Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bambi82
    • By Bambi82 21st Mar 18, 4:14 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 29Thanks
    Bambi82
    MIL collections CCJ
    • 21st Mar 18, 4:14 PM
    MIL collections CCJ 21st Mar 18 at 4:14 PM
    hi all

I have found my self in the same predicament as many other people on this forum and have found out that i have a CCJ from MIL collections by doing a credit search.

I have read many posts on here and other sites regarding getting the judgement set aside, so many that i think that im driving my self insane!

The CCJ is for a PCN from LDK ltd nearly 5 years ago and i am informed from Northampton county court that the debt was purchased nearly 2 years ago by MIL. The court did not know who the debt was bought from just that it was for a PCN. MIL then applied for the CCJ within a month and was awarded the CCJ as i never showed up.

The truth is that i never new about the pcn as i never had a ticket and i moved from the address about 6 weeks after the alleged parking violation and never received any in the post. I certainly never new about any court action over the incident 3 years after i moved from the address.

I wrote to the DVLA and got the details of the alleged parking violation and who accessed my information which is how i know it was LDK.

I want to fight this and get the CCJ set aside, would there be grounds to have it set aside on LDK passing my details to MIL illegally and myself not being aware of the court action due leaving the address 3 years previous? Or do i need to fight the PCN as well?

I have read all the newbies information and suggested posts numerous times, along with many posts about MIL, LDK and others, but i think i am starting confuse my self.

any help would be very much appreciated as its really starting to worry me now.
    Last edited by Bambi82; 27-03-2018 at 6:52 PM.
Page 4
    • Bambi82
    • By Bambi82 11th Aug 18, 12:49 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Bambi82
    Sending the Bailiffs sounds great to me!! wouldn't that be poetic
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Aug 18, 1:04 PM
    • 8,145 Posts
    • 10,680 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Sending the Bailiffs sounds great to me!! wouldn't that be poetic
    Originally posted by Bambi82
    Of course, bailiffs will either collect your money
    including the fee or seize goods to sell.

If this was me, I would send MIL a final warning letter
    giving 7 days notice to pay or without further reference
    to them, you will instruct the courts bailiffs service to
    collect the monies including costs

You are in the driving seat now

And such action can take place against any parking company
    any day, any time, if a court rules they owe you money
    Last edited by beamerguy; 11-08-2018 at 1:40 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Aug 18, 1:46 PM
    • 36,847 Posts
    • 20,988 Thanks
    Quentin
    I still have not heard anything from the courts or MIL collections? And i still have the CCJ on my credit file, MIL collections had 21 days to refund me the set aside costs and that has just passed. Does it take a while to to remove the CCJ? I am going to ring the court on monday but thought i would ask here first to see how long it usually takes.

thanks
    Originally posted by Bambi82
    The CCJ should be removed from the register more or less immediately. You can find out if it is still on the register via trustonline website.

But the "free" agency's in the main only update on a monthly basis which may explain why you still can see it

If trustonline still shows it get onto the Court!
    • Bambi82
    • By Bambi82 11th Aug 18, 4:16 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Bambi82
    my credit score from the free agency was updated Tuesday and still has it on. I have just checked with trustonline and it says i have no CCJ or defaults at my current address. so checked again at my old address where the CCJ was registered and it still shows COUNTY COURT
    BUSINESS CENTER 235 Unsatisfied Judgment.

I wonder if the court has even contacted MIL? would i have received anything in the post from the court in writing confirming the set aside?

At the hearing the judge said that MIL will be given 21 days to pay which is now up. I'm starting to wonder if they have even been informed about the set aside.

Thanks
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Aug 18, 5:27 PM
    • 36,847 Posts
    • 20,988 Thanks
    Quentin
    You read #63??

;..If trustonline still shows it get onto the Court!
    Originally posted by Quentin

(No point moaning here - we can't do anything about it except give advise to you what to do! Which you already have been)

You should be getting confirmation of the set aside from the Court - so get on to them about that too
    Last edited by Quentin; 11-08-2018 at 10:33 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,054Posts Today

9,271Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin