Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pinktree
    • By Pinktree 24th Mar 18, 8:10 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Pinktree
    PCN stating I left the site
    • 24th Mar 18, 8:10 PM
    PCN stating I left the site 24th Mar 18 at 8:10 PM
    Hello

I've had a read through the Newbies thread but I feel a little unsure if I'm doing the right thing. Was well within the 4 hour limit but was told I had left the site. Didn't actually make purchases so no receipts (when you are looking at kitchens etc you don't tend to make an off the peg purchase!)
    Anyway what I need confirmation for is do I wait for the Notice to Keeper and just ignore the ticket I got today and just sit tight? The company is UKPC Ltd...
    Last edited by Pinktree; 25-03-2018 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a detail
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 24th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 17,579 Posts
    • 27,798 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 24th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 24th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    Don't ignore. Send initial appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 on day 26 (not now) following the parking event. Read that sticky thoroughly (it's not a skim read, but if you want to save yourself 60/100, you'll need to do the legwork).

Have you complained to the retailers? Remind them that you were looking at a potentially high price investment, and you don't need to be hassled by a tin-pot parking company, which as things stand, are costing them the prospect of a sizeable purchase from a customer. Tell them to get this cancelled - or your business is going elsewhere (and you will write to their CEO/MD to tell them about their local unwillingness to sort this out).

Read about issues relating to 'leaving the site' here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=16231)

Do a forum search on 'UKPC Leaving Site' to read how others are currently dealing with similar cases.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 24th Mar 18, 8:35 PM
    • 7,340 Posts
    • 9,781 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 24th Mar 18, 8:35 PM
    • 24th Mar 18, 8:35 PM
    Everything Umkomaas says is correct.

Just from your header, we all knew it was UKPC because
    currently, this is there scam rubbish

As Umkomaas says, the retailer cannot allow a loss
    of business because of a tin pot parking company
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Pinktree
    • By Pinktree 24th Mar 18, 10:53 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Pinktree
    • 24th Mar 18, 10:53 PM
    • 24th Mar 18, 10:53 PM
    Ok thanks for the reassurance, I will wait until day 26 and then do the online appeal with them. Will read some more of the Newbies thread and also complain to the retailers in the meantime. I hope mentioning the retailers names wasn't giving too much info away though?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 24th Mar 18, 11:00 PM
    • 36,626 Posts
    • 82,961 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 24th Mar 18, 11:00 PM
    • 24th Mar 18, 11:00 PM
    Edit your first post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.

When you complain, you do it as The Keeper, who was An Occupant of the car. You never, ever, reveal the driver's identity.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 25th Mar 18, 10:09 AM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,975 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 25th Mar 18, 10:09 AM
    • 25th Mar 18, 10:09 AM
    Leaving site is almost impossible for a PPC to get past a judge, indeed one MP has recently described it inn the House of Commons as a breach of civil liberty. If you open your wallet and a 50 note is blown away by the wind, at you not allowed to run after it?m Read this

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=16231)

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    Last edited by The Deep; 25-03-2018 at 10:13 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Pinktree
    • By Pinktree 26th Mar 18, 6:43 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Pinktree
    • 26th Mar 18, 6:43 PM
    • 26th Mar 18, 6:43 PM
    Just doing my complaints to the retailers and wanted to double check -

1. Is it ok to put info such as date etc in the letters to them? (being paranoid!)
    2. Also is it best just to go straight to the CEO or maybe cc in the local store manager as well?
    3. Where can I find the CEO names & contact details?

Thanks
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 26th Mar 18, 7:01 PM
    • 7,340 Posts
    • 9,781 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 26th Mar 18, 7:01 PM
    • 26th Mar 18, 7:01 PM
    Just doing my complaints to the retailers and wanted to double check -

1. Is it ok to put info such as date etc in the letters to them? (being paranoid!)
    2. Also is it best just to go straight to the CEO or maybe cc in the local store manager as well?
    3. Where can I find the CEO names & contact details?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Pinktree
    You should state all the information as THE KEEPER.
    You can still show receipts and whatever you say offers
    you protection under data protection act

GOOGLE ..... CEO email address (the retailer)

Most store managers are clueless so this is a job
    for the big man himself
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Pinktree
    • By Pinktree 12th Apr 18, 9:59 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Pinktree
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:59 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:59 PM
    Hi

An update on this case - I wrote to the CEO of the company and I assume he read my complaint about UKPC because it was passed on to one of his managers to deal with. I've had correspondence from this manager and today got an email stating they had confirmation of cancellation. This is great but my question is can I accept this email as evidence of cancellation and not worry about DAY 26 or do I have to confirm this with the parking company to be double sure?

