.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • colinw
    • By colinw 2nd Sep 18, 5:11 PM
    • 53,851 Posts
    • 148,953 Thanks
    colinw
    Brilliant race. Beautiful racecraft from Kimi and Hamilton, shame the same can't be said for Vettel and Verstappen.
    Vettel is moaning Hamilton left him no room suprise surprise
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 3rd Sep 18, 9:16 AM
    • 19,880 Posts
    • 46,023 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Vettel is moaning Hamilton left him no room suprise surprise
    Originally posted by colinw
    It was a typical Vettesl under pressure move, Lewis followed the line of the track smoothly, Vettel was the one moving around! Hopefully he'll review the footage and see the error of his ways. I don't hold out much hope of him winning the championship now Lewis is in his head, he really doesn't perform well under pressure.

As for Max 'where was I supposed to go' Verstappen. How about all that track he had to the right! I can't believe he gave up a chance of 4th out of sheer bloody mindedness. If he'd have stopped defending against Bottas he could have made more than a 5 sec gap to Vettel, what an idiot.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 3rd Sep 18, 9:19 AM
    • 53,851 Posts
    • 148,953 Thanks
    colinw
    It was a typical Vettesl under pressure move, Lewis followed the line of the track smoothly, Vettel was the one moving around! Hopefully he'll review the footage and see the error of his ways. I don't hold out much hope of him winning the championship now Lewis is in his head, he really doesn't perform well under pressure.

As for Max 'where was I supposed to go' Verstappen. How about all that track he had to the right! I can't believe he gave up a chance of 4th out of sheer bloody mindedness. If he'd have stopped defending against Bottas he could have made more than a 5 sec gap to Vettel, what an idiot.
    Hamilton is really proving to be a special driver this year, I think in past seasons it has been thought he just has the fastest car so should be winning the Championship, this year he is doing it without the fastest car, Vettel does not seem to be handling the pressure to well this year. It was very childish of Max the way he reacted saying he was not bothered about where he finished.
    • foxtrotoscar
    • By foxtrotoscar 15th Sep 18, 7:14 PM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 1,835 Thanks
    foxtrotoscar
    After 'qualifying' earlier today I hope Vettel now realises he's really not the best driver in F1 currently. Faultless from Hamilton.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Sep 18, 3:21 PM
    • 53,851 Posts
    • 148,953 Thanks
    colinw
    After 'qualifying' earlier today I hope Vettel now realises he's really not the best driver in F1 currently. Faultless from Hamilton.
    Originally posted by foxtrotoscar
    i did not want to comment until the race was over as the pessemist in me always expects it to go tits up, but Hamilton does seem to have stepped it up another level, only thing is I worry when things are going se well it can all shift, still 40 points is a lot to pull back in six races.
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 16th Sep 18, 4:56 PM
    • 19,880 Posts
    • 46,023 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Excellent result!!!

Oh me, oh my, Lewis has really got into Vettel's head, he's really cracking under pressure now.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 6th Oct 18, 2:30 PM
    • 53,851 Posts
    • 148,953 Thanks
    colinw
    Being the eternal pessimist it worries me how well it is all going for Hamilton, having said that if he does well tomorrow then with four races left he will almost have won the championship
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Oct 18, 6:07 PM
    • 53,851 Posts
    • 148,953 Thanks
    colinw
    To easy for Hamilton today almost certain to win it now
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 7th Oct 18, 8:31 PM
    • 3,801 Posts
    • 16,780 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    I live in hope that there may be a bit of competition
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Oct 18, 8:38 PM
    • 53,851 Posts
    • 148,953 Thanks
    colinw
    I live in hope that there may be a bit of competition
    Originally posted by Gettingtherequickly
    Maybe next year, Ferrari looked competitive this year but then Mercedes and Hamilton seemed to up their game, be interesting next year with Le Clerc at Ferrari and Max might have a faster car....
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 7th Oct 18, 8:42 PM
    • 4,973 Posts
    • 16,954 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Pressure was off with Vettel so far back, Hamilton should have pulled over to let Bottas win as a thanks for last time.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 75.1
    Total so far - 3486.4
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

119Posts Today

1,487Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin