Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 23rd Mar 18, 12:35 PM
    • 5,091Posts
    • 18,599Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Debt free living and looking to the future.
    • 23rd Mar 18, 12:35 PM
    Debt free living and looking to the future. 23rd Mar 18 at 12:35 PM
    Happy new diary.

I decided that my last diary had become depressing and negative, so here I am shiny new diary, positive outlook and ready to take on the world. I woke up this morning feeling good which is something that hasn't happened for a while, did 30 mins of yoga which left me feeling energised and ready for the day, I also took some time to think about what is good in life and all the positives.

So anyone reading my last diary will know i'm now debt free, not going into the details of how as its all in my last diary, but I do now want to focus on staying out of debt and saving for the future, being thrifty and enjoy my family before they grow and fly the nest. I did think of posting new diary on savings board, but I love the debt free board as everyone is so helpful and positive.

So this is the first day of the new positive me......
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."
    Debt free and saving for my future
Page 23
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 5th May 19, 9:08 AM
    • 5,091 Posts
    • 18,599 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Have a good day Pennywise, I think I need to get on the survey wagon, you seem to be doing well with them! Any recommendations?
    Originally posted by findingthisdifficult
    Hi, thanks for popping by, signup to as many sites as possible, so sites as better than others. I-say and panelbase are good as they seem to send out lots of surveys and redemption is low. YouGov is a good one but redemption is £50 so takes a long time. I tend to do the surveys if i'm up early in a morning whilst having a cuppa or in an evening whilst watching TV.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 5th May 19, 4:27 PM
    • 5,091 Posts
    • 18,599 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Afternoon, nipped into town and ended up spending £16 on bits and pieces so not to bad.

Have pottered around today and done a couple of loads of washing, some ebay listing, got out into the garden and weeded some of the flower beds.Also done a few surveys and have got to payout for s prepaid card on swagbucks but not going to redeem until tomorrow when the new swago board is live as often one of the squares is a redeem a gift card one.
    Paid last instalment off DS Africa trip, so glad that that is now paid for, now he needs some new clothes. He is saving up his own spends though.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th May 19, 8:02 AM
    • 5,091 Posts
    • 18,599 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Morning and Happy bank holiday, lovely having an extra day to potter.

Banking checked and everything seems ok, made £80 yesterday on £bay which has gone into saving account as there is lots of bits to pay for this month. £10 prepaid card redeemed from swagbucks which will go straight onto DS lunch account.

Plans for today are just pottering, DS is meeting friends at the local towns astro turf for a couple of hours for a kick about so might nip to Mr S and pick up some bits that are on greenjinn that are also on offer, also need binbags and printer paper.

Have a great day x
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 6th May 19, 8:11 AM
    • 3,698 Posts
    • 35,065 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Have a lovely day Penny

You're doing amazing with selling and surveys

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
    • findingthisdifficult
    • By findingthisdifficult 6th May 19, 8:42 AM
    • 145 Posts
    • 264 Thanks
    findingthisdifficult
    Have a lovely day Penny!
    I'm going to get myself signed up to swagbucks later, see if I can figure it out.
    Wobbling my way out of debt one month at a time.

Credit Card starting balance £2467 £2151.64 1750 £1600 current balance £1400 0% until June
    Original Loan amount £23,179 £11,897£11,385current balance £10,868
    20 payments left to go
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th May 19, 8:47 AM
    • 5,091 Posts
    • 18,599 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Have a lovely day Penny!
    I'm going to get myself signed up to swagbucks later, see if I can figure it out.
    Hi if you use this referel link we will both get extra points, only if you want to I won't be offended if you don't .
    https://www.swagbucks.com/lp-savings-button?cmp=695&cxid=swagbuttonref&rb=4074544&extRe fCmp=1&extRb=4074544
    • findingthisdifficult
    • By findingthisdifficult 6th May 19, 9:14 AM
    • 145 Posts
    • 264 Thanks
    findingthisdifficult
    Hi if you use this referel link we will both get extra points, only if you want to I won't be offended if you don't .
    https://www.swagbucks.com/lp-savings-button?cmp=695&cxid=swagbuttonref&rb=4074544&extRe fCmp=1&extRb=4074544
    Originally posted by pennywisepoundstupid
    This link takes me to a download for browser extension, is that right?
    Wobbling my way out of debt one month at a time.

Credit Card starting balance £2467 £2151.64 1750 £1600 current balance £1400 0% until June
    Original Loan amount £23,179 £11,897£11,385current balance £10,868
    20 payments left to go
    • brizzlegirl
    • By brizzlegirl 6th May 19, 9:35 AM
    • 689 Posts
    • 4,680 Thanks
    brizzlegirl
    Have a great day PWPS xxx
    MFW..aiming to pay it off in 2022.. 2019 Savings Rate - Goal 40% [ 25% April 54% March ] 2019 Income Goal £101/£750 MayGoals: AFDs 9/25 Decluttering 05/60; LSDs 02/10; NSDs xx/10 Exercise in May RT 15k 2/15 12k steps per day pls Aiming to be a true Frugalista!
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th May 19, 10:24 AM
    • 5,091 Posts
    • 18,599 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    This link takes me to a download for browser extension, is that right?
    Whoops sorry don't think it is, I will see if I can find the right one.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th May 19, 10:43 AM
    • 5,091 Posts
    • 18,599 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Have a great day PWPS xxx
    Originally posted by brizzlegirl
    You too Brizz xx
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th May 19, 4:36 PM
    • 5,091 Posts
    • 18,599 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Seem to have run about today rather than potter.