Thanks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Apr 18, 10:04 PM
    • 18,115 Posts
    • 22,903 Thanks
    Redx
    contact UKPC as keeper and state that you have been advised by the retailers on site (or similar) that this ticket has been cancelled and you want their confirmation in writing for legal reasons

if sending by post, get a free certificate of posting from the PO Counter
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Pinktree
    • By Pinktree 12th Apr 18, 10:27 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Pinktree
    Ok thanks, it looks like I will have to contact them by post. I guess the Uxbridge address is the one to use (seen one for Coventry?) Should I print the email from the retailer re the cancellation and send it to them as well? Also is it ok to put the keepers name in the correspondence to UKPC?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 12th Apr 18, 10:33 PM
    • 3,230 Posts
    • 4,270 Thanks
    waamo
    Send the letter as the keeper. Include a copy of the email.
    This space for hire.
    • Pinktree
    • By Pinktree 12th Apr 18, 11:07 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Pinktree
    Is it ok to put my postal address on the letter or shall I just ask them to reply to an email address?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Apr 18, 11:10 PM
    • 18,115 Posts
    • 22,903 Thanks
    Redx
    do both for safety
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Pinktree
    • By Pinktree 17th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Pinktree
    Hi again

I sent a letter on 13 April (by 1st class signed for delivery) to UKPC asking for their written confirmation of the cancellation of the PCN. Just checked tracking & it was signed for today.

My dilema is this - DAY 26 is approaching on Thur 19 so if I haven't had any confirmation from them by then that it has been cancelled do I still lodge the appeal?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 17th Apr 18, 6:57 PM
    • 3,230 Posts
    • 4,270 Thanks
    waamo
    Yes. If they don't respond in time send an appeal in. For future reference don't use signed for delivery. If they don't sign you have no proof they got it.

If you use first class post with free proof of posting it is deemed delivered 2 working days later unless they can demonstrate it wasn't.

Demonstrating something wasn't delivered is very difficult to do.
    This space for hire.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 17th Apr 18, 6:57 PM
    • 7,209 Posts
    • 6,694 Thanks
    KeithP
    My dilema is this - DAY 26 is approaching on Thur 19 so if I haven't had any confirmation from them by then that it has been cancelled do I still lodge the appeal?
    Originally posted by Pinktree
    Yes.
    It costs nothing.

Next time you send anything by post to either a PPC, Debt Collector, or solicitor, do not use Recorded Delivery. As is said all over this forum, all that does is allow the intended recipient to refuse to sign for it, and then what do you have - proof of non-delivery!

Always get a free Certificate of Posting from the Post Office counter instead - but you were told that in post #10..
    Last edited by KeithP; 17-04-2018 at 7:00 PM.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th Apr 18, 6:58 PM
    • 18,115 Posts
    • 22,903 Thanks
    Redx
    yes, and add a line stating that the retailer (or landowner) has confirmed in writing that this charge is to be cancelled
    Newbies !!
    • Pinktree
    • By Pinktree 17th Apr 18, 7:23 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Pinktree
    Ok thank you all, I will lodge the appeal on Thursday and have noted the advice about posting/signing. Will also be sure to add the line as suggested by RedX...
    • Pinktree
    • By Pinktree 19th Apr 18, 5:36 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Pinktree
    Good news.... I was all ready to lodge the appeal today and typed in my ref number only to see "The parking charge has been cancelled"
    Haven't received written confirmation of this but have taken a screenshot of the webpage on UKPC website showing this, so hopefully that is evidence enough?!
    Very relieved about that. Thanks to you all for advice and tips
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,895Posts Today

4,459Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin