Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 20th Mar 18, 4:00 PM
    • 320Posts
    • 633Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I'm Getting Married in 2020 - Wedding Day Journey
    • 20th Mar 18, 4:00 PM
    I'm Getting Married in 2020 - Wedding Day Journey 20th Mar 18 at 4:00 PM
    I have booked my wedding for November 2020 and just wondered if there were any other Brides to be on here who would like to Join my diary.

My plan is to keep it updated with things that i have booked, created etc..
    It would be a great place to share tips and any different things we have seen.

If anything, it'll be great for me to write everything down and pretend i'm not talking to myself even if nobody joins in.
Page 2
    • Nicola83
    • By Nicola83 10th Apr 18, 11:11 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    Nicola83
    How are you doing for guest numbers happy Lassie?
    We've managed to get our day list down to 60 but we're struggling to get the evening list down. At the moment it stands at 160
    The h2b is too soft and doesn't want to leave people out, even though he hasn't spoke to some for years and others he's only met twice!

Your cake sounds amazing though
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 10th Apr 18, 11:57 AM
    • 320 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Our Package offers 90 Day time Guests and 150 Nighttime. So far we are at 110 with day time, i've drawn the line. Its a big number but we both have big families and invited one cousin leads to others needing to be invited.
    As for night time, i'm sticking with the 150 as i don't think there'll be more than that number in the room at a given time, even if we were to go over.
    That's the trouble with our Numbers, My OH has a group of close friends who've known each other since nursery school so there is about 15 of them, plus partners... and he's too nice to say no to anyone.

I sometimes wish we were just going away to get married ha ha.

We are still having to decide on our wedding menu. Not sure what we want, definitely a choice menu though.
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 11th Apr 18, 10:23 PM
    • 583 Posts
    • 1,702 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    Wow! You 2020 brides are ahead of me already!

We've got an appointment with a venue, probably the one we'll go with, on Tuesday evening and I think it's when we'll choose a date.

We've bought some vases, jars and lanterns for table decorations and are waiting for a few bits to arrive so that we can add our own touches, hessian, ribbon, lace etc and we've had to buy a new glue gun as we can't find the one we have!

We're looking at a budget of 4000, so a little bit of saving for me to do but H2B has got his share already.

I've bought a dress off e bay, that will arrive next week.

I've got a post going for any other 2019 brides if you want to pop in and say hello
    Last edited by kdalwayskint; 11-04-2018 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Typo!
    Saving for Christmas 2018 ~ 287.46/365
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    Car Fund 108.60/5000 ~ Bank of Mum 5000/5000 done
    DFW Nerd #1155
    LBM 25/2/09 Debt at highest 8,037.35 now 0
    Credit Card 2000/2500
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 16th Apr 18, 9:56 AM
    • 320 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I will call over to your post KD

I have my bridesmaids coming over on Saturday to officially ask them, i've made up little hampers for them, i'm really excited.

I still haven't fully decided on my centre pieces all though i have 2 designs that i like, we will be doing them all ourselves. With needing so many tables, i'm wanting to alternate centre pieces on each table.

I bet you're excited for your dress to arrive KD
    Your centre pieces sound lovely! i think i've seen similar used on pintrest and they all look gorgeous.
    Pintrest is my best friend half the time ha ha
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 18th Apr 18, 3:26 PM
    • 583 Posts
    • 1,702 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    My dress has arrived, and I can't do the zip up! Operation get in the dress had already started before the dress arrived!

Is it just me or do they make wedding dresses smaller than you expect? I'm a 12/14 (alright probably the 14) and measured myself the dress is supposed to be an 18!

Anyone seen any pastel blue shoes anywhere? I only seem to be able to find turquoise or navy.

Catch you all soon
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    DFW Nerd #1155
    Credit Card 2000/2500
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 18th Apr 18, 4:10 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Yes! they do that with Prom Dresses as well, no idea why!

I haven't but i will keep an eye out and let you know if i see any.

We have agreed a basic concept with our cake maker and it looks fab!
    cant believe how expensive they are though, pleased i'm not paying.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 1st May 18, 9:31 AM
    • 320 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Deposit has been paid for our cake... the concept looks amazing and i cannot wait to see this in real life.
    I have decided on a cake topper but keeping this as a surprise for the FutureHusband.

I have emailed my venue again asking if we can create our own menus for the meal as they keep suggesting really fancy food that i won't enjoy and nor will our a guests. We come from a proper north east back ground, so filling food is more appreciated than fancy.

I think come September time i will start looking at dresses for myself. It may give me more motivation to lose weight too.
    • candjsmum
    • By candjsmum 17th May 18, 3:38 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 502 Thanks
    candjsmum
    Not a bride to be, but a mum of a bride to be so hope it's OK for me to join
    They have decided on August 2020 and she has looked at a few places with myself and mum in law. He told her he didn't mind where as long as they got married so she has narrowed it down to a beautiful venue and we are all going along in June to look at it with the men and potentially paying the deposit!!
    Was just wondering if any of you have taken out wedding insurance and if so who have you gone with. Me and DD were talking about it last night and seeing as it's so far in advance was thinking it might be wise. Not the cold feet aspect but the fact that something could happen to the venue etc.
    Looking forward to picking up tips etc, I am soooo excited for her
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 17th May 18, 8:16 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Of course it!!!8217;s okay for you to join! I!!!8217;ve been a little quiet as there hasn!!!8217;t been much to report so feel free to post whenever you want! My Mam and Mam in law to be are also so excited!

We haven!!!8217;t taken our insurance but we!!!8217;ve also been thinking about doing it. I might have a look on one of the comparing sites and see what!!!8217;s available.
    • Nicola83
    • By Nicola83 22nd May 18, 10:51 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    Nicola83
    So after several weeks of looking at different venues, we think we have finally found our venue! It has beautiful gardens, the room where the ceremony and wedding breakfast and evening do will be held is just what we wanted as it has 3 massive windows so there is loads of natural light. It's a hotel so has plenty of rooms for all our guests if they want to stay over. The best bit is it's really reasonable in price too. So we're hoping to go and put our deposit down in the next few weeks and then we can start planning everything else!
    • Theglovner
    • By Theglovner 23rd May 18, 6:42 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Theglovner
    Edinburgh Wedding Exhibition
    For anyone reading through this thread and planning around the Edinburgh area, I'll Probably have some free tickets available for the Edinburgh Wedding Exhibition at Murrayfield in September as our band will be exhibiting again this year.

Good place for getting deals and other ideas for the big day.

Usually 10 pp entry but these will get in groups of up to six people with the one e-ticket.

Just let me know if you are after any and I'll see how many spare we have at the time.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 5th Jun 18, 2:28 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Sorry i have been a bit quiet lately.
    We unfortunately suffered a miscarriage, so we had been planning baby things but that's all changed.

Me and my MIL to be were discussing centre pieces at the weekend and she has some really good ideas.

Hopefully i will be able to attend some more wedding fayres and get more inspiration for our day
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 5th Jun 18, 2:29 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Nicola that sounds fab! Have you put down your deposit yet?
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 6th Jun 18, 9:35 AM
    • 583 Posts
    • 1,702 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    Sorry to hear your sad news HappyLassie big hugs for you and your H2B xxx
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    DFW Nerd #1155
    Credit Card 2000/2500
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 6th Jun 18, 11:50 AM
    • 320 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Thank you
    We are okay, obviously it was devastating and we still feel a bit flat and empty, but we have plenty of time before the wedding to try again.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 4th Jul 18, 8:03 AM
    • 320 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    So tonight I am off to a wedding fayre. I'm hoping this will give me some ideas and inspiration.

My mam, his mam and my maid of honour are coming so its a proper weddingy night

How is everyone else coming along with their plans?
    • Nicola83
    • By Nicola83 23rd Jul 18, 10:33 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    Nicola83
    Sorry to hear your sad news Happy Lassie !!!128577;
    How was the wedding fayre?
    We have put our deposit down for our venue and this evening we paid the deposit for the photographer.
    Next on the list is to book the registrar and then decide what we want our save the dates to look like.
    We're making them ourselves. I'm thinking card shaped like Mickey mouse's head with the writing in the Disney font, just got to figure out how to do it
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 24th Jul 18, 8:22 AM
    • 320 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Thank you Nicola

It was really good, i found some wedding dress shops that i'd like to go and look at. Also some bridesmaids dresses that i really like the style of.
    Finally saw a centre piece that i really liked and we can make ourselves.

Ohh they sound amazing - i love Disney!!!!
    Maybe pintrest can shed some light on it for you? - thats what i usually use ha ha
    • apricity
    • By apricity 29th Jul 18, 10:36 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 337 Thanks
    apricity
    hey I think i was on here with a different account,
    I just wanted to say I am really sorry to hear the news but I hope it gets better for you ,
    i can't imagine how it is for you guys.

I hope wedding planning is going well for you and giving you something to look forward to, though i know it doesn't fill it.

I just want it to be October so we can book a date for our wedding.
    hoping i can make it through the next 2 weeks with 35 !

I have 1,201.10 saved which is 48% !
    I am 192.00 away from having enough to pay for all of this;
    The lantern room registry office
    Marriage notices
    Booking fee registry office
    marriage certificate
    Wedding insurance up to 50
    Manor hall reception deposit
    Rest of Manor hall fee

Which i should be able to do in August.
    Omg It just hit me...! I'll have enough to get married! *circles*
    Sorry, I won't take the thread away from you
    SPC #017 - 0.50
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 30th Jul 18, 2:32 AM
    • 320 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Thank you apricots!

That sounds fantastic! I am so happy that you are nearly sorted with your funds.

Don!!!8217;t worry about what you post on this thread, I may have started it but I like people having input and sharing stories / ideas.

Wedding planning is going well for us. Haven!!!8217;t booked anything else yet but we need to start getting the venue paid off which we are hoping to start doing in January
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,171Posts Today

6,441Users online

Martin's Twitter