Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 20th Mar 18, 4:00 PM
    • 129Posts
    • 246Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I'm Getting Married in 2020 - Wedding Day Journey
    • 20th Mar 18, 4:00 PM
    I'm Getting Married in 2020 - Wedding Day Journey 20th Mar 18 at 4:00 PM
    I have booked my wedding for November 2020 and just wondered if there were any other Brides to be on here who would like to Join my diary.

My plan is to keep it updated with things that i have booked, created etc..
    It would be a great place to share tips and any different things we have seen.

If anything, it'll be great for me to write everything down and pretend i'm not talking to myself even if nobody joins in.
Page 2
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 10th Apr 18, 9:13 AM
    • 129 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    You've just got to do whats right for you IronSong, i wish you all the best.

We picked our cake on friday night. We have opted for vanialla sponge and passionfruit for the bottom tier, Chocolate and salted Caramel for the Middle tier and Lemon drizzle for the top tier. I'm still thinking about having white chocolate and raspberry in there somewhere.
    Our design is done and the price is set. - Another weight off our minds.

955 days until our wedding day
    • Nicola83
    • By Nicola83 10th Apr 18, 11:11 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Nicola83
    How are you doing for guest numbers happy Lassie?
    We've managed to get our day list down to 60 but we're struggling to get the evening list down. At the moment it stands at 160
    The h2b is too soft and doesn't want to leave people out, even though he hasn't spoke to some for years and others he's only met twice!

Your cake sounds amazing though
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 10th Apr 18, 11:57 AM
    • 129 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Our Package offers 90 Day time Guests and 150 Nighttime. So far we are at 110 with day time, i've drawn the line. Its a big number but we both have big families and invited one cousin leads to others needing to be invited.
    As for night time, i'm sticking with the 150 as i don't think there'll be more than that number in the room at a given time, even if we were to go over.
    That's the trouble with our Numbers, My OH has a group of close friends who've known each other since nursery school so there is about 15 of them, plus partners... and he's too nice to say no to anyone.

I sometimes wish we were just going away to get married ha ha.

We are still having to decide on our wedding menu. Not sure what we want, definitely a choice menu though.
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 11th Apr 18, 10:23 PM
    • 497 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    Wow! You 2020 brides are ahead of me already!

We've got an appointment with a venue, probably the one we'll go with, on Tuesday evening and I think it's when we'll choose a date.

We've bought some vases, jars and lanterns for table decorations and are waiting for a few bits to arrive so that we can add our own touches, hessian, ribbon, lace etc and we've had to buy a new glue gun as we can't find the one we have!

We're looking at a budget of 4000, so a little bit of saving for me to do but H2B has got his share already.

I've bought a dress off e bay, that will arrive next week.

I've got a post going for any other 2019 brides if you want to pop in and say hello
    Last edited by kdalwayskint; 11-04-2018 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Typo!
    Saving for Christmas 2018 ~ 119.46/365
    Wedding Fund 265/2000
    Car Fund 108.46/5000 ~ Bank of Mum 5000/5000 done
    DFW Nerd #1155
    LBM 25/2/09 Debt at highest 8,037.35 now 0
    Credit Card 2500
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 16th Apr 18, 9:56 AM
    • 129 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I will call over to your post KD

I have my bridesmaids coming over on Saturday to officially ask them, i've made up little hampers for them, i'm really excited.

I still haven't fully decided on my centre pieces all though i have 2 designs that i like, we will be doing them all ourselves. With needing so many tables, i'm wanting to alternate centre pieces on each table.

I bet you're excited for your dress to arrive KD
    Your centre pieces sound lovely! i think i've seen similar used on pintrest and they all look gorgeous.
    Pintrest is my best friend half the time ha ha
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 18th Apr 18, 3:26 PM
    • 497 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    My dress has arrived, and I can't do the zip up! Operation get in the dress had already started before the dress arrived!

Is it just me or do they make wedding dresses smaller than you expect? I'm a 12/14 (alright probably the 14) and measured myself the dress is supposed to be an 18!

Anyone seen any pastel blue shoes anywhere? I only seem to be able to find turquoise or navy.

Catch you all soon
    Saving for Christmas 2018 ~ 119.46/365
    Wedding Fund 265/2000
    Car Fund 108.46/5000 ~ Bank of Mum 5000/5000 done
    DFW Nerd #1155
    LBM 25/2/09 Debt at highest 8,037.35 now 0
    Credit Card 2500
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 18th Apr 18, 4:10 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Yes! they do that with Prom Dresses as well, no idea why!

I haven't but i will keep an eye out and let you know if i see any.

We have agreed a basic concept with our cake maker and it looks fab!
    cant believe how expensive they are though, pleased i'm not paying.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,659Posts Today

8,576Users online

Martin's Twitter