Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 23rd Mar 18, 1:35 PM
    • 4,861Posts
    • 16,770Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Debt free living and looking to the future.
    • 23rd Mar 18, 1:35 PM
    Debt free living and looking to the future. 23rd Mar 18 at 1:35 PM
    Happy new diary.

I decided that my last diary had become depressing and negative, so here I am shiny new diary, positive outlook and ready to take on the world. I woke up this morning feeling good which is something that hasn't happened for a while, did 30 mins of yoga which left me feeling energised and ready for the day, I also took some time to think about what is good in life and all the positives.

So anyone reading my last diary will know i'm now debt free, not going into the details of how as its all in my last diary, but I do now want to focus on staying out of debt and saving for the future, being thrifty and enjoy my family before they grow and fly the nest. I did think of posting new diary on savings board, but I love the debt free board as everyone is so helpful and positive.

So this is the first day of the new positive me......
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."
    Debt free and saving for my future
    Long term savings was £10,000 now £5000/borrowed £5000 for new kitchen which I MUST pay back. £5000/£0
Page 5
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 23rd Apr 18, 2:21 PM
    • 1,762 Posts
    • 15,476 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Sounds like you had a lovely birthday

I love the sound of Paris and the kitchen

Hope you have a good day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 5th May 18, 3:15 PM
    • 4,861 Posts
    • 16,770 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Afternoon, can't believe it has been so long since I lasted posted, life seems to have just got in the way.

Weekend away was wonderful, we ate lots, drank lots and had an amazing time sightseeing and just spending time together, bonus we also manage to come back with 50 euro, so they have been put away for the summer.

Managed to bag myself a bargain on ebay this week, I have been after a dresser/cabinet for ages as I have lots of bits of china and glassware that have been boxed up for over 10yrs as I had nowhere childproof/dogproof to display them and as always something else more important cropped up to spend money on. I spotted someone locally selling one on ebay but the pics were not brilliant and it just stated wood cabinet no other information except there was a couple of marks, so I though s*d it for £15 I will bid on, I won the cabinet and DH and DS went to collect it and brought it home. It is fantastic solid Oak not MDF like I though and the marks polished out with some wax I had, it looks amazing and matches all my other oak furniture beautifully, looks rather similar to this one.
    https://www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk/furniture/bevel-natural-solid-oak-glazed-display-cabinet/1439.html

Other wins this week have been at the charity shop, bought a beautiful Hobbs silk skirt that looks brand new, Per una white linen trouser and some lovely new F&F blue pumps all for £14.
    Save £9 on a shop in sainsbugs and £10 off a £20 shop from abel and cole which reduced the food bill nicely, also picked up several bags of carrots reduced to 5p which I have turned into carrot and lentil soup and frozen.

£8 in Amazon voucher received so now have £13 towards new duvets.

Tomorrow i'm planning a mass listing spree on ebay to try and make some money for various goals .

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine. xxx
    Long term savings was £10,000 now £5000/borrowed £5000 for new kitchen which I MUST pay back. £5000/£0
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 5th May 18, 8:53 PM
    • 6,113 Posts
    • 41,229 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Sounds like you've bagged some fab bargains there The hot sunny weather has indeed been wonderful xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £404.08
    Debt £2180
    Weight loss 0/6LBS
    Emergency Fund £4000/£10,000
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th May 18, 2:06 PM
    • 4,861 Posts
    • 16,770 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Good afternoon.

Weather is scorching today and is drying my washing brilliantly only downfall is the pile of ironing that is growing on the dining table, but it is far to warm to tackle it now, might do it early tomorrow morning.

Lots listed on ebay this morning, hopefully I will get a few sales to top up the pots.

Not much to update really as we are just having a quiet weekend at home,but does mean yesterday and today have been NSD. Might go to the garden centre tomorrow for some bedding plants.

Have a great weekend. x
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 6th May 18, 3:23 PM
    • 1,762 Posts
    • 15,476 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Have a lovely day Penny

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th May 18, 3:37 PM
    • 4,861 Posts
    • 16,770 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Have a lovely day Penny

x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    Thankyou, you too. xx
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th May 18, 3:38 PM
    • 4,861 Posts
    • 16,770 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Another £2 amazon voucher ordered from I-say.
    • jwil
    • By jwil 6th May 18, 3:59 PM
    • 8,973 Posts
    • 28,291 Thanks
    jwil
    Great bargains! The unit looks lovely Well done on the listings and the vouchers
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 6th May 18, 8:23 PM
    • 9,010 Posts
    • 53,613 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    All sounding brilliant Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in 2018 35/60
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 8th May 18, 6:58 AM
    • 4,861 Posts
    • 16,770 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Morning.

Wonderful bank holiday weekend over and back to work today. I spent most of yesterday in the garden planting bedding plants and tidying up, spent £73 in the garden centre , but garden does look very pretty now.

Sunshine seems to have disappeared so not going to hang washing out today, feels so much cooler as well, this is what I hate about this country all the random weather we get, I want to live somewhere where the sun shines constantly for at least 6 months of the year.

Pack ups for lunch today, chicken mayo salad using leftover rst chicken, won't be a nsd as I need to post a parcel and I probably need fuel as well.

To do today-
    Finances -pay bills
    ebay listing.
    surveys
    yoga at some point.
    Easy tea -leftovers
    Post office
    fuel for car.

To do this week
    Ebay listing
    Surveys
    General housework.
    Keep up with washing/ironing.

Finances today
    0p TT to holiday savings
    Grocery budget 4/5-10/5 £100/£97
    NSD 3
    personnel spends £50/£14
    Make in May £300/
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 13th May 18, 10:22 AM
    • 4,861 Posts
    • 16,770 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Morning, hope all is well.

My anxiety seems high this morning and to be honest i'm not sure why, just feel very busy and overwhelmed by things and yet no motivation to get on and do things and get tasks completed.

So my thinking is to get it all out of my head and onto here to try and make a bit more sense of things. So i'm soryy if this seems like gobbledigook and is a bit jumbled.

Today -

House is a tip, ironing piled up and loads of washing to do, I feel as though I have lost a day as we had a day out yesterday and now I feel behind with the housework and DH has gone out for the day so i'm on my own.

To do-
    HOUSE.
    Ironing
    washing.
    clean bathroom
    clean kitchen.
    meal plan.

GARDEN
    Line planter with plastic.
    buy compost
    plant out veggie seedling.
    Water plants.
    Sort garage.

MONEY
    Catch up with surveys.
    pack ebay items.
    list ebay items.
    check banking.
    check paypal and split this weeks sales between pots.
    Sort items to send for Royal mail panel this week.

FAMILY/WELLBEING.
    Check what everyone is upto this week and what night people are out.
    Ring grandparents.
    Yoga(this has gone out the window).
    Make hair appointment.
    check when a beauty voucher I have expires and use it for some me time.
    See what summer clothes DC need, DS needs shorts, no idea about DD.
    De-clutter because a cluttered house raises my anxiety.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 13th May 18, 1:17 PM
    • 4,861 Posts
    • 16,770 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    To do-
    HOUSE.
    Ironing Done for now
    washing. 2nd load drying, 3rd load washing
    clean bathroom
    clean kitchen.done
    meal plan.

GARDEN
    Line planter with plastic.done
    buy compost
    plant out veggie seedling.
    Water plants.
    Sort garage.Done

MONEY
    Catch up with surveys.Done a couple
    pack ebay items.Done so far few more ending later.
    list ebay items.done some
    check banking.
    check paypal and split this weeks sales between pots.
    Sort items to send for Royal mail panel this week.done

FAMILY/WELLBEING.
    Check what everyone is upto this week and what night people are out.Done
    Ring grandparents.
    Make hair appointment. text hairdresser, not heard back yet.
    check when a beauty voucher I have expires and use it for some me time. Few months left
    See what summer clothes DC need, DS needs shorts, no idea about DD. Done
    De-clutter because a cluttered house raises my anxiety. Started have a bag of bits to go to charity and some bits have gone in recycling.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by pennywisepoundstupid; 13-05-2018 at 3:31 PM.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 13th May 18, 3:38 PM
    • 4,861 Posts
    • 16,770 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Just having a quick cuppa before hanging out some more washing and getting another load of ironing done, managed to get quite a bit done, have put off doing some things in the house as its to nice to be indoors and they can wait until this evening.

Finances are all over the place and need to have a sit down and proper look at what is left to go in/out this month. Also havn't done paypal yet as I have a few items still not paid for and some items on ebay ending tonight so i'm putting it off until later. Hopefully I will have £30ish for each pot which is holiday, kitchen and DS school trip.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 13th May 18, 4:02 PM
    • 4,861 Posts
    • 16,770 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Meal plan -

Sun - steak, new pots and salad.
    Mon - pasta bake and salad or roasted veg.
    Tue - scampi, chips and salad.
    Wed - chargrilled chicken cous cous and roasted veg
    Thurs - lasagne or chicken and bacon pie.
    • jwil
    • By jwil 14th May 18, 1:55 PM
    • 8,973 Posts
    • 28,291 Thanks
    jwil
    Hope your anxiety is better today. You achieved loads yesterday
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 18th May 18, 10:10 PM
    • 9,010 Posts
    • 53,613 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Just popping by to say Hi. Hope you are feeling a bit more settled Xx

• pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 19th May 18, 8:18 AM
    • 4,861 Posts
    • 16,770 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Morning.

Up early as my hayfever has kicked, I only get it for a couple of weeks and I'm convinced there is something in the woodland close to the house that sets it off as I never used to get it at my previous home so it must be a particular tree/plant pollen that does it.

Still feeling anxious and overwhelmed, i'm ready for half term week and having a quiet week at home when I can get on top of things.
    First load of washing has been hung out, 2nd load is in and dishwasher is on doing its job.

Couple of freebies in the post this week, shampoo, face scrub and a pair of socks. Couple of ebay sales this week but to be honest I have been rubbish at listing and really need to get on with it. Redeemed a £10 amazon voucher from a survey site which meant I had enough to order a new duvet for DD, just need to save enough for DS now.
    Haemorrhaging money at the moment, lots of birthdays, a retirement do, had to buy DS some new school trousers but did get these off ebay, DD needed some revision books, DS needed some School PE kit (wish this boy would stop growing). I have cancelled my veg box for next week and I have a grocery delivery coming tomorrow, hopefully I will have enough food in the freezer/cupboards to see us through half term week and will only need a small top up shop.

Going to try and watch bits of the royal wedding today, will use the time to multi task and catch up with some surveys.

To do-

HOUSE.
    Ironing
    washing.
    clean bathroom
    clean kitchen.
    meal plan.
    Sweep/mop through downstairs.
    hoover upstairs.
    Kids bedrooms.
    Pot up lining paper around front door ready for painting next week.
    Make rhubarb crumble, flapjack, scones and cake of some sort.

GARDEN
    buy compost
    plant butternut squash seed.
    Water plants.
    Tidy front.

MONEY
    Catch up with surveys.
    pack ebay items.Done
    list ebay items.
    check banking.Done
    Sort items to send for Royal mail panel this week.

FAMILY/WELLBEING.
    Check what everyone is upto this week and what night people are out..
    See what summer clothes DC need, DS needs shorts, no idea about DD.
    De-clutter because a cluttered house raises my anxiety.

Another busy weekend.
    Last edited by pennywisepoundstupid; 19-05-2018 at 10:26 AM.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 29th May 18, 1:29 PM
    • 4,861 Posts
    • 16,770 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Oh dear 10 days since I last posted,really not doing well on keeping up with things.

Glad to have got to the end of month as it has been incredible spendy and has meant very little has been saved, on a positive my bank account is in the black but my car has gone in for its MOT today I'm hoping it comes in under £100, also have had some much needed work done on the house and i'm waiting for the invoice for that which will be around £250.
    Also spent £12 on a top up shop this morning when I went to the PO and then went or hay for DD pony and that was another £20.
    Going to look at some kennels for dogs tomorrow for when we go on hols at the end of August, they want a deposit of £30, balance isn't due until we go away which gives me some breathing space.
    SO buy the time payday comes around i'm going to be skint again.

Loving being off work this week as the weather is spectacular, i'm even starting to get a bit of a tan, we are off to B£amish later in the week with the kids just hope the weather is as good up there as it is here.

Not much else going on, lots of revision happening as both DS and DD have exams when they go back to school. i'm just waiting for a new month to start so I can concentrate on my goals, fingers crossed it's a frugal month and not a spendy month like this one.
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 29th May 18, 5:14 PM
    • 9,010 Posts
    • 53,613 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Hope car bill wasn’t too bad.

Beamish isn’t too far from me. Today is the first cloudy day we’ve had in ages. Hope it picks up again for your visit Xx

• jwil
    • By jwil 30th May 18, 9:55 AM
    • 8,973 Posts
    • 28,291 Thanks
    jwil
    Glad you are having a good week off. Hope the car bill wasn't too bad!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

419Posts Today

5,660Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin