Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • menageamoi
    • By menageamoi 23rd Mar 18, 3:35 PM
    • 42Posts
    • 7Thanks
    menageamoi
    Income Changes Post IPA/BR
    • 23rd Mar 18, 3:35 PM
    Income Changes Post IPA/BR 23rd Mar 18 at 3:35 PM
    hi

Just thinking ahead. I was made BR in January and have no IPA as I don't earn enough. That's about to change in a month or two so I'll tell the OR and see if that generates an IPA. If it does, then let's say it's for 3 years. My question is - what happens if my salary goes up again ( or down) after I'm discharged from BR - can I apply to have it reduced or can they have it increased once we're outside of the BR year?

thanks
Page 2
    • debt doctor
    • By debt doctor 26th Mar 18, 6:39 PM
    • 4,334 Posts
    • 6,004 Thanks
    debt doctor
    Seems good to me,

Make sure you back up those emails, and print them off and keep them safe.

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
    • Jono987
    • By Jono987 26th Mar 18, 6:41 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    Jono987
    Got two hard copies and multiple soft copies saved in different locations
    • debt doctor
    • By debt doctor 26th Mar 18, 6:42 PM
    • 4,334 Posts
    • 6,004 Thanks
    debt doctor
    In addition to the emails you presumably also have proof of the payment made to conclude the IPA.

Don't lose that evidence either!

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
    • Jono987
    • By Jono987 26th Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    Jono987
    Yes and also a letter received back from Clarke Wilmott to confirm the payment.
    • menageamoi
    • By menageamoi 27th Mar 18, 10:07 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    menageamoi
    Thanks all - this has been really useful

Jono - do you mind if i ask? Did you have to prove that the money came from your mum?
    • Maverick1103
    • By Maverick1103 27th Mar 18, 11:09 AM
    • 63 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Maverick1103
    This is very interesting to read, one of my questions was if this could be done when I had a set IPA, which since challenging it's been removed so no longer applies, however, a question that has not been answered yet is if once I am discharged and I haven't paid into an IPA do I need to notify the OR of any changes then? It sounds like it's a no.
    • LincsPaul
    • By LincsPaul 27th Mar 18, 12:58 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    LincsPaul
    This is very interesting to read, one of my questions was if this could be done when I had a set IPA, which since challenging it's been removed so no longer applies, however, a question that has not been answered yet is if once I am discharged and I haven't paid into an IPA do I need to notify the OR of any changes then? It sounds like it's a no.
    Originally posted by Maverick1103
    I'm pretty sure if an IPA hasn't been signed by you prior to discharge then it's impossible for one to be set up afterwards.
    • Jono987
    • By Jono987 27th Mar 18, 2:33 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    Jono987
    Thanks all - this has been really useful

Jono - do you mind if i ask? Did you have to prove that the money came from your mum?
    Originally posted by menageamoi
    Of course i dont mind Yes my mum had to ring them up herself, speak with them and then make the payment from her bank account not mine. I obviously had no money at this point in time anyway but they still needed it to 100% come from my mum.
    • haggis0073
    • By haggis0073 29th Mar 18, 12:23 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    haggis0073
    as long as you have not signed an ipa agreement, and 12 months later you have been discharged then no IPA can be sought,
    • Butts
    • By Butts 29th Mar 18, 5:56 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Butts
    as long as you have not signed an ipa agreement, and 12 months later you have been discharged then no IPA can be sought,
    Originally posted by haggis0073
    Unless of course you live in Scotland where you are vulnerable for a further three years after discharge.
    • maxmycardagain
    • By maxmycardagain 14th Apr 18, 9:56 PM
    • 4,632 Posts
    • 3,728 Thanks
    maxmycardagain
    Originally posted by haggis0073

or after 6 months early discharge?
    Dont worry, be happy
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 14th Apr 18, 10:01 PM
    • 2,431 Posts
    • 2,362 Thanks
    TheGardener
    There is no such thing as an early discharge anymore - hasn't been for a couple of years at least?
    • maxmycardagain
    • By maxmycardagain 14th Apr 18, 10:05 PM
    • 4,632 Posts
    • 3,728 Thanks
    maxmycardagain
    mine was 10 years ago
    Dont worry, be happy
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,276Posts Today

7,022Users online

Martin's Twitter