Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 25th Mar 18, 12:30 PM
    • 3,748Posts
    • 16,480Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    F1 2018
    • 25th Mar 18, 12:30 PM
    F1 2018 25th Mar 18 at 12:30 PM
    I bet Lewis was a bit peeved! Boring race until that stunning pit stop, did not see that coming. Was surprised at how long the VSC was in place before the actual came out, there didn't seem to be any attempt by the marshals to hurry up to clear the car. Did feel for the Haas drivers considering they had done so well in quali.
    A smile costs little but creates much
Page 2
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 28th Apr 18, 9:53 AM
    • 19,735 Posts
    • 45,684 Thanks
    peachyprice
    It should be a good competitive race and live on Channel 4 I think
    Originally posted by colinw
    That's always a bonus, no Simon "back of the net" Lazenby to listen to
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • colinw
    • By colinw 28th Apr 18, 3:02 PM
    • 53,064 Posts
    • 146,966 Thanks
    colinw
    Vettel pole Hamilton 2nd should be an interesting race
    • colinw
    • By colinw 29th Apr 18, 2:39 PM
    • 53,064 Posts
    • 146,966 Thanks
    colinw
    This might be a good finish if they get going again, the painting can wait
    • colinw
    • By colinw 29th Apr 18, 3:00 PM
    • 53,064 Posts
    • 146,966 Thanks
    colinw
    Wow what a finish unlucky for Bottas though
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 29th Apr 18, 4:06 PM
    • 19,735 Posts
    • 45,684 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Goodness me what a race!

Really feel for Bottas, I would have been happy with a BOT HAM 1-2. I was jumping up and down for Perez, great to see him on the podium and thanks for putting HAM at the top of the DC!!!
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 29th Apr 18, 5:51 PM
    • 6,211 Posts
    • 20,389 Thanks
    indesisiv
    Great end to the race .. for most of the race it looked like the 2 red bulls were going to take each other off.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 29th Apr 18, 9:32 PM
    • 19,735 Posts
    • 45,684 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Great end to the race .. for most of the race it looked like the 2 red bulls were going to take each other off.
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    I surprised they lasted as long as they did!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 30th Apr 18, 8:02 AM
    • 53,064 Posts
    • 146,966 Thanks
    colinw
    It did seem likely they would, some great racing though I could not take my eyes off it, sadly I can not see them being allowed to race as hard as it can not be good for them to have all the work wiped out, they do have previous however with Vettel and Webber....great entertainment though
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 30th Apr 18, 8:15 AM
    • 6,211 Posts
    • 20,389 Thanks
    indesisiv
    Sadly I can not see them being allowed to race as hard as it can not be good for them to have all the work wiped out, they do have previous however with Vettel and Webber....great entertainment though
    I don't know, a few ground rules and they could race fine.
    I've not read any stuff from it yet, but I will be amazed if verstappen doesn't get some sort of punishment for the double movement and causing the accident.
    Verstappen just needs to reign himself in a bit and they could race fine.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 30th Apr 18, 9:00 AM
    • 3,748 Posts
    • 16,480 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    I love the Baku track, so much can happen. Although as usual I wanted Vettel to win, I was gutted for Bottas. Vettel's overtake on the restart was really good, but it was never really going to work for him. On the other hand, if it had, he could have been the one with the puncture and instead of a 4 point difference had a 16 point difference.

Verstappen & Ricciardo I think were equally to blame, but it allowed the smaller teams into the battle. So glad for Perez, gutted for Grosjean though, think he may regret blaming Ericcson!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 30th Apr 18, 9:05 AM
    • 53,064 Posts
    • 146,966 Thanks
    colinw
    I don't know, a few ground rules and they could race fine.
    I've not read any stuff from it yet, but I will be amazed if verstappen doesn't get some sort of punishment for the double movement and causing the accident.
    Verstappen just needs to reign himself in a bit and they could race fine.
    It is hard though as no defined No 1 in that team and both young and ambitious and aggressive drivers....I suppose their racing yesterday was a bit daft though.....great to watch though
    • colinw
    • By colinw 30th Apr 18, 9:06 AM
    • 53,064 Posts
    • 146,966 Thanks
    colinw
    I love the Baku track, so much can happen. Although as usual I wanted Vettel to win, I was gutted for Bottas. Vettel's overtake on the restart was really good, but it was never really going to work for him. On the other hand, if it had, he could have been the one with the puncture and instead of a 4 point difference had a 16 point difference.

Verstappen & Ricciardo I think were equally to blame, but it allowed the smaller teams into the battle. So glad for Perez, gutted for Grosjean though, think he may regret blaming Ericcson!
    Originally posted by Gettingtherequickly
    I presume the next race will be back to something like a normal F1 race after that one
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 30th Apr 18, 12:57 PM
    • 19,735 Posts
    • 45,684 Thanks
    peachyprice
    It is hard though as no defined No 1 in that team and both young and ambitious and aggressive drivers....I suppose their racing yesterday was a bit daft though.....great to watch though
    As such a late stage of the race when it was obvious that neither of them were fighting for a podium they should have had firm orders from the pitwall to just bring both cars home.

I don't like team orders and would have been gutted if Ferrari had reeled Kimi in to give a position to Vettel, or Merc had expected Bottas to move over for Hammy, but this was one time when someone needed to talk a little sense into the RB pair.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 30th Apr 18, 2:09 PM
    • 53,064 Posts
    • 146,966 Thanks
    colinw
    As such a late stage of the race when it was obvious that neither of them were fighting for a podium they should have had firm orders from the pitwall to just bring both cars home.

I don't like team orders and would have been gutted if Ferrari had reeled Kimi in to give a position to Vettel, or Merc had expected Bottas to move over for Hammy, but this was one time when someone needed to talk a little sense into the RB pair.
    Originally posted by peachyprice
    That is a good point you make about at that stage of the race they did not have much to gain, I think it is the ego of the racing driver though and wanting to beat your team mate, I suppose common sense has to come into it at some point though. I was just glad Vettell did not pass Perez as I expect Raikkonen would have been expected to move over.
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 30th Apr 18, 2:12 PM
    • 19,735 Posts
    • 45,684 Thanks
    peachyprice
    And just look at the damage it's done to their constructors points, they're closer to McLaren in 4th now than they are to Merc in 2nd, ouch!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 30th Apr 18, 2:18 PM
    • 53,064 Posts
    • 146,966 Thanks
    colinw
    And just look at the damage it's done to their constructors points, they're closer to McLaren in 4th now than they are to Merc in 2nd, ouch!
    Originally posted by peachyprice
    Apparently they both have to apologise to the 800 staff today...
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 30th Apr 18, 4:08 PM
    • 3,748 Posts
    • 16,480 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Apparently they both have to apologise to the 800 staff today...
    That I would love to see, naughty little boys going very subdued into the factory! On the other hand, if they take a load of nice cream cakes with them, they may be forgiven quickly!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 27th May 18, 4:33 PM
    • 53,064 Posts
    • 146,966 Thanks
    colinw
    That was probably the most uneventful Monte Carlo F1 race I have seen but brilliant drive by Riccardio and well deserved victory, especially after what happened in 2016
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Jul 18, 2:40 PM
    • 53,064 Posts
    • 146,966 Thanks
    colinw
    So who is watching the F1 qualifying from Silverstone?.......just me then
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 7th Jul 18, 3:13 PM
    • 4,582 Posts
    • 10,479 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    Me as well, going to watch the F2 race in a bit, but some of the England vs NZ women's ODI in the meantime.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

483Posts Today

5,464Users online

Martin's Twitter