Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • faddy
    • By faddy 20th Mar 18, 8:43 PM
    • 484Posts
    • 54Thanks
    faddy
    MBNA "final checks"
    • 20th Mar 18, 8:43 PM
    MBNA "final checks" 20th Mar 18 at 8:43 PM
    Just had an online application for an MBNA card "approved". The email I then received says "The great news is you've been accepted, subject to a few final checks all our applications have to go through. Once approved, your credit limit will be x,xxx"

Presumably a credit check's been done in order to approve my application, so what would the "final checks" be?
Page 1
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 20th Mar 18, 10:04 PM
    • 25,183 Posts
    • 12,437 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 20th Mar 18, 10:04 PM
    • 20th Mar 18, 10:04 PM
    A manual check by a human rather than the automated application system.
    If your credit files are clean and you did not put down a stupid amount as salary then you should be ok.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • labradorlove
    • By labradorlove 16th Apr 18, 10:34 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    labradorlove
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:34 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:34 AM
    Hi faddy,

How long from that approved email did it take them to do those final checks and allow you to make transfers/purchases

Thanks
    Mortgage left: 117,940
    Car savings: 2,500/1200
    OP Target 2018: 2,400/400
    MBNA Card: 3,352/400 to clear

• Wanna_retire
    • By Wanna_retire 16th Apr 18, 11:23 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wanna_retire
    • 16th Apr 18, 11:23 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 11:23 AM
    Hi faddy,

How long from that approved email did it take them to do those final checks and allow you to make transfers/purchases
    Originally posted by labradorlove
    I had a phone call from them the next day - not sure why but they wanted to confirm I was the same person in their records for a card I'd had donkeys' years ago. He was then able to tell me I'd be able to do a transfer over the phone I think three days later. Which I did, before the card had arrived.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,435Posts Today

7,774Users online

Martin's Twitter