Popping into Mr S ended up being expensive spent £50, have claimed £5 back from greenjinn and did buy 2 bras that were half price in the sale but still ridiculous. I've also paid for DD Prom ticket so that's £40 gone in a flash.

Got back and swept and mop throughout the downstairs and tidied my bedroom, DD decided she wanted to go for a hack out on Horsey so I went with her and walked round for the exercise might regret it tomorrow I ache already. Did a bit more weeding and planted some bedding plants that MIL has given me. Tea tonight is premade salmon en croute, chips and salad so nice and easy, have baked a cake though so not entirely lazy. Have managed to wrap up 8 ebay parcels but have run out of parcel tape so the other 4 will have to wait until tomorrow.
    Still need to iron school uniform, finish paperwork for FF, sort my work stuff for tomorrow and list a couple of bits on ebay.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 17th May 19, 12:01 PM
    • 5,091 Posts
    • 18,599 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Afternoon.
    Just waiting on DH getting back from work then off to visit my Grandma who is 86 today.

this month seems to be dragging and money is haemorrhaging from my bank account, had a few sales on ebay and have withdrawn £45 from a couple of survey sites and received a £5prepaid CC from another survey site which went straight onto DS lunch account.
    Couple of freebies through the post as well, 8 branded chocolate snack bars to test and a sachet of shampoo.

We are in full flow of GCSEs for DD and DS has his end of year exams, so the household is rather stressful at the moment, well more DD than DS who to be honest couldn't care less

Had a Mr M order today as I currently have free deliveries for 6 months, something to do with changing there website didn't really understand why I had been given it but hay ho its a freebie and they kindly sent me a voucher for £12 off a £60 spend. So todaus shop came in at £57 which isn't bad, I did forget to order fruit juice and bananas though so will pick those up from Mr T on Monday. There is also a lidl being built on a road I drive back from work on so i'm very excited about that as I will be able to pop in there once it opens.

Hope the sun is shining wherever you are, have a good weekend.
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 17th May 19, 3:53 PM
    • 9,706 Posts
    • 60,937 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Happy Birthday to your Grandma! Mine is 84 and ace .

Beat of luck to the DC for their exams too Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

Best win so far - holiday to Florida
    • jwil
    • By jwil 18th May 19, 6:50 AM
    • 10,471 Posts
    • 36,841 Thanks
    jwil
    Have a good weekend x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 18th May 19, 8:31 PM
    • 9,352 Posts
    • 73,786 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I hope you're enjoying the weekend. You'll all feel more relaxed when the GCSE's are over, I hope DD does well .
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £4,005. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £1,505.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £66
    PREMIUM BONDS = £50
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 19th May 19, 6:21 AM
    • 5,091 Posts
    • 18,599 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    I hope you're enjoying the weekend. You'll all feel more relaxed when the GCSE's are over, I hope DD does well .
    Originally posted by HairyHandofDartmoor
    Thankyou, DD is very up and down about her exams, she is one of those childen that does well in the classroom and with coursework but falls to pieces with exams. I just hate how much pressure is placed upon children and the fact they feel as though if they don't get certain grades at GCSE that they have failed at life.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 19th May 19, 6:32 AM
    • 5,091 Posts
    • 18,599 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Yesterday I took DD to try her prom dress as it had come into the shop, it fit beautifully and didn't need taking up which would of cost me £40 if it had so we were both pleased.

Paid some money off CC, tenants are wanting to move into cottage in June but first rent will go to estate agent so won't get any income until July then I can pay down CC and get rid of it and start building savings.

Potter at home day today, washing to be done, ironing, baking and listing on ebay, just 1 week to go and then we are off for half term then I can do a proper clean wash down woodwork, take curtains down to wash and empty kitchen cupboards and give them a good clean out.
    Rst pork for tea as Gma sent me home with a piece she had bought and didn't want, bless her she does this and realises its a faff cooking a rst for 1 and then ends up going to M&S and buys their ready meals instead. I've told her to stop buying joints of meat and big packs of chicken and mince as she throws most of it away and just buy the meals she likes from M&S.

Off to check surveys, also does anyone do Microsoft rewards where you get points for searching through bing instead of google, I have signed up just wondering how long it takes to earn a voucher roughly.

Have a great day xx
    Last edited by pennywisepoundstupid; 19-05-2019 at 6:40 AM.
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 19th May 19, 7:30 AM
    • 7,131 Posts
    • 52,260 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Morning Pennywise, hope you have a fab day - sounds like a busy one

You're doing really well with the surveys and eBay sales.
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2019 £251.96
    Weight loss 7.5/9LBS
    Emergency Fund £3260/£10,000
    • jwil
    • By jwil 19th May 19, 7:35 AM
    • 10,471 Posts
    • 36,841 Thanks
    jwil
    I haven't heard of microsoft rewards, but we had Bing set up at work and it was awful. Google was so much better. Bing wouldn't have something that would be in the first few results on google.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 19th May 19, 8:08 AM
    • 5,091 Posts
    • 18,599 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    I haven't heard of microsoft rewards, but we had Bing set up at work and it was awful. Google was so much better. Bing wouldn't have something that would be in the first few results on google.
    Originally posted by jwil
    Hi Jwil,
    I agree bing is awful, I can collect a maximum of 150 points a day, each search is worth 3 points, so 50 searches of anything random to get the points which takes me about 5 mins maximum to get me my daily points, then I switch back to google for any genuine searches.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

503Posts Today

4,299Users online

Martin's Twitter