Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • undercoverirish
    • By undercoverirish 23rd Mar 18, 1:35 PM
    • 92Posts
    • 10Thanks
    undercoverirish
    Can we stop employees from having direct contact?
    • 23rd Mar 18, 1:35 PM
    Can we stop employees from having direct contact? 23rd Mar 18 at 1:35 PM
    We have an issue with an employee at work that I would like some advice on.

We have advised an employee that she can only have direct contact with her colleagues if they invite her to do so but she is claiming that this isn't fair. Can anyone advise if we can stop colleagues having direct contact?
Page 15
    • Cheeky_Monkey
    • By Cheeky_Monkey 9th Apr 18, 5:38 PM
    • 1,856 Posts
    • 4,053 Thanks
    Cheeky_Monkey
    Thanks for the update but is that it? She just got a written apology and was happy with that?

If so, I think you've dodged a bullet there. She could almost certainly have taken it further so you appear to be off the hook.

By the way, I thought you owned the company so not sure how you can be 'reprimanded' by some external HR company!

I know I'm being pedantic but I think you mean that they gave you some forthright advice on how to behave in future
    I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 9th Apr 18, 6:06 PM
    • 4,180 Posts
    • 7,487 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Don't think you are quite at epiphany stage yet, OP. Are you aware that women are actually allowed to vote these days?
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 9th Apr 18, 6:09 PM
    • 3,036 Posts
    • 3,963 Thanks
    unforeseen
    Are you aware that women are actually allowed to vote these days?
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    OMG! Since when? We'll be letting them drive cars next.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 9th Apr 18, 6:14 PM
    • 4,180 Posts
    • 7,487 Thanks
    Smodlet
    OMG! Since when? We'll be letting them drive cars next.
    Originally posted by unforeseen
    Not me, marrster, I knows my place (where's the cap-doffing smilie?)
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 10th Apr 18, 10:23 AM
    • 8,629 Posts
    • 28,734 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I also issued a written apology to the lady in question and spoke to the whole team about what is appropriate in the office.
    Originally posted by undercoverirish
    Ok, and what about the male employee who was falsely accusing her of harassment?
    'Boys will be boys' I suppose.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 10th Apr 18, 12:19 PM
    • 11,377 Posts
    • 30,473 Thanks
    suki1964
    You know I did always give this poster the benefit of the doubt but.....

is it just a coincidence that they updated the exact same day ( and near enough time) as the lass who was also claiming sex discrimination ??
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • seashore22
    • By seashore22 11th Apr 18, 8:23 AM
    • 1,159 Posts
    • 2,594 Thanks
    seashore22
    You know I did always give this poster the benefit of the doubt but.....

is it just a coincidence that they updated the exact same day ( and near enough time) as the lass who was also claiming sex discrimination ??
    Originally posted by suki1964
    I don't believe in coincidences. Perhaps those two ops have just got back from a holiday together.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 11th Apr 18, 2:36 PM
    • 4,180 Posts
    • 7,487 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I don't believe in coincidences. Perhaps those two ops have just got back from a holiday together.
    Originally posted by seashore22
    If you mean bonnielass, I did ask that question and she denied it... But then she would, wouldn't she?
    • seashore22
    • By seashore22 11th Apr 18, 3:48 PM
    • 1,159 Posts
    • 2,594 Thanks
    seashore22
    If you mean bonnielass, I did ask that question and she denied it... But then she would, wouldn't she?
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    Yes, bonnielass. It was suspicious when the threads were started and still is.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,574Posts Today

8,360Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin