Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 25th Mar 18, 12:30 PM
    • 3,749Posts
    • 16,486Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    F1 2018
    • 25th Mar 18, 12:30 PM
    F1 2018 25th Mar 18 at 12:30 PM
    I bet Lewis was a bit peeved! Boring race until that stunning pit stop, did not see that coming. Was surprised at how long the VSC was in place before the actual came out, there didn't seem to be any attempt by the marshals to hurry up to clear the car. Did feel for the Haas drivers considering they had done so well in quali.
    A smile costs little but creates much
Page 3
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Jul 18, 3:15 PM
    • 53,070 Posts
    • 146,975 Thanks
    colinw
    Me as well, going to watch the F2 race in a bit, but some of the England vs NZ women's ODI in the meantime.
    Originally posted by onomatopoeia99
    Well done that man! Going to be a tough race tomorrow
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 7th Jul 18, 3:54 PM
    • 19,740 Posts
    • 45,690 Thanks
    peachyprice
    So who is watching the F1 qualifying from Silverstone?.......just me then
    Originally posted by colinw
    I'm here too. Get in there Lewis!!!!!

Just watching the next upcoming Brit superstar trounce the field in F2. And baking a cake!
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Jul 18, 4:09 PM
    • 53,070 Posts
    • 146,975 Thanks
    colinw
    I'm here too. Get in there Lewis!!!!!

Just watching the next upcoming Brit superstar trounce the field in F2. And baking a cake!
    Originally posted by peachyprice
    Multi tasking at its finest! Loved the segment in the qualifying show with Mark Webber and pals driving the old cars, nice to see Murray Walker on as well
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Jul 18, 1:48 PM
    • 53,070 Posts
    • 146,975 Thanks
    colinw
    Anyone watching today? Should be a cracking race, going to be hard for Hamilton though with the two red cars behind him
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    • 53,070 Posts
    • 146,975 Thanks
    colinw
    Going to be a hot race, I reckon at last one coffee, zero sugar coke and a mini magnum will be needed
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 8th Jul 18, 2:10 PM
    • 19,740 Posts
    • 45,690 Thanks
    peachyprice
    I'm here, should be an epic race, lets hope the momentum of home fans brings our man home in 1st place.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Jul 18, 2:11 PM
    • 53,070 Posts
    • 146,975 Thanks
    colinw
    I'm here, should be an epic race, lets hope the momentum of home fans brings our man home in 1st place.
    I hope so but the start find out soon ....
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 8th Jul 18, 2:16 PM
    • 19,740 Posts
    • 45,690 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Plan B, Vettel retirement?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Jul 18, 2:19 PM
    • 53,070 Posts
    • 146,975 Thanks
    colinw
    Plan B, Vettel retirement?
    Yes thatís my faint hope now

Bit of a bummer though
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Jul 18, 2:23 PM
    • 53,070 Posts
    • 146,975 Thanks
    colinw
    In the points but I have a bad feeling about this race....
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Jul 18, 2:36 PM
    • 53,070 Posts
    • 146,975 Thanks
    colinw
    Pits stop needed for coffee and Sun
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 8th Jul 18, 2:38 PM
    • 9,525 Posts
    • 14,661 Thanks
    worried jim
    Great race so far, love to see Lewis driving from the back. He gets to demonstrate his skills rather than a procession from the front. Earning his $40m today.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Jul 18, 2:54 PM
    • 53,070 Posts
    • 146,975 Thanks
    colinw
    Great race so far, love to see Lewis driving from the back. He gets to demonstrate his skills rather than a procession from the front. Earning his $40m today.
    Originally posted by worried jim
    Only £40m poverty wages, yes he is having a good race so far considering the start
    • worldtraveller
    • By worldtraveller 8th Jul 18, 3:24 PM
    • 11,986 Posts
    • 24,229 Thanks
    worldtraveller
    As the guys on Sky said, it's looking like Vettel, Bottas, Hamilton .... BUT, what order?
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Jul 18, 3:38 PM
    • 53,070 Posts
    • 146,975 Thanks
    colinw
    This is quite a race and would not be a bad result for Hamilton considering the start, we just need that lead Ferrari to stop now
    • worldtraveller
    • By worldtraveller 8th Jul 18, 3:50 PM
    • 11,986 Posts
    • 24,229 Thanks
    worldtraveller
    It looks like Hamilton has thrown his toy's out of the pram!

Sad, especially when Kimi has been honorable enough to admit his error in the post race interviews!

It's no surprise to me really though. Despite his outward appearance, he's still a bit of a Prema donna.
    Last edited by worldtraveller; 08-07-2018 at 3:55 PM.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 8th Jul 18, 3:58 PM
    • 9,525 Posts
    • 14,661 Thanks
    worried jim

Sad, especially when Kimi has been honorable enough to admit his error in the post race interviews!

It's no surprise to me really though. Despite his outward appearance, he's still a bit of a Prema donna.
    Originally posted by worldtraveller
    It's why he will never be truly loved, he is the worst loser.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Jul 18, 4:10 PM
    • 53,070 Posts
    • 146,975 Thanks
    colinw

It's why he will never be truly loved, he is the worst loser.
    Originally posted by worried jim
    He has just stepped out of a race doing 200mph and then they want to stick a microphone in front of his face, he is a winner and would want to win the home race, you have to understand the pressure on him, what about Vettel ranting when anything goes wrong
    • worldtraveller
    • By worldtraveller 8th Jul 18, 4:19 PM
    • 11,986 Posts
    • 24,229 Thanks
    worldtraveller
    He has just stepped out of a race doing 200mph and then they want to stick a microphone in front of his face, he is a winner and would want to win the home race, you have to understand the pressure on him, what about Vettel ranting when anything goes wrong
    Originally posted by colinw
    I have to disagree Colin. There have always been post race functions, one of which is now an interview with 1st, 2nd & 3rd placed drivers. Hamilton chose to storm off in a strop.

He has obligations as a driver to the Formula One Group and his attitude today does nothing but show his arrogance.
    Last edited by worldtraveller; 08-07-2018 at 4:23 PM.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Jul 18, 4:23 PM
    • 53,070 Posts
    • 146,975 Thanks
    colinw
    I have to disagree Colin. There have always been post race functions, one of which is now an interview with 1st, 2nd & 3rd placed drivers. Hamilton chose to storm off in a strop.

He has obligations as a driver to the Formula One Group and his attitude today does nothing but show his arrogance.
    I think he was just cooling off before he said anything as itís likely he might have said something daft. It is similar to the media sticking a mic in the face of a manager straight after a game. I think Champions like Hamilton and Vettel are wired different anyway, winning is everything, glad Kimi did not get to many boos anyway, I like Kimmi.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,928Posts Today

9,506Users online

Martin's Twitter