Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hobbesy
    • By Hobbesy 24th Mar 18, 5:26 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Hobbesy
    Weatherspoons Euro car parks PCN
    • 24th Mar 18, 5:26 PM
    Weatherspoons Euro car parks PCN 24th Mar 18 at 5:26 PM
    Hi all,

This is the first time I've been hit with a private 'parking fine' and was hoping for some help please.

My car was parked in a local Weatherspoon's car park (which we've been doing regularly for over 14 years) and paid for three hours. We returned later than the three hours by 24mins but thought because there was no ticket on the car we'd been lucky.

Nearly a month later I (as the registered keeper) received a PCN from the company demanding 90 fine or 45 if paid within a certain period. Now I haven't replied yet (I received the letter 7 days ago) and was wondering where I go from here, I have read through the 'newbie' thread (which in itself is rather confusing).

I'm not denying the car was there but find the 'fine' absolutely disgusting, I spoke to the pub manager and she wanted nothing to do with me and said the chain doesn't entertain appeals and the registered keeper would have to go through the Euro car parks own appeal.

Am I stuck with a hefty cost and never eating there again?

Thanks in advance

Hobbesy
    Last edited by Hobbesy; 24-03-2018 at 7:10 PM.
Page 2
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Apr 18, 9:15 PM
    • 7,239 Posts
    • 6,759 Thanks
    KeithP
    Not sure where to go from here...
    Originally posted by Hobbesy
    Why is that then?

Didn't that letter also tell you about the second level appeal to PoPLA, and supply a code allowing you to do that?

Use Euro car parks popla in the forum search facility, and select Show Posts, to see how others have coped.

Post #3 in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread also offers good guidance on creating a PoPLA appeal.

What did Wetherspoons have to say?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Apr 18, 9:40 PM
    • 57,539 Posts
    • 71,119 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    POPLA time, perfectly normal, what's not to like?

How many other ECP threads have you read?

They ALL go to POPLA stage and no-one pays even if they lose. Read some cases like yours - and the NEWBIES thread post #3 where the POPLA appeal templates are - and come back & show us your POPLA appeal draft based on the hundreds of others.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Hobbesy
    • By Hobbesy 14th Apr 18, 9:52 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hobbesy
    Why is that then?

Didn't that letter also tell you about the second level appeal to PoPLA, and supply a code allowing you to do that?

Use Euro car parks popla in the forum search facility, and select Show Posts, to see how others have coped.

Post #3 in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread also offers good guidance on creating a PoPLA appeal.

What did Wetherspoons have to say?
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Hi Keith,
    I know this must be frustrating for you guys that have done this and given advice multiple times but I really don't want to fall over at the first step because I'm missed something deemed easy by you guys.

I have read through the FAQ and paid particular attention to post No.3 but I'm still a little confused as to what I'm appealing against (exactly)?

Thanks
    • Hobbesy
    • By Hobbesy 14th Apr 18, 9:57 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hobbesy
    Also Keith
    I had nothing back from Weatherspoons
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Apr 18, 9:59 PM
    • 7,239 Posts
    • 6,759 Thanks
    KeithP
    You are using all of the appeal points mentioned in post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ thread that you can.

For example, if the driver hasn't been identified, is the NtK PoFA compliant such that the keeper can be held liable?

Are the signs capable of forming the basis of a contract?
    Are the signs clear enough?

Does ECP have the landowner's authority to 'manage' the car parking?

Etc.

There are big blocks of text in that NEWBIES post just waiting for you to cut and paste into your PoPLA appeal.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Apr 18, 10:00 PM
    • 57,539 Posts
    • 71,119 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'm still a little confused as to what I'm appealing against (exactly)?
    You just use the usual templates*, and you can add the new ANPR/ICO DPA breach POPLA point written recently. Find that by searching POPLA ICO ANPR or similar.

*search Euro POPLA (amazes me people don't simply search the forum for 2 keywords, it's always the answer. Change the default search to SHOW POSTS).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

61Posts Today

2,789Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